What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

1-0... that's huge for how this season lays out

Offense has to get going. For such a "great" offense we are supposed to have, we have only scored 35 points in our last 3 games combined. I do say I'm going to be sad to not have Taz after this season.

i'm OK with it. game was never really in doubt.....spread was 7.5. loved the D. biggest question mark of the off-season. i'm encouraged but a long ways to go. O has work to do.

Wow! Some of you are down on Udoffia, I feel he played pretty good in his first game. Stevens completed 6 passes in the first half and the last 2 were meaningless in the last few seconds and one might have been a screen. This game especially the college game favors the offense, he and the rest of the defense played well. The 2 OPI's that happened against Udoffia actually happened they were real. The 1 against Oliver was fake.

Wow! Some of you are down on Udoffia, I feel he played pretty good in his first game. Stevens completed 6 passes in the first half and the last 2 were meaningless in the last few seconds and one might have been a screen. This game especially the college game favors the offense, he and the rest of the defense played well. The 2 OPI's that happened against Udoffia actually happened they were real. The 1 against Oliver was fake.
Udoffia may be good one day, but the positive comments from coach and the article by our favorite CU hack writer are about boosting his confidence. He will definitely be a major liability this year. I wish they would give worthington a go and I suspect that after the Washington game they will.

Udoffia may be good one day, but the positive comments from coach and the article by our favorite CU hack writer are about boosting his confidence. He will definitely be a major liability this year. I wish they would give worthington a go and I suspect that after the Washington game they will.
Worthington isn't now, nor has he ever been a Corner. Udoffia will have his ups and downs, but he's a great athlete and will adapt to the college game in time.

We need to score bunches of points these next 2 games. I fear MM doesn't believe in piling on though

Udoffia played very well for his first game as a redshirt freshman. I'm more than satisfied with his performance.

Looking at the conference schedule in this format (LINK) shows how good this schedule stacks up for us. Only one team is coming off a bye prior to facing us and many have to play USC, Stanford or UW the week before. Even with our late bye we manage to catch USC late without an earlier bye.
upload_2017-9-7_10-5-5.pngupload_2017-9-7_10-5-5.png

I disagree with pretty much all of what @Buffnik posted. Sure I need to make it home and watch the replay but here are my impressions.

1. Suddenly the guy who used to run into contact even when he had a free run to the end zone now runs out of bounds anytime he is close. Lindsay clearly has a different attitude and it isn't good for his hopes this year or the teams. Plus I saw him completely make no effort on two blitz pickups. No bueno.

2. Our WR group is vastly over rated. A very bad csu secondary was covering them very well all game long. Except for short throws they couldn't get open. Oh and talk about a group that couldn't break a tackle in one on one situations.

3. Montez has all the physical talent in the world but his feet are not good in the pocket right now and it's causing him to miss easy throws. Also he can't lead a slant route.

4. Uddofia is in serious trouble this year. Guy was beat consistently tonight and if CSU had focused on him sooner it would have been worse. Worthington looked better but wasn't out on the island as much.

5. Safety play wasn't as good as last year. Not due to lack of talent but instead due to lack of play recognition.

6. Offensive line would look ok one play and horrible the next. Definitely not as strong as people had implied. Still ok but nothing special.

7. Special teams is still going to be one of the worst in the PAC.

The next two games are going to be big wins and people will be feeling good, but man does CU ever have a LOT to work on before Washington.

Oh but Lewis does look legit.

I understand your frustrations, but one Lindsay had nothing to gain by trying to run somebody over for an extra maybe half foot when going out of bounds. As the best back on the team (obviously) unnecessary risks can get you hurt and hurt the team. If you're questioning Phillip Lindsay's commitment and desire to win, you clearly haven't heard that kid talk about how much he loves this team. Wide Receiver group is not over-rated, they just didn't have the play calls to get them out in the open, not to mention the Rams were sitting back intentionally trying to keep us from getting a deep ball. Like Nik said, it was their second game and our first. Udoffia clearly improved over the course of the game in case you didn't watch the second half and see him with two huge pass breakups? Laguda and Fisher will be just fine (and in my opinion very good by PAC play). Line was missing Irwin, duh. We missed one field goal? It was his first game ever and he hit the other. Jesus give him a chance. Each kickoff went for a touchback, punts were looking incredible as we were led to believe in preseason where are you getting that it's going to be awful? We have a lot to work on, but it's small things not huge, gamebreaking details. We will be fine. Classic pessimist.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lindsay was told not to take anymore hits than need be. Could be wrong but I've thought about it. He gets hurt, we might be in deep ****.

Back