What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Freshman Ryder Sarchett wins the junior world championship in the giant slalom

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
HUGE congrats to the Buff!

Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2024/2/3/skiing-sarchett-wins-gs-junior-world-championship

"

Sarchett Wins GS Junior World Championship​

By: Curtis Snyder, Associate AD/Athletic Communications

HAUTE-SAVOIE, France – Freshman Ryder Sarchett won the junior world championship in the giant slalom race Thursday at the FIS Alpine Junior World Championships here at Saint Jean d'Aulps resort in Portes du Soleil.

Believed to be the first active collegiate skier to win a Junior World Championship, Sarchett did so by having the third fastest first run despite starting 17th and then throwing down a solid second run to win the race by six-hundredths of a second.

"I'm super stoked to be a junior world champion," Sarchett said. "It feels incredible. I went into today knowing that if I trusted the plan it could go well. I stayed relaxed throughout the day and skied well on the first run. On the second run, I stuck to the same mindset, normal skiing will a full send. I trusted that and it paid off."

Sarchett, from Ketchum, Idaho and the Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation along with Team USA, was the junior national champion for the United States in the GS in 2023. A former Whistler Cup Champion, he also got his collegiate racing career off to a good start, winning the GS race at the Utah Invitational in mid-January.

He is missing the CU Spencer James Nelson Memorial Invitational while competing in the Junior World Championships but is expected back for the RMSIA Championships at the end of the month.

The FIS Junior World Championships took part in six resorts around France and consist of downhill, slalom, Super G, giant slalom and a combined alpine competition from Jan. 28-Feb. 3. The GS races were the final of the competition.
"

Back