1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lance Carl is now CU Associate AD

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Awesome news!

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=209299388

[​IMG]

Lance Carl, who participated in one of the key plays on the football field as a player for the University of Colorado in the mid-1980s, will return to the school for the fourth time in his career as he has been named the associate athletic director for a newly created external role that encompasses business development, community partnerships and as the coordinator for non-game day events....

In his role, he will work to build strategic community partnerships, improve the department’s engagement with local community entities, and work to attract non-game day event business to CU’s athletic facilities.

<<read the entire article at the link above>>

2. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Hmmm? Maybe Rick George is proactive. This is a great hire! He's been around the block at CU before and will be a great asset.

3. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Looks like RG is ready to bring things to the public, hope that means facility announcements in the coming week (which was talked about on Rivals last week)

4. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

Is this similar to CJ's job description when he was working for the AD?

5. Buffnik

Somewhat. The big difference I see is that Carl will be trying to bring non-athletic events to Folsom and Coors. That's been a completely untapped revenue stream in recent years except for Bolder Boulder and 4th of July.

6. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

The acoustics in the CEC are horrible, but I love to see concerts come back to Folsom.
    Perhaps replacing the grass with athletic turf is something that needs to be considered.

7. Buffnik

I believe that saves money over time and allows more multi-use. I prefer for games to be played on grass, but I'm not as biased as I used to be. The new field turfs are pretty damn good and play similar to a grass field.

8. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

Good news and great hire. About time we hear something, now give us more please.

9. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

:smile2:

[video=youtube;_1Nkfc85kYc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Nkfc85kYc[/video]

OrangeBowl likes this.
  10. Hugegroove

Does that mean he will bring back the Super Saturday rock concerts they used to have at Folsum back in the 70's & 80's? I'm sure those shows raked in alot of $$$. :rofl:

11. 4thGenBuff

4thGenBuff Active Member

CU should hire Phil Lobel

12. Hugegroove

Not a bad idea. Maybe he can be hired as a consultant or assistant for Lance. But then again, unless Phil would work pro bono, I'm not sure who could afford to pay Phil's salary requirements?

13. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

I'd like to remain on grass but yeah it be nice to have other events at Folsom.

14. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

Sooooo... You have to have two first names to work in the Colorado athletic department?