What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 PA WR Justin Gorman (PWO to Colorado)

There are also some limitations that the NCAA puts on the number of players a school can allow full participation in team activities, etc. I am running strictly from memory but I think the number is 105. The players in this number, scholly or not, are allowed to participate fully in all team functions such as practices, official workout and conditioning, etc. players over this number are limited in many regards. This has not effected CU in the past as our numbers have not been this high but at places like Nebraska, Texas, some of the SEC schools, etc. they may have a number of walk-on players who are not allowed to start practice until a later date than the rest of the team, are limited in off-season contact with the S&C coach, may not participate in team meals, etc.

A prefered walk-on may be a part of and participate in any team activity as a full part of the team without paying for it unless it is considered a "benefit" such as training table, etc.

In this situation as an example, if a team goes to a bowl, the prefered walk-ons may recieve the bowl souveniers and participate in team bowl activities, the non-prefered may not.

All of this aside, for a school like CU it means that the player has been invited to participate with a promise of an opportunity to prove himself and earn a scholly, a non-prefered is essentially a kid who shows up and ask for a chance to make the team without having been invited and the coaches give him this opportunity (which they don't have to.) I think that CU actually has a try-out camp for these guys and selects a few each year to help provide bodies for the scout team.

In very rare instances a non-preffered will show enough ability to be moved up in status to preffered or even be given a scholly, rare enough that I can't think of any names right now.

Rivals has a new article up on Gorman's decision:

"I went to CU last year during spring practices and again in the summer and I came back to watch their game against Kansas and then took my official visit earlier this month. I just love it out there. Turning down an opportunity to get a degree from Pennsylvania's business school was hard but I feel good about my decision."

Read more...

Also an FYI for everyone: preferred walk ons do not sign Letters of Intent on February 3rd. He'll enroll after the end of the school year.

Gorman committed to Buffs

Scout is reporting this commitment. Sorry, I searched for a thread to post this in but came up empty. Is this a PWO?

Last edited:
Not case sensitive. I just did "gorman" and "GORMAN" and both returned this thread as the top result. Search does require you to match exactly though. I tried "gorm" and got no results. So if you mis-spelled at all you would have come up empty.

I guess I have to throw myself on my sword on this one - I just entered "gorman" in the white box upper right and hit enter. This returned no results before but now returns this thread and a bunch of others. - sigh -

Back