What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 NC RB Trea Jones (Signed to Colorado)

None reported. Notre Dame, Clemson, North Carolina, NC State and Virginia were all on him until he broke his ankle, though.

It definitely sounds like Clemson, UNC and NCSU were talking with him including lots of visits to home games etc. Then he broke the ankle and he was still without an offer. He talks about being ready this summer to compete for playing time. Certainly possible. If you watched this guys film, they ran a weird offense that you don't see at the college game much. Sort of reminds me of AirForce and Navy a bit in their formation but I didn't see them run the standard triple option out of it. Our man Jones lines up at this wingback position (like the wing-T but they have dual wingbacks, a TE, and a TB, with one wide out). He takes inside hand offs much like a RB would in a spread option and cuts them inside for most of his big plays. He looks like as good of an athlete as we've seen around here and probably can play either side of the ball as well.....

Rivals has Trea's commitment article up now (reports that Wake was on him, too):

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1041408

"I am still rehabbing the injury but I am off crutches. I am walking on it and it is getting a lot better. I am supposed to go back to see the doctor for a check up in two weeks."

How would Jones describe himself as a running back?

"I am stronger than most people think, I run with power and I run with finesse. I can make you miss or I can run through you," he said. "I have a quick burst and I have good speed in the open field."

Jones ran track as a sophomore. He clocked in at 10.9-seconds in the 100-meter dash.

Much better speed than I thought. That's a damn good 100 meter time for a sophomore in HS.

picture takin from the ralphie report
Trea with MVP Trophy
POY-TreaJones-144x217.jpg

man I dont give a **** who offered this kid.....welcome Trea to the B&G and get that ankle taken care of....GO BUFFS!!!!

:lol:

It's like our coaches tried doing a search of the Rivals database in order to find our RBs this cycle and only inputed "Jones" and "RB" in their search criteria. :smile2:

Perhaps they took the idea of keeping up with the Jones' too literally.

We got a steal? How much did we pay, 1/2 unicorn?

We didn't have to give him one of our best unicorns. His had a short horn and didn't really have the sparkle top quality unicorns should have.

Allowed us to save the top quality unicorns for some other recruits. I think that's going to be big in getting Munchie to sign. His unicorn is beautiful!! :thumbsup:

I just watched his video on page 1 and it was really good. Not sure what was there to not like, although the offense his team runs is really odd. It looks like he's faster than he is quick. He seems pretty powerful and isn't afraid of contact. Looks like he can read and follow his blocks pretty well. The play where he stiff arms two guys right to the ground and scores a TD was great. Maybe he doesn't play against good competition? Coaches don't think what he does in that offense translates well to college offenses? Can't catch the ball? Didn't see him doing anything other than taking handoffs, so maybe that is a concern.

Either way hopefully Trea or Tony can come in and contribute this summer because we really need them.

New Scout article on Trea (pronounced Trey):

Buffs land hard-nosed runner

By Kyle Ringo
Publisher
Posted Jan 20, 2010

The Colorado football program is in need of running back with a little size and attitude to gain the tough yards in short-yardage situations. The Buffs need a back who can run someone over. They might have found their man in North Carolina.

"I always finish runs," he said. "That's probably one of my strong points. I always finish my plays and finish my runs good."

He ran for 1,651 yards as a senior and scored 17 touchdowns. He was named player of the year in his conference.

"I think I run with a lot of power," he said. "I've got good break-away speed, but I think I can improve my speed. I always want to get faster. That's one thing I'm going to work on is getting a little bit faster."

Colorado began recruiting Jones last summer when his high school coach came to Boulder to work one of CU's summer camps, Jones said. His high school coach delivered film of the running back to CU coaches, who then began recruiting Jones. He is the 18th known commitment in the 2010 CU recruiting class.

Back