What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 HI OT Kaiwi Crabb (Signed to Colorado)

Re: '10 HI OT Kaiwi Crabb

Find some light in a sad situation. Love the Polynesian players they play tough as nails and always get better. I truly believe they take it as a honor to play division 1 football and progress well . Kaiwi Crabb screams 10 year NFL lineman :slayer:

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Rivals article

"I'm going to Colorado," Crabb said. "I've been going out there since I was young, and I know a lot about the area. I've always liked it there and Colorado has a beautiful campus."

Crabb, a 6-foot-4, 272-pounder, also had offers from Washington, Arizona and Hawaii, but he said his recruiting trip to Colorado the weekend of the win over Texas A&M is the only trip he will make before the Feb. 3 signing day.

He said his goals at Colorado are to redshirt his first year to gain weight, compete for playing time as a redshirt freshman and become a starter by his sophomore year.

Welcome, Kaiwi - sounds like you know what Boulder is all about! Congrats! And way to go CABRAL!

Props also go to Denver Johnson on this one. It sounds like since he will be Crabb's position coach that he ended up being a co-recruiter and possibly in the lead on this one.

Most shocking commitment of the year.:smile:

Nice pickup out of Hawaii. No need to rely on him as a true freshman, so he can take his time developing.

Like the good news!! Sounds like he is very sure about his decision which is great to see and hear.

Nice addition for the Buffs. It's a smart move that he wants to redshirt (gain weight / accustom yourself to college football) , and it's also good to see that the kid had some other offers on the table.

In addition to linebacker play being the class of the Colorado Buffaloes, this is why we need to keep Brian Cabral on staff, as long as he'll have us.

Shaka!

Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Buffs, Mr. Crabb. Crabb cakes are the new pancake.

493421-krabs_super.jpg

Scout published an update on Crabb this morning:

http://colorado.scout.com/2/934716.html

"That's basically what did it for me was the coaching staff," Crabb said. "I really like Dan Hawkins. I really like my o-line coach Denver Johnson. He's a great guy, great coach. The linebackers coach is Brian Cabral and he's from Hawaii, and so I just felt really comfortable with the coaching staff. I felt like I was really going to fit in there.

"On top of that, it's a great school, great place, really beautiful and it kind of just all seemed to work for me."

Crabb's older brother, Kaione, lives in Golden and he has been making regular trips to the area to visit him for several years. He participated in several CU summer football camps during those trips and fell in love with the Boulder campus and the CU football program.

Nice! I'm surprised it took him this long, but hopefully he was just making sure he wanted to come to CU. So are we pretty much done with OL this year?

Nice! I'm surprised it took him this long, but hopefully he was just making sure he wanted to come to CU. So are we pretty much done with OL this year?

His big thing was making sure that Hawkins, Denver and Cabral would be back. If there were going to be changes, he was going to look around and only commit to CU if he felt he was able to quickly build a good relationship with the new guys.

Moving on...

It does sound like we're done with the o-line this cycle. I don't like only having 2 OL in a freshman class. Maybe they're thinking they'll supplement in 2 years with a JUCO or two after our huge junior OL class graduates.

Okay, I must have missed something. Where does it say that he will be the last OL recruit?

Oh, and welcome young mr Crabb. Now go kick some azzzz!!!!

Okay, I must have missed something. Where does it say that he will be the last OL recruit?

Oh, and welcome young mr Crabb. Now go kick some azzzz!!!!

Speculation in the Scout article on his commitment. Ringo said that we're probably done with OL. Take it fwiw along with internet speculation to the same effect.

Back