What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 NV OLB Evan Palelei (Signed to Navy)

Re: '10 NV LB Evan Palelei

The LB recruiting has been solid this season. Hope he did indeed commit, tapping into the Las Vegas market is only a good thing for the future.

Re: '10 NV LB Evan Palelei

Evan did not commit.

We're in the lead, though.

Re: '10 NV OLB Evan Palelei

Something is fishy here. He decommits from Stanford and tells nothing. He shows an offer from CU and Idaho? Obviously a smart kid, so the usual reason of qualifier-risk goes out the door. Plays for a big time program at Bishop Gorman... What is going on? He says above in Valdez's post he lost contact with Stanford (i.e. they cooled) and he's not sure if he still has an offer from UNLV...

either he committed to CU and isn't talking about it - thus there's no more visits or interest....

Or something else has happened to scare coaches away. Maybe even CU's offer?

This is very odd.

Yeah, something very weird with this whole situation. I doubt he ends up in Boulder to be honest.

He's slow playing us is the best I can tell. No way he goes to Idaho. But I think he'd like to see if he pulls another BCS offer before committing.

If he's serious, though, he needs to act fast. Our open linebacker spots could fill up considerably this weekend.

Maybe he's a secret commit? :huh:

There's also a chance we aren't accepting his commitment until we know about guys like Nigel Terrell. It's so hard to know for certain.

There's also a chance we aren't accepting his commitment until we know about guys like Nigel Terrell. It's so hard to know for certain.

Ummm, because we have so many commits we can't afford another one? :confused: I suppose you have to keep your position allocations close, but since we always undersign, this doesn't seem like it should be a problem.

This guy has gone off the face of the earth since decommitting to Stanford and visiting CU in late October. I can't imagine he did something really bad that hasn't been reported.

He must be a silent commit to either CU or UNLV and I'd be very surprised if he's not a CU commit. Williams may end up a DE or OLB. Harrington will have 2 years so that's a quick fix. At this point, a guy like Hemschoot is just too good of an athlete and they will take the best athletes available on signing day, so I can't see this being an either/or. I think Palelei is an ILB (listed by the services as OLB) and I think he's in for sure right now.

Back