What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO ATH Kain Colter (Signed to Northwestern)

Re: '10 CO ATH Kain Colter

Weird.. he's thinking about Stanford and Northwestern, but at the same time is contemplating Arizona State and Nebraska? He must not be sure how much stock he wants to put in the academics department. Maybe he'll settle for something in between? :thumbsup:

Word is that NU is going back to their traditional option style and offered Kain as a QB.

I believe that. Navy, GA Tech, Air Force are ripping it up and Tom Osborne loves it. The NU offense was inept this year at best....

And Osborne runs the team. Pelini just runs the defense and yells at the offense but doesn't really understand it or want to....

He is going to Nebraska.

No, according to an article in Scout today, Northwestern is leading the pack. That does make a little more sense academically.
This is from the Northwestern site:
Englewood, Colo., quarterback Kain Colter -- who committed to Stanford in the spring -- recently reopened his recruitment. And Colter, a three-star prospect, confirmed in an interview with Big Red Report that Northwestern is the front-runner at the moment.

Word is that NU is going back to their traditional option style and offered Kain as a QB.

No way. They intend to add a little option out of the spread formation but Ozzie was doing that in '95. The offense you see next year when the injured are healed will be much different than this years band aid version. The QB was limited in what he could do since early on with the torn tendon in the elbow.

Last edited:
yeah, I remember, the QB was going to be better than Ganz....

At least UA didn't show up to play in the "holiday" bowl and preserved dr. Watson's job for another year. I suspect Tommy O will quit pretending he's not the offensive coordinator next year.

The kid wants to be a QB, so you couldn't blame him. He'll likely not end up as QB anyway, but he wants the shot. Besides, I've worked with smart nubs and not so smart Crimson (that's Harvard - I had to google it...). An education is more what you make of it than the school, at least in my experience. After all, look what all those Harvard MBA investment bankers did to our country... they killed the economy and their profession in one fell swoop!

The kid wants to be a QB, so you couldn't blame him. He'll likely not end up as QB anyway, but he wants the shot. Besides, I've worked with smart nubs and not so smart Crimson (that's Harvard - I had to google it...). An education is more what you make of it than the school, at least in my experience. After all, look what all those Harvard MBA investment bankers did to our country... they killed the economy and their profession in one fell swoop!

Be serious, two resumes come across your desk, one says Harvard, one says UN-Lincoln, who are you inviting for an interview?

Be serious, two resumes come across your desk, one says Harvard, one says UN-Lincoln, who are you inviting for an interview?

Is this an NFL interview? Seriously, I'd interview both and take the most qualified guy. Depending on the degree, Harvard could get them extra points, but no guarantee.

OK, my point is Harvard will open a lot more doors for you. Realistically, there's not 2 resumes, there's 30 and unless the job involves bench pressing fat chicks, the Harvard one is probably going to float to the top.

Uhh, so basically: Kain is going to Nebraska to be their new retro option QB, a degree from Harvard is better than a degree from Nebraska, Northwestern leads for Kain's services and TO likes to run the option out of the spread formation. Sweet.

Uhh, so basically: Kain is going to Nebraska to be their new retro option QB, a degree from Harvard is better than a degree from Nebraska, Northwestern leads for Kain's services and TO likes to run the option out of the spread formation. Sweet.

Yeah. In other words, we don't know dick. :lol:

The Nebraska reports were premature and incorrect.

Colter has committed to Northwestern. They will give him an opportunity to play QB in their spread offense and also offer the educational prestige he was looking for.

Can never fault a kid for going to a place like Northwestern or Stanford. Although given the choice between the two, I'd take Stanford. Palo Alto >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Evanston, ILL.

Evanston isn't that bad, much worse places to go to college. Can always hop on the L can head downtown to Chicago.

Evanston isn't that bad, much worse places to go to college. Can always hop on the L can head downtown to Chicago.

Evanston isn't bad, but it's not as nice as Palo Alto. The weather is much nicer in Palo Alto. Both San Francisco and Chicago are great cities. For me, it's really about the weather.

Just heard on gameday that Persa is not starting for Northwestern and backup Kain Colter will be starting. Good luck Kain! :thumbsup:

That's an early game on ESPNU (10am ch 404 on Denver metro Comcast).

Starting as a RS-Freshman but HaLkins only saw him as a WR. Good luck, Kain!

Back