What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SJSU hires San Diego´s Ron Carragher

OC/QB-Lindgren
OL-Bernardi
DL-Jeffcoat
DC/LB-Baer
DB- Clark

That leaves:
RB:
WR:
TE/ST:
1 other random position coach

Add Brennan Carroll TE/Special Teams
Matt Lubick WR & Recruiting Coordinator
Donnell Leomitti Safeties (Clark cornerbacks)
and Steve Sewell RB coach

Steve Sewell? Really? I didn't know he was coaching. Tell me why he'd be good here.

Love all of the electronic hand wringing over who will be brought on at CU. Who cares? Some assistants flourish under under one coach, and suck under another. Just win!

If it is not important then tell us why we have to spend so much money on that area. I care because I saw what the WAC level staff did under Hawkins.

Lubick for WR and Carroll for TE would be incredible. We've got the money to make it happen, too.

Lindgren, Lubick and Carroll would be a dynamic, young offensive staff, but I wonder how that would play out as each looks to move up the ladder.

Lindgren, Lubick and Carroll would be a dynamic, young offensive staff, but I wonder how that would play out as each looks to move up the ladder.
They move up if CU is having success. I can live with that.

As long as your coaches leave for promotions, it plays out great. You become a destination spot for up-and-coming coaches.

I've heard Tad speak on this with hoops and he's expecting that Rohn and Pri will get HC jobs soon. As much as he values them, he doesn't seem broken up about the idea at all. It's a good step in the evolution of the program.

As long as your coaches leave for promotions, it plays out great. You become a destination spot for up-and-coming coaches.

I've heard Tad speak on this with hoops and he's expecting that Rohn and Pri will get HC jobs soon. As much as he values them, he doesn't seem broken up about the idea at all. It's a good step in the evolution of the program.
Totally agree. We need to get some coaches to move up to better positions outside of Colorado to remove the stigma some people claim we have about being a graveyard for coaches.

I know this sounds ludicrous to some, but I am hoping that MacIntyre is up and out in 3-4 years. If he goes somewhere like a major SEC team after leaving Colorado it will show that we are not a graveyard and that a good coach can do well here and stay or move on.

Obviously it would be great to find a coach who makes us a perennial Top 20 team, occasional Pac 12 champs, etc. and stays for decades but that doesn't really seem to be the way the coaching profession works these days. The JoePa's and Snyder's are a dying breed.

Kennedy is not necessarily an "Embree guy". He grew up in Boulder but went to UNC. I think he would be a solid addition to the staff if they decide to keep him.

I believe that he and Embree's friendship is what brought him here. Don't know the history of it, but they were "close".

I want no staff continuity 4-21 is 4-21. Kennedy's Texas recruiting does not impress me and Brookhart is just complete **** at everything.

Steve Sewell? Really? I didn't know he was coaching. Tell me why he'd be good here.
Sewell is probably a stretch. He might be good, but it is a shot in the dark.
I was really hoping we could pick up Gould the Cal RB coach, but he just got tabbed as the HC at UCD. My next choice would have been EB, but, I don't see EB's being motivated here for quite a while. Finally, I would be OK with Hagan back on staff. But, the insiders scared me off and I went with Sewell.
Hopefully, Mac puts more effort into his RB coach search.

Totally agree. We need to get some coaches to move up to better positions outside of Colorado to remove the stigma some people claim we have about being a graveyard for coaches.

I know this sounds ludicrous to some, but I am hoping that MacIntyre is up and out in 3-4 years. If he goes somewhere like a major SEC team after leaving Colorado it will show that we are not a graveyard and that a good coach can do well here and stay or move on.

Obviously it would be great to find a coach who makes us a perennial Top 20 team, occasional Pac 12 champs, etc. and stays for decades but that doesn't really seem to be the way the coaching profession works these days. The JoePa's and Snyder's are a dying breed.

Yep that is ludicrous. If a coach is having success at Colorado, why would you want him to leave? He can get to the NC through the PAC 12 a lot easier than through the SEC.

Yep that is ludicrous. If a coach is having success at Colorado, why would you want him to leave? He can get to the NC through the PAC 12 a lot easier than through the SEC.

I'm having a hard time reconciling your last sentence with the last seven years... Four coaches, four schools, seven MNC's in a row, and you're saying it's harder to win a MNC in the SEC? Huh?

Back