What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'09 CT DE J. Forrest West (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '09 CT DE J. Forrest West (Committed to Colorado - 01/18/09)

Welcome Forrest....hopefully he has a chip on his shoulder like Speedy did and shows a lot of people that he definately was & is a big catch!

FWIW, Abe Wright played DE at 6-3 240-245 while he was at CU. I certainly think West could play DE at that weight, or be hybrid rush end. Seems like if he did not miss his Jr year, he would have been a much more highly regarded player. This staff's track record with under the radar type guys is pretty solid, so I'll certainly defer to them.

I (and others) believe that our D going forward will feature one highly mobile "rush" DE. Jones moved there last year. Beatty seems to be the heir-apparent rush end. It's part of the whole "speed on D" philosophy.

I (and others) believe that our D going forward will feature one highly mobile "rush" DE. Jones moved there last year. Beatty seems to be the heir-apparent rush end. It's part of the whole "speed on D" philosophy.

Sounds good, would like to have both ends being able to get some pressure and sacks,that would be even more "speed on d"

Beatty has really progressed, He will be a force for us in 09.

Last edited:

By "rush" end, I'm meaning more of a LB hybrid. A mobile guy who sometimes doesn't rush and covers in pass protection while a LB or DB comes as well. Saw it a lot with Jones. You're not going to see Herrod or Kasa covering the tight end EVER.

This guy seems intriguing, but it is very strange that Uconn and Buffalo didn't offer. With Speedy, we know it was height. This guy is also undersized if he lines up at DE. But he had ZERO offers. He wasn't under the radar, he was underground.... It will be real interesting to see what he brings.

He might be a perfect 3-4 linebacker, a guy who can rush the passer off the edge and drop back into coverage if needed.

wow...

nice writeup by TRR, great interview from the coach, and Forrest sounds awesome...

Welcome aboard Forrest. Look forward to seeing you on the field.

Re: '09 CT DE J. Forrest West

Is that 4.9 at the Nebraska combine? If so, I would take two tenths off of it because they used to use an extremely slow electronic time system rather than handheld or something else. That being said, when I was at that camp they were using a sun-dial so they probably have upgraded. That's why I ran just a "shadow" under 5.0 at that camp. Of course I was also only 250 at the time. Wish I was 250 now. 30 more pounds to go. I'm rambling but it is simply a sign of past head trauma. Humor me. : )

Re: '09 CT DE J. Forrest West

Is that 4.9 at the Nebraska combine? If so, I would take two tenths off of it because they used to use an extremely slow electronic time system rather than handheld or something else. That being said, when I was at that camp they were using a sun-dial so they probably have upgraded. That's why I ran just a "shadow" under 5.0 at that camp. Of course I was also only 250 at the time. Wish I was 250 now. 30 more pounds to go. I'm rambling but it is simply a sign of past head trauma. Humor me. : )

Okay Wyo, sounds like you've been thru this. One question: do you think some schools report less than stellar results for some young men just to have a chance to get "borderline" recruits to gray-shirt or walk-on (vice scholly from someone else)?

I've often wondered if there were these kind of "games" going on with potential recruits/players.

Not Wyo, but teams don't report anything on recruits until after they've signed. Most of the times are "BS" because they are reported by the kids themselves when they fill out their own Rivals or Scout profile. They may run 4.8 every time but once they were hand timed at 4.5, so that's what they use...

When the combines report times, they are generally electronically timed and thus more accurate. You often see a kid report a 4.5 and then the combine shows a 4.65 or something like that....

...... When the combines report times, they are generally electronically timed and thus more accurate. You often see a kid report a 4.5 and then the combine shows a 4.65 or something like that....

I figured the combine stats were more accurate. The school camps were what I was questioning. It made me wonder if there were teams reporting less than attractive stats on a player or two, just to deflect the attention of other schools.

Just wondering......

Salisbury, Conn., native J. Forrest West will be traveling all the way to Colorado for his college career and at this point the 6-foot-2, 225-pound pass rusher couldn’t be happier with his decision to join Head Coach Dan Hawkins and the rest of the Buffalo family.

“It was a great visit,” West said. “When I first got there they had some academic presentations for us to watch and we got to talk to a lot of the tutors and meet with some professors. They talked a lot about the transition for high school seniors into college academically and showed how they support us. After that I went to see the business building which was really nice and talked to a professor there about my majors which will be finance or business administration.”

“After that I hung out with the players and my host Marques Herrod all night and we just met a ton of people on campus which made me extremely comfortable up there really fast,” West explained. “I just clicked immediately with the group up there and felt great about going to school there.”

“Before I left Head Coach Dan Hawkins brought me into his office with the defensive line coach and defensive coordinator and I told them I was committing to Colorado right there,” West stated. “They were all very excited; although I’m pretty sure they already knew from the vibes I was giving off during the trip.”

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/833704.html

It was the new B-school that sold him.....:woot: b-school!

It was the new B-school that sold him.....:woot: b-school!

Not surprising that a guy with a name like J. Forrest West would be impressed by the new business school. Definitely has the future CEO name working.... :thumbsup:

cso...CHIEF SACK OFFICER

GIGGITY

Re: '09 CT DE J. Forrest West (Signed LOI to Colorado)

Sounds like we got a winner here. Going to graduate then two days later be on a plane to Boulder to enroll in summer school and "start working out with the guys". Got to love the attitude and commitment. Hell, I was just looking for the next party two days after graduation.

His HS scout did gush about West's work ethic. It's nice to see him walking the talk. He'll love Boulder in the summer.

West is looking in pretty good shape in the Swag Video.

KiddieBumper2-1.jpg

thread bump

Back