What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO OLB Joe Hemschoot (Signed to Stanford)

If he's looking for stability, he's not looking at the right places. Obviously USC is going to have a bunch of turnover. It wouldn't surprise me if Stanford had a coaching change in the next five years, too. If he wants stability, he will only find it in a very few places. Ohio State is the only school that comes to mind that would be a pretty good bet to have the same nucleus of coaches over the next five years. Maybe Texas.

If he's looking for stability, he's not looking at the right places. Obviously USC is going to have a bunch of turnover. It wouldn't surprise me if Stanford had a coaching change in the next five years, too. If he wants stability, he will only find it in a very few places. Ohio State is the only school that comes to mind that would be a pretty good bet to have the same nucleus of coaches over the next five years. Maybe Texas.

With recent advances in stem cells and cryogenics, KState will be as stable as you can get.

Supposedly decided not to make his official visit to USC this weekend even though they had expected him.

Last edited:
According to Natalie Meisner in the Post this morning, he's looking at Colorado, Stanford, and Oregon.

Hemschoot was quoted: "Coach Hawkins is doing some really good things up there, and the winning is going to come. I would like to play in front of my parents and friends, that is a factor. When it comes down to it, it will probably be my overall feel among the coaches and players."

Well, Stanford accepted an OLB commit this weekend. They may be done (and it looks like Harbaugh's going to take the Raiders job if it opens up anyway). Oregon may be a case of the school and the player respecting Hemschoot's coach with interest possibly not that high for either party. We'll see, but I have to say I feel much better with USC out of the picture.

Well, Stanford accepted an OLB commit this weekend. They may be done (and it looks like Harbaugh's going to take the Raiders job when it opens up anyway). Oregon may be a case of the school and the player respecting Hemschoot's coach with interest possibly not that high for either party. We'll see, but I have to say I feel much better with USC out of the picture.

fify That's not just a revolving door - it's one of those continuously moving revolving doors, and will be as long as old man davis is in control. Just Suck, Baby!!

Hemschoot has now been rated by Scout. They have him as a 3* prospect and the 34th best OLB for 2010.

New scout article up for Hemschoot. Sounds like he's playing it pretty close to his vest, says all 3 are equal blah blah. Looks like he's expecting an offer from Oregon while on his visit, so I guess they're pretty interested. Hopefully Hawk can bring him in, he sounds like a good kid, great GPA too!

Most of the time a kid like this blows up. Seen his clips, he can straight up play. BB would disagree but, if he is ready and will do the work, get him started right away.

Hmm... any news here? I didn't hear if he got an offer at UofO. You would have thunk if he was going to commit there he would have done it this weekend.

Hmm... any news here? I didn't hear if he got an offer at UofO. You would have thunk if he was going to commit there he would have done it this weekend.

Here's the latest from a new Rivals interview published this evening:

"I am trying to make my decision this week," he said on Tuesday afternoon. "I am shooting for Thursday."

Hemschoot had an in-home visit with linebackers coach Brian Cabral and defensive coordinator Ron Collins from the Buffaloes' staff on Monday evening.

"The major factor that would lead me to go to CU would be staying close to home and the fact my parents could come to the games," said Hemschoot. "So we talked about that and we talked about some academic stuff. We also talked about the possibility for playing time. I know they are short on linebackers. It would be a real good situation for me."

Stanford defensive line coach Lance Anderson is stopping by for an in-home visit on Tuesday night and Oregon head coach Chip Kelly is scheduled to come by on Wednesday.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1044524

Basically, it's a 3-way battle that should be decided this week. fwiw, I'm becoming less confident (but that could just be nerves).

I wonder what his folks think about the recent events with the ducks football players.

The same could be said about some of our guys. **** happens when you have 105 players on the team, 85 of them on scholly.

I like our chances with Cabral in his home. Not many better backer coaches with his history of playing and putting guys in the NFL

I have a bad feeling about Oregon here. Although he does seem to emphasize academics, so that would put Oregon at a disadvantage right? I'm not overly familiar with them as an academic school, but I don't think I've ever heard that they're near the top of the Pac 10 in that department. Somewhere above Washington State, Oregon State, and Arizona State, but not really near Stanford, USC, UCLA, Cal, Arizona, or Washington?

Here's the latest from a new Rivals interview published this evening:

"I am trying to make my decision this week," he said on Tuesday afternoon. "I am shooting for Thursday."

Hemschoot had an in-home visit with linebackers coach Brian Cabral and defensive coordinator Ron Collins from the Buffaloes' staff on Monday evening.

"The major factor that would lead me to go to CU would be staying close to home and the fact my parents could come to the games," said Hemschoot. "So we talked about that and we talked about some academic stuff. We also talked about the possibility for playing time. I know they are short on linebackers. It would be a real good situation for me."

Stanford defensive line coach Lance Anderson is stopping by for an in-home visit on Tuesday night and Oregon head coach Chip Kelly is scheduled to come by on Wednesday.

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1044524

Basically, it's a 3-way battle that should be decided this week. fwiw, I'm becoming less confident (but that could just be nerves).

The disappointing thing is that he didn't point to Cabral as one of the big reasons to commit to CU. That's a little odd, growing up watching the LBs that have come out of CU.

The disappointing thing is that he didn't point to Cabral as one of the big reasons to commit to CU. That's a little odd, growing up watching the LBs that have come out of CU.

He had mentioned Cabral in previous interviews. And coaching is important to him. It sounds like it's hurting Stanford that they don't even have a LB coach yet.

He had mentioned Cabral in previous interviews. And coaching is important to him. It sounds like it's hurting Stanford that they don't even have a LB coach yet.

:iagree:

... but Oregon is sending its head coach.
Chip Kelly on Wednesday; announcement on Thursday.
Hate to be a "half full" guy, but I'm not optimistic right now ... :huh:

:iagree:

... but Oregon is sending its head coach.
Chip Kelly on Wednesday; announcement on Thursday.
Hate to be a "half full" guy, but I'm not optimistic right now ... :huh:

I'm right where you are. I think Hawkins did an in-home at the end of last week before Joe went on his OV, so he can't do another in-home until like Friday (NCAA regs is 1 per week for a head coach, I think). Hawkins may get one last chance at him on Friday or Saturday even if he verbals someone else on Thursday.

I'm right where you are. I think Hawkins did an in-home at the end of last week before Joe went on his OV, so he can't do another in-home until like Friday (NCAA regs is 1 per week for a head coach, I think). Hawkins may get one last chance at him on Friday or Saturday even if he verbals someone else on Thursday.

I think head coaches only get one in home, period. Assistants can have more, but are limited to once a week... No more Hawk Love for Joe

New Rivals Article

What sold him on the Cardinal?

"My heart, the people, the football on the rise and the strength of the degree after I graduate," Hemschoot responded.

Back