What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Yellow (gold) roses at Saturday's game?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I think it's appropriate to bring them and throw them on the field if we win.

Figure I'll pin mine to my lapel during the game.

And I know that the Rose Bowl emblem is a bouquet of red roses, but I'll be damned if I have any red on me at Folsom Field, so it's got to be a yellow one if we do this.

Thoughts?

Roses come in Black.

67231950-black-rose.jpeg

Pac-12 Champs go to the Rose Bowl. That is my logic on this. If we get into the playoffs as the Pac-12 champ that is a bonus.

This is a good idea, I'm getting some for the wife and friends to wear to the game on Saturday.

I was just reading about the playoff scenarios, and I have a hard time finding a path that doesn't lead to disappointment there if we win out. Honestly, I don't know if I care a ton about that, either. Getting snubbed and ending up in the Rose Bowl sounds like wonderful end to a magical season.

For now, let's just beat Utah.

I think it's appropriate to bring them and throw them on the field if we win.

Figure I'll pin mine to my lapel during the game.

And I know that the Rose Bowl emblem is a bouquet of red roses, but I'll be damned if I have any red on me at Folsom Field, so it's got to be a yellow one if we do this.

Thoughts?
Take note, C-Unit!!

Premature rose is a sure fire jinx. No roses until CCG.

Agreed. While I like the idea, it is premature when we have no idea what bowl we're going to yet - still much to be determined. Also, it seems like fodder for bulletin board material; not that whoever we could play in the CCG wouldn't find other things to motivate them, but why help them.

Did CU fans feel the same way about throwing oranges on the field?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the oranges were thrown in instances where the Orange Bowl was locked up. In the cases I can think of, beating Nebraska locked up the Big 8 and meant we were going to the Orange Bowl. Here, we still have to win a CCG after the game against Utah.

We will know the results of the Apple Cup on Friday. If Washington takes care of business as they should, I don't think its premature. If we face Washington in the P12 Championship, I believe the worst the Buffs would get is the Rose Bowl. I doubt a Pac-12 champ Washington gets snubbed from the playoff when they lost to what will be a highly ranked USC.

We will know the results of the Apple Cup on Friday. If Washington takes care of business as they should, I don't think its premature. If we face Washington in the P12 Championship, I believe the worst the Buffs would get is the Rose Bowl. I doubt a Pac-12 champ Washington gets snubbed from the playoff when they lost to what will be a highly ranked USC.
Actually, if we face Washington and lose, then it is almost 100% likely that USC jumps us in the rankings. Given that along with their TV market, alumni base and that they beat us head to head, CU would have almost not chance at going to the Rose bowl. The only way that CU gets to the Rose is if:

1. CU wins out and isn't selected for the playoff.
2. CU loses in the conference championship to Washington but USC loses to Notre Dame.

Great point. If a win means 10-2 and a meeting with an 11-1 Washington that would definitely go to the playoff with the title, then I look at it this way:

1. Saturday is for the Rose Bowl.
2. The Pac-12 Championship is for the Playoff with the Rose Bowl as the consolation prize to the loser.

Actually, if we face Washington and lose, then it is almost 100% likely that USC jumps us in the rankings. Given that along with their TV market, alumni base and that they beat us head to head, CU would have almost not chance at going to the Rose bowl. The only way that CU gets to the Rose is if:

1. CU wins out and isn't selected for the playoff.
2. CU loses in the conference championship to Washington but USC loses to Notre Dame.

Do you really think they'd punish the Buffs for playing an extra game? I mean 10-3 is still better than 9-3.
But you're probably right.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the oranges were thrown in instances where the Orange Bowl was locked up. In the cases I can think of, beating Nebraska locked up the Big 8 and meant we were going to the Orange Bowl. Here, we still have to win a CCG after the game against Utah.

You're wrong. We threw oranges all the time and in any game.

Back