What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MacIntyre´s new "tradition"

There is nothing cheesy about that. Wow. That is brilliant. To be the one player entrusted to carry the commitment of your teammates?

Changing the culture of any organization is an enormous undertaking (I know I'm not saying anything new here). What I saw on Sunday was a new culture, and I marveled at quickly it had changed. I think this commitment box is something that actually matters, and when combined with other, credible actions by the coaching staff is something that contributes to the dramatic culture shift.

There is nothing cheesy about that. Wow. That is brilliant. To be the one player entrusted to carry the commitment of your teammates?

Changing the culture of any organization is an enormous undertaking (I know I'm not saying anything new here). What I saw on Sunday was a new culture, and I marveled at quickly it had changed. I think this commitment box is something that actually matters, and when combined with other, credible actions by the coaching staff is something that contributes to the dramatic culture shift.

There's a difference between believing a thing and knowing it. I think they went into the game believing, but now they know that if they just keep executing, they can come out on top. A long time coming for most of them...

The toolbox is a metaphor for our previous coaches.

Anyway, it's awesome, and infinitely better than the voodoo buffalo incense thing that was rumored:

attachment.php

There's a difference between believing a thing and knowing it. I think they went into the game believing, but now they know that if they just keep executing, they can come out on top. A long time coming for most of them...

I am glad the seniors are getting to see how it should have been the whole time they were here. Let this be a lesson to us as far as recruiting. Talent is fine and dandy, but good talent and chitty coaching means you probably dont make it to the big show . Good talent and great coaching means you have a shot. Kids have to consider great coaching over even early playing time. Luckily enough, they can get both at CU right now.

I am glad the seniors are getting to see how it should have been the whole time they were here. Let this be a lesson to us as far as recruiting. Talent is fine and dandy, but good talent and chitty coaching means you probably dont make it to the big show . Good talent and great coaching means you have a shot. Kids have to consider great coaching over even early playing time. Luckily enough, they can get both at CU right now.

Excellent point. Hope thatis driven home to a lot of local recruits about right now.

Now, if the Neg-Nancy yokels here will stop referrring to the Oline as "awful" and "terrible" and "F'ed".....................well, I can dream!

I have to admit that I was concerned when Ringo Tweeted about the new tradition of a sledge hammer and a toolbox, it sounded like a Hawk-love/Neuheisal hybrid of motivation. I was sitting with my 9 year old son (who plays football) and he said "I get the hammer, but the tool-box?" Anyway, I told him we would have to be part of the team to understand the story behind it.

Fine with me, whatever works. I think the sincerity behind those type of awards/ recognition is what makes them work. People and competitors usually can feel the difference between fake and real awards, even if they are young and unexperienced, and it seems goofy at first glance.

Go get the sledge and toolbox Buffs!

Excellent point. Hope thatis driven home to a lot of local recruits about right now.

Now, if the Neg-Nancy yokels here will stop referrring to the Oline as "awful" and "terrible" and "F'ed".....................well, I can dream!

Im really starting to get the itch to ban you.

Tool box to Connor. As much as he's gotten yanked around in his career (some of it perhaps deserved) to come out with the game he had on Sunday speaks volumes to his level of commitment and his character in general. After getting minimal opportunity last year (despite what the previous staff presumably promised him), the fact that he didn't pack it in for a JUCO or FCS and a surefire starting gig is commendable. I'm sure the mess at UT was probably one of the first serious setbacks he's had in his athletic career, and he's had a lot of reasons to doubt himself since then. To put that aside, commit to earning the starting QB job, and then to come out as prepared as he was on Sunday, says a ton about who he is.

Quickly becoming my favorite current Buff.

Bah! Gillam should have had it, but Orms is deserving also!

Congrats

As an aside, the hammer looks pretty legit lol. Glad they did it right with the engraving, and getting a, what looks to be, 15-20lb hammer.

As an aside, the hammer looks pretty legit lol. Glad they did it right with the engraving, and getting a, what looks to be, 15-20lb hammer.

Now we need Rick George get started on a bidding war between Home Depot and McGuckin to sponsor the sledgehammer & toolbox.

Back