What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 TX MLB Anthony Beard (Signed to SMU)

Re: '10 TX MLB Anthony Beard

Just read a post by Adam over at Rivals. Premium article coming up soon, but the gist of it is that Beard fell in love with CU, we're his strong #1, he was tempted... but he's probably going to wait to commit.

come on son, pull the trigger!!

He's going to be a buff, just wants to take a few trips and enjoy the scenery.

:smile: Don't worry, be happy.

New story on Beard by Allen Wallace, National Recruiting Editor for Scout

Regards CU and his visit for the KU game:
“I really liked it up there,” Beard said. “I could definitely see myself going there.”
Full story (premium) Beautiful Boulder

He is hearing from a lot of schools, and isn't ready to commit, but was very positive overall about his visit and our chances. He did indicated that the "buffs are the team to beat."

According to Adam on Rivals, he's visiting SMU this weekend and will likely commit to them.

I believe it has more to do with him wanting to stay close to home or at least in Texas.

Could it be that SMU is a program headed in the right direction and CU is not ?

My first reaction was shock to lose him to SMU, of all programs, but they are 4-4 and 68 in the CBS top 120, where we come in at 86. They did lose to Wash St... (BTW, for grins, NU's Sun Belt 3-threesome are pretty tightly grouped at 103-106)

Then there is that whole Texas thing.

Also, June Jones is one of the best people working in football (truly one of the good guys). I can understand why parents would feel very good about their son staying close to home and being under Jones.

Re: '10 TX MLB Anthony Beard (Committed to SMU)

As expected, Beard committed to SMU after visiting this past weekend. It's where his parents wanted him to go so he'd be close to home.

Back