What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'09 CO TE DaVaughn Thornton (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '09 CO TE DaVaughn Thornton (Signed LOI to Colorado)

I would like to declare here and now that Grossnickle is going to become a buffs legend. I dunno what it is, but when i look at that picture I see it.

I'm serious.

I am going to declare here and now that if and when CU needs to hire a football coach any time in the 2030's, Grossnickle should be the first, last and only candidate.... :thumbsup:

East beat Cherokee Trail in the first round of state playoffs.
Two CU commits still showing well in their second sport.
East won the game 72-60.

http://preps.denverpost.com/home.html?site=default&tpl=Boxscore&ID=27169

Player .....Points..... FGMade .....3 pt .....Freethrows .....FT Attpt ....FT%
Quentin
Hildreth .....16 ........2 ..............2 .......... 6 ...............6 ............ 100.00

DaVaughn
Thornton ..12 ........2 ............. 0 .......... 8 .............. 13 ............61.5

CU Commit (and 3-sport athlete) DeVaughn Thornton is in the 5A state track finals this weekend for the Long Jump.

I can't seem to figure out the schedule, but here it is:

http://chsaa.org/sports/track/pdf/20094A5AHEATSHEETS1150.pdf

Top of page 11 of 12 pages...

Also noted that Kenny Bell of Fairview is on the same page, in the finals for High Jump. He's class of 2010 --- I read somewhere that CU is looking at him as RB next year, but don't see it now. Maybe wishful thinking.

Kain Coulter made finals for Triple Jump.

bumping DeVaughn's thread because I'm a huge fan and it's scheduled to disappear on 6/13/09 if not active.

bump_signs.jpg

Last edited:

Good for him, good for those kids.

It's hard for a school like Overland to complete against schools that have more athletes and more resources but I'd love to see him have some success there.

As someone who has worked along side a number of different high school head coaches I can tell you they don't do it for the money. If you look at how much they get paid compared to the hours involved the per hour compensation is the worst paying extra job they could get.

Back