What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: Colorado State

Speaking of attendance. What is CU going to do about the tunnels to seats? Someone going to get hurt. They were dangerously crowded 30 minutes before kickoff. People with little kids getting crushed. My daughter punched some guy in the face because he was trying to smash his way through the crowd.

Speaking of attendance. What is CU going to do about the tunnels to seats? Someone going to get hurt. They were dangerously crowded 30 minutes before kickoff. People with little kids getting crushed. My daughter punched some guy in the face because he was trying to smash his way through the crowd.
The answer to this requires a major retrofit to the stadium. They have to take out the interior walkway. Turn that walkway into seating and stairs to the upper level. Nobody is walking in that walkway, people go right through the tunnels to their seats.

How is it screwing over anyone if CU charges a market rate?
Assuming season ticket holders are the ones selling tickets on SeatGeek, CU would be taking that delta out of their pocket and pricing some of them out. Prime won’t be at CU forever and the university needs people who won’t disappear when he goes. But I accept that it’s just my opinion and not the market reality.

Assuming season ticket holders are the ones selling tickets on SeatGeek, CU would be taking that delta out of their pocket and pricing some of them out. Prime won’t be at CU forever and the university needs people who won’t disappear when he goes. But I accept that it’s just my opinion and not the market reality.

CU isn't selling at the secondary ticket market rate. Season ticket holders and single game holders were able to purchase below that price.

CU isn't selling at the secondary ticket market rate. Season ticket holders and single game holders were able to purchase below that price.
Of course and the suggestion seems to be that CU charge them the full secondary market price up front. Just look at all of the efforts by musicians to capitalize on the secondary market for concerts. It just pisses people off.

My takeaway from Leon’s post that ticket prices would go way up next year.
You guys make good points. I had a logic disconnect with the quote I was responding to. Avg resale price is not to be misconstrued with avg overall price.

I was looking at the insanity on Saturday night.

I do think playing a season at Mile High might be in our near future. Folsom as currently constructed is not sustainable, and a piecemeal operation might not be feasible either.

I think we need to think about what could be accomplished in a December to August of the year after next time period.

The walkway needs to be done away with, the tunnels need to be expanded, bathrooms need to be moved out of the tunnels and more built in the concourses, and use that time to renovate the west side, close in the north end, and add a tier to the south end.

Am I crazy in thinking that all could be done in 19‐20 months?

I do think playing a season at Mile High might be in our near future. Folsom as currently constructed is not sustainable, and a piecemeal operation might not be feasible either.

I think we need to think about what could be accomplished in a December to August of the year after next time period.

The walkway needs to be done away with, the tunnels need to be expanded, bathrooms need to be moved out of the tunnels and more built in the concourses, and use that time to renovate the west side, close in the north end, and add a tier to the south end.

Season 3 Message GIF by The Simpsons

Yeah, those tunnels were no joke. My husband and I got stuck in one about 45 minutes before the game and it was just a mass of (mostly student) bodies. Some girl was passing out. I really thought I was going to get knocked over, but I eventually got spit out outside the stadium. A lady in a wheelchair was yelling that nobody would let her through. Once we got around, we went through our normal tunnel (8?) and it wasn't that crowded, but as kickoff got nearer my husband said it was super-crowded to get back from the concessions.

Wrong, I personally witnessed at least 4 dudes get in through the gap between the fence and the mini-donut trailer when after the lead guy took out the security guy. So it was at least 53,145; 53,146 if that lead guy got away.
Wonder if I witnessed the same or even more guys.

You craycray dudehead.

Playing in Denver sucked.
Playing in ft. fvckery sucks.
This is a body bag game with no upside for us. I’d rather schedule a directional borderline community college than play a three win team who will drag our reputation down all season.

Back