What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RR Ralphie Report: Former Buffalo David Bakhtiari parts way with Green Bay Packers

RSSBot

News Junkie
Green Bay Packers v Chicago Bears

Photo by Todd Rosenberg/Getty Images

One of the best Buffs to ever do it in the NFL is leaving his longtime home

One of the best Colorado Buffaloes to ever do it in the NFL is leaving his longtime home of eleven years. Former CU offensive lineman David Bakhtiari announced that he’ll be parting ways with the Green Bay Packers via his Twitter on Monday morning.

A lot of emotion in this. I just want to say THANK YOU Green Bay. Thank you for the last 11 years. It’s been a hell of a run. I always wanted to raise a Lombardi on Lombardi avenue, but I will never complain. I gave it my all. I always gave it my best no matter the circumstance… pic.twitter.com/dnc7gkKSAC

— David Bakhtiari (@DavidBakhtiari) March 11, 2024

After playing offensive line for the Buffs from 2009-2013, Bakhtiari racked up a collection of impressive stats and accolades in Boulder. After receiving second team All-Pac-12 honors his sophomore and junior year, Bakhtiari was be taken by the Packers in the fourth round of the 2013 NFL Draft.

In Green Bay, Bakhtiari established himself as perhaps the NFL’s best left tackle. After being named to the AP first team All-Pro list twice, second team All-Pro list three times and two Pro-Bowl selections, it looked like Bakhtiari was on a fast-track to the Hall of Fame.

Unfortunately, the former Buff has been through the wringer after battling a serious of serious injuries since tearing his ACL in late 2020, playing in only 13 games since then. Despite having five knee surgeries in a little over three years, Bakhtiari isn’t hanging up his cleats just yet.

Bakhtiari will look for a team for the first time in his eleven year NFL career. It seems like the Jets are in need of a left tackle and a potential reunion with Aaron Rodger seems like an intriguing option for both sides.

Only time will tell where the legendary former Buff can get his career back on track, but we are all wishing him the best in whatever comes next. Hopefully he lands in the right place at the right time and snags himself a Super Bowl ring.

by RylandScholes
Continue reading...

Back