What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'09 CO K Zach Grossnickle (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '09 CO K Zach Grossnickle (Committed to Colorado - 01/18/09)

Welcome, Zach!

Hope you don´t become Zach Kleinnickel but live up to your name.

Welcome, Zach!

Hope you don´t become Zach Kleinnickel but live up to your name.

We did get spoiled with Mason. Since then, other than Ebby making game winners vs. csu and OU, we have not been great. We need to fix it. If Goodman is any good, and I am glad he wants to be a buff, but he has never done anything but barely make a short FG vs. WVU and then nicknamed money and awarded a schollie, yet to miss his next 100 in a row. Hopefully grossnickle can put pressure on him to get better or grossnickle will see the field.

What was Eberhardt ranked coming out of high school? Is Grossnickle a higher ranked kicker?

I saw him kick against Grandview. He can really boom it - kickoffs all went through the end zone. My buddy who hates kickers because 'they aren't football players' even gave him a wow or two. In fact, I just called him and he's still raving about Grossnickle.

Last edited:

What was Eberhardt ranked coming out of high school? Is Grossnickle a higher ranked kicker?

Don't know about Eberhardt, but Grossnickle got bumped to #10 on Scout last week.

Welcome Mr. Buffalo Nickle, to the black and gold (and silver).
There is always room for a big leg like yours in the shadow of the Flatirons.

Welcome to the BnG Zach. Go Buffs

Eberhardt
Rivals 3* ranked #26
Scout 3*, not ranked

Grossnickle
Rivals 2*, ranked #21
Scout 3*, ranked #10

I'm almost more excited for this kid at the Punter position than at Kicker (although we all know he will help). No offense to MD.

I'm almost more excited for this kid at the Punter position than at Kicker (although we all know he will help). No offense to MD.

DiLallo was his player host. So he did a good job if he helped the kid commit.

Great news Zach! You will love being a Buff...We have had a lot of great kickers in boulder, I hope you are the next in a long line....

A good kicker can mean the difference between 5-7 and 8-4. Having a really good kicker and a really good punter means so much in terms of field position and flexibility of options. No more going for it on 4th and 5 from the 35 yard line. That's huge.

We did get spoiled with Mason. Since then, other than Ebby making game winners vs. csu and OU, we have not been great. We need to fix it. If Goodman is any good, and I am glad he wants to be a buff, but he has never done anything but barely make a short FG vs. WVU and then nicknamed money and awarded a schollie, yet to miss his next 100 in a row. Hopefully grossnickle can put pressure on him to get better or grossnickle will see the field.

I think you are forgetting the two game winners kicked against ISU two years ago....:cry:

I'd prefer it was Necrotizing fasciitis.

May a 1000 camel flies infest his genital area. Stupid fusker...

Let's hope we don't need a fg kicker to hit one to beat gulp...iowa state in the future.

Let's hope we don't need a fg kicker to hit one to beat gulp...iowa state in the future.

Anybody else feeling R-E-L-I-E-V-E-D that we have some options at this position next year?

I am really looking forward to breathing during field goal attempts.

Anybody else feeling R-E-L-I-E-V-E-D that we have some options at this position next year?

I am really looking forward to breathing during field goal attempts.

**** field goal attempts, I want TD's!:smile2:

This is a premium article, but if you get Scout, Zach tells about the big recruits weekend. He was part of the group of 12-13 recruits mid Jan.

Zach Grossnickle: Making the Decision
http://hscolorado.scout.com/2/833420.html

Talks about everything the recruits did and even some indecision in Hawkins office. :wow: Good read from recruit perspective.

Re: '09 CO K Zach Grossnickle

Ah, but #5, top row, is 6'5" and he's still a possibility for CU.
Visits next weekend.

And the guy he's standing next to, #6, is a committed buff.

So chin up, it ain't all bad.

... and you never know that kasa won't miss the mountains and decommit.
Why can a few decommits go OUR way?
We just gotta find Nick a CU-bound girlfriend that he wants to be near.
Problem Solved!

I'm just bumping this because I saw the Kasa comment (which I don't actually remember making, but heck, I sound smart now.)

Re: '09 CO K Zach Grossnickle

I'm just bumping this because I saw the Kasa comment (which I don't actually remember making, but heck, I sound smart now.)

Brilliant!

brilliant%2Bguinness.jpg

Re: '09 CO K Zach Grossnickle (Signed LOI to Colorado)

From Rivals:

Zack Grossnickle made a 61-yard field-goal at the Ray Guy Academy kicking camp in Colorado Springs last July, setting a camp record.

From Rivals:

Zack Grossnickle made a 61-yard field-goal at the Ray Guy Academy kicking camp in Colorado Springs last July, setting a camp record.

Well although his name doesn't flow as easily as Mason Crosby....if he starts kicking bombs like that, it'll ring in stands for sure!

Welcome MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE Knuckle!

Back