What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA WR Paul Richardson (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '10 CA WR Paul Richardson

I like our chances, but it seems like he is pretty wide open. We should get an official visit and he has said he wants to take official visits toward the end of the season, so hopefully we have a solid record at that point.

Not much new, just need to play to our potential this season and we should get an official visit.

Looks like we're in his Top 4 with UCLA and Cal in the lead. Pretty good shape at this point.

Hmm, well newWeasel will fall on his face sooner or later, and Cal? Well maybe Tedford will room for another program when they come calling.

Small Update on Paul Richardson, Jr. in LA Times.

Serra beats Carson in physical matchup

Paul Richardson Jr. made two acrobatic catches for touchdowns, ...
I haven't found any tape of "acrobatic catches" yet, but I'll keep digging a bit longer.

Love the description, and then RN makes an appearance by helicopter ...:rolleyes:

Richardson's 26-yard touchdown reception on the opening drive was a catch out of this world. He simply dove and somehow caught the ball.

Watching in the first half was UCLA Coach Rick Neuheisel, who took a helicopter to the game and was supposed to visit several other high schools on a whirl-wind recruiting night.

He'd probably take three of Serra's receivers -- Richardson, George Farmer and Robert Woods. Farmer, however, is a junior, and Woods is committed to USC.

Scout update on Four Star Paul Richardson

“I officially have one visit set up for Arizona State for November 28th (when they play Arizona), and I’m working on Cal and Colorado visits,” said Richardson.
Says he is still considering Arizona State, UCLA, Cal and Colorado.

25665603E.jpg

Caption: Serra's Paul Richardson (18) makes a diving catch in the endzone against Carson
for the first touchdown in Friday night's football game between the two South Bay
powerhouses at Carson High. Carson took the lead at halftime 10-7 with a last second field goal.
August 29, 2009. Photo by Steve McCrank Album ID: 840587 Photo ID: 25665603

Richardson is setting up his official visits:

November 7th - Colorado (Texas A&M game)

November 28th - Arizona State (Arizona game)

After the season - Cal and Oregon State

UCLA is still heavily in the mix but he may not take an official.

Is it just me or what? Why on earth does Rick have a helicopter to fly around in and recruit people?

Richardson won't be coming on an official visit for a game weekend, but is scheduling a visit for after the season. Planning to commit by the end of the year. No heavy favorite right now. (Scout content)

He did say CU being out of state was a good thing. Sounds like a plus for us. He also spoke highly of Clark Evans.

I think we might be the dark horse for him.

I'm watching the Serra v. Cathedral game and Richardson has shown much but he looks like a pretty good receiver. I dont know who his QB is but he is not playing well. He also looks very nervous behind center.

The best we can hope for is he misses playing with Clark Evans. They racked up some nice stats when they were on the same team.

Kinda hard for him to stand out on that team when there are two top line (5*) WR prospects playing alongside him.

Who are the others? I'm assuming Woods since he is definitely their best player.

Woods and the junior Farmer. Might be the best WR in the country for the 2011 class.

Ah gotcha. They were talking about Farmer. He and Woods both had touchdowns called back.

FYI: Richardson just went out with a twisted ankle. It looks like he reaggravated a previous sprain.

Re: '10 CA WR Paul Richardson (Committed to UCLA)

Richardson has re-committed to UCLA and ended his recruitment.

:sad1:

Re: '10 CA WR Paul Richardson (Committed to UCLA)

****, I really hope that we announce a new WR coach SOON, and reopen communications with this kid. Hawk needs to act now, like a strong leader's supposed to act like. He made some great hires when he came here (Kiesau at WR, Brown at DB, I liked Grimes too), in addition to some aweful ones, so I think he has the ability to hire a quality coach. He needs to act NOW in order to salvage this recruiting class. A month and a half ago, we looked fine in my opinion, with Spond and Jones still in the fold and lots of recruiting weekends left. Now, although I don't think we're in dire straits, the coaches really need to finish strong. A WR coach would help a lot.

http://colorado.scout.com/2/988421.html

The good news: completely healed from senior year leg injury. Will not require surgery. Running track in the spring was all the re-hab he needed.

More good news: visited CU over the weekend.

The meh news: didn't seem to be blown away by his trip and we did not offer. "I had a nice visit," he said. "It's definitely different out there as far as the air and the culture, but overall it was an alright trip." "It might be good for me to wait it out and see how different schools' seasons go and take the time to work out and put some weight on," Richardson said via text message.

The hope: Richardson was expecting to leave Boulder with an offer and was disappointed he didn't get it. Once his legal issues settle (misdemeanor or dismissal), CU offers and Richardson accepts. There's also a long-term hope that even if things don't clear up in time for fall that CU has a good season and we get him as a grayshirt in January.

http://colorado.scout.com/2/988421.html

"It might be good for me to wait it out and see how different schools' seasons go and take the time to work out and put some weight on," Richardson said via text message.

Sounds like he is resigned to at least greyshirting based on this statement. Probably a good decision on his part, let the legal stuff work itself out and blow over, get healthy, and come into school without being rushed at the start from registering late, etc. This also means that he could practice with the team for spring ball giving him a better chance to recover more from the injury, get back into the swing of things, and have more time to learn and adjust to college ball and college life.

I hope for his sake and ours to see him showing up in January.

I think he will be somewhere in the fall. I think he is "downplaying" anything right now while the legal stuff is sorted out. The last message he needs to send RIGHT NOW is "woohoo, I'm going to go to such and such place and not have to sit out - screw you UCLA".

From a PR move, talking about offers to other places right now would not be good for him or the school. Everyone is playing this properly.

Get the case resolved (I think it will be soon).
Get your visits done in the meantime (keep it low key)
Pick a school and get enrolled, and the PR will sit a lot better at that time. You can explain the situation until it's resolved - so just bide your time.

It won't look good that CU is taking guys that Slick kicks off the team for bad behaviour (on the surface).
Dig deeper and I think you will see the guy should get a 2nd chance and maybe ole Slick jumped the gun trying to keep his own image clean.

CU needs a WR badly. Badly. I think he's a Buff and he will be here in a few weeks.

that same reliable source who told me about mobley is reporting richardson was admitted moments ago :woot:

I'll wait for something more official (at least one of the journalists running with it) before adding Richardson to the 2010 class and roster. But it's looking good, folks.

:thumbsup:

:gobuffs:

Back