What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting Dead Period has started - Signing Day Feb 1st

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member

11/27 thru 1/28 is the "Contact Period".

Six in-person off-campus contacts per prospective student-athlete shall be permitted during this time period with not more than one permitted in any one calendar week.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Dead Period in the midst of that from 12-12-16 thru 01-11-17, with the following exceptions:
Mid-year JUCOs will begin signing on 12/14 & contact allowed
Contact allowed during Dead Period with January enrollees who have signed NLI

Sunday, 1/29 is a Quiet Day and the 30th thru 2/2 is a Dead Period except for talking to signees.

Signing Day is Wednesday, February 1st.

... calls everyone over dead period ... straight to voicemail ....

Speaking of kids enrolling. I know lytle has said he will early enroll, how many early guys do we think we're going to get? Also, they count against the 2016 cycle or 2017, my recruit knowledge is very minimal.

Speaking of kids enrolling. I know lytle has said he will early enroll, how many early guys do we think we're going to get? Also, they count against the 2016 cycle or 2017, my recruit knowledge is very minimal.

The program has the option of counting back or in the current class. If there's room under the 25 limit in the previous year, you always count back to keep your options open next year.

Expected January:
T Lytle
Lewis
Sparaco
Moretti
Jackson
Hamilton
plus 2 GS OLs from the 2016 class: C Lytle & Pursell

Reactions: dio
The program has the option of counting back or in the current class. If there's room under the 25 limit in the previous year, you always count back to keep your options open next year.

Expected January:
T Lytle
Lewis
Sparaco
Moretti
Jackson
Hamilton
plus 2 GS OLs from the 2016 class: C Lytle & Pursell

Makes perfect sense, thank you! Taking a quick gander we had 18 commits and 1 who signed December, 2014. We can say 19, so 6 of them should be able to count against 2015's class.so theoretically we could take about 30-31 kids this year.

Makes perfect sense, thank you! Taking a quick gander we had 18 commits and 1 who signed December, 2014. We can say 19, so 6 of them should be able to count against 2015's class.so theoretically we could take about 30-31 kids this year.

Yes. We can bring in up to 30 or 31. Depends on attrition, though. Overall limit of 85 scholarship players. Not sure how many total we're losing yet between seniors, early graduations, transfers/NFL draft/retirements. Could also see us bringing Evan White back under scholarship if he took care of his business this fall with academics and workouts.

Yes. We can bring in up to 30 or 31. Depends on attrition, though. Overall limit of 85 scholarship players. Not sure how many total we're losing yet between seniors, early graduations, transfers/NFL draft/retirements. Could also see us bringing Evan White back under scholarship if he took care of his business this fall with academics and workouts.

It's a fluid situation, gotcha! Well, when we win the PAC 12 and then destroy Alabama in the NCG 76-0 we'll have no issues getting to 30 or 31. But in all reality, 10-2 in a season you can over sign players is about as good as it gets. Take all the highest rated kids you can get.

It's a fluid situation, gotcha! Well, when we win the PAC 12 and then destroy Alabama in the NCG 76-0 we'll have no issues getting to 30 or 31. But in all reality, 10-2 in a season you can over sign players is about as good as it gets. Take all the highest rated kids you can get.

Or take kids who will fit your schemes and you feel will be open to coaching. Just because a recruit is higher rated, doesn't mean they will be the best fit.

Or take kids who will fit your schemes and you feel will be open to coaching. Just because a recruit is higher rated, doesn't mean they will be the best fit.

Regarding the importance of fit with system, I always think of when Troy Aikman signed with Oklahoma despite their wishbone offense.

Regarding the importance of fit with system, I always think of when Troy Aikman signed with Oklahoma despite their wishbone offense.
Interesting how things happen sometimes. If Miami doesn't break Troy, I am sure he remains the OU starter. Does he still find his way to the NFL? Does OU get a national championship that year?

I said that in my head and then didn't add it in. I only meant with winning and the freedom of a bigger class we can add in more talented kids on the back end even if they may not be a position of need at the moment.

Wednesday, 12/14, is Signing Day for JUCOs.

popcorn-gifdream-of-jeanniebarbara-eden.gif

Maybe you can answer this Nik? how does it work when a kid leaves early for the NFL? If they leave 1 or 2 years early, does it open a scholarship for that 1 or 2 years??

Maybe you can answer this Nik? how does it work when a kid leaves early for the NFL? If they leave 1 or 2 years early, does it open a scholarship for that 1 or 2 years??

Yes.

Maximum of 85 total players under scholarship.
Maximum of 25 total players put under scholarship in any given year.

Back