What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Week 11 (Jan 24-30) Games Thread

torero

Small Guards don't get drafted early
Club Member
UCLA is really damn good. Definite final 4 potential again. Up 14 with 14 to go on Arizona. Arizona is crazy athletic. I think UCLA is probably the overall better team, but we match up better with them than Arizona.

I think Arizona is the most athletically gifted basketball team in the country. No one passes the eyeball test better than them. But I think UCLA has the most skilled players with the best chemistry among the Final Four contenders.

We actually have a better shot at beating Zona - just have to take care of the ball and not let them overwhelm us. We could play the Bruins 20 times and lose all 20 by single digits because those dudes play such mature basketball & make winning plays when it matters better than anyone in the country.

I think Arizona is the most athletically gifted basketball team in the country. No one passes the eyeball test better than them. But I think UCLA has the most skilled players with the best chemistry among the Final Four contenders.

We actually have a better shot at beating Zona - just have to take care of the ball and not let them overwhelm us. We could play the Bruins 20 times and lose all 20 by single digits because those dudes play such mature basketball & make winning plays when it matters better than anyone in the country.
That's a reasonable take. In that same 20 matchups with Arizona, 7 times we get blown out, 8 times we lose a close one, 4 times we win a close one, and one time we get Sabatino'd.

I was impressed with UCLA, but not USC. We should of beat them, but when you play so poorly the "turn-over" aces of the Buffs aren't going to get it done. But we know they "CAN" step up and play hard, what we saw at Oregon!
But I was up screaming at the screen at da Silva CONSTANTLY throwing the ball away on the press. Tad, get someone else to in-bound the ball! It's not that hard. But impressive win. I though geez another USC finish!

Pearl signs an extension at Auburn. He had been rumored for the Louisville job

No wonder he was out of his mind after seeing the crowd & getting the Kentucky win. He was in the middle of negotiations and knew his grandkids wouldn't ever have to get real jobs with what he'd just cemented.

Alabama knocks off Baylor and the Tide have one of the strangest resumes out there. This gives them 6 Quad 1 wins including Baylor, Gonzaga and Houston. They also have 7 losses including some bad ones to Memphis, Missouri and a terrible Georgia team. They also have losses to Iona and Davidson, although those are 2 good mid-major teams.

Oregon v OSU is always fun.

We need UO to win this one. Holding back my bile as I cheer for them.

Oregon v OSU is always fun.

We need UO to win this one. Holding back my bile as I cheer for them.
I don't watch a ton of college basketball because of the grind of the high school season.....but what the hell happened to Oregon State? Elite 8 to......this?

I don't watch a ton of college basketball because of the grind of the high school season.....but what the hell happened to Oregon State? Elite 8 to......this?
Last year was a very flukey Cinderella run. They weren't nearly as good as their result.

But they're not as bad as they've played this year, either.

Everything went freakishly right. Now everything is going freakishly wrong. The hoops gods like to have fun.

Last year was a very flukey Cinderella run. They weren't nearly as good as their result.

But they're not as bad as they've played this year, either.

Everything went freakishly right. Now everything is going freakishly wrong. The hoops gods like to have fun.
Last year was flukey for sure-I just didn't expect the wheels to fall off that epically.....holy ****.

six game win streak for Virginia Tech

Started 0-4 / 2-7 in conference play and now sits at 7th in the ACC w/ a 8-7 record. still probably not making the dance, but glad they're keeping it interesting. weak ACC this year, maybe we can make a run in the conference tourney.

Back