What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 TX S Zack Craig (Signed to Oklahoma State)

Re: '10 TX S Zack Craig (Committed to Colorado)

He was waiting on an offer from Okie Lite, but they already had a bunch of DB recruits, when that offer didn't come he turned to the Buffs.

He looks pretty good in his vids and if he's good enough for Greg Brown, he's good enough for me.

Okie Lite is different from Okie, though. I would think that with that kind of speed he'd be getting offers from UT. At the very least you'd think A&M and Tech would be all over the kid.

Just an observation, that's all. I'm glad he's going to be a Buff.

Sometimes there's a bit of reverse discrimination that goes on with white kids that play WR, RB or DB. Don't know if that was going on in this case. I'm just glad we got him.

Sometimes there's a bit of reverse discrimination that goes on with white kids that play WR, RB or DB. Don't know if that was going on in this case. I'm just glad we got him.

:yeahthat:
I have noticed this and brought it up with friends in the recent years. I get written off as a rascist everytime. I'm glad other people are recognizing it.

Jimmy the Greek and Al Campanis both got fired for making racial observations. It's a dangerous business when you're in the public eye - here, not so much.

Jimmy the Greek and Al Campanis both got fired for making racial observations. It's a dangerous business when you're in the public eye - here, not so much.

Don't forget Fisher DeBerry. He didn't get fired but that was basically the end of him.

How does a kid with that kind of speed not get recruited by everybody? I wonder if his speed is exaggerated somewhat.

Zach Craig - 38.99 300 meter hurdles this past spring

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...2009_High_School_Track_and_Field_Leaders.html

Ray Polk - 37.38 300 meter hurdles

http://www.directathletics.com/results/track/6681_406452.html

Also, in the 110 meter hurdles, Zach Craig ran a 15.38 this past spring (Unsure if that is his top time).

In the hurdles, Smithson Valley swept the 110-meter competition with Zach Craig (15.38) taking first, Cowart (15.43) in second and Ryan Rios (16.01) rounding out the top three.

http://herald-zeitung.com/story.las...on=HeraldZeitung:42F944A8141852EA44mGu3C1BB0E

Ray's time in the 110 meter hurdles: 13.79

Last edited:

Zach Craig - 38.99 300 meter hurdles this past spring

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/...2009_High_School_Track_and_Field_Leaders.html

Ray Polk - 37.38 300 meter hurdles

http://www.directathletics.com/results/track/6681_406452.html

Also, in the 110 meter hurdles, Zach Craig ran a 15.38 this past spring (Unsure if that is his top time).

In the hurdles, Smithson Valley swept the 110-meter competition with Zach Craig (15.38) taking first, Cowart (15.43) in second and Ryan Rios (16.01) rounding out the top three.

http://herald-zeitung.com/story.las...on=HeraldZeitung:42F944A8141852EA44mGu3C1BB0E

Ray's time in the 110 meter hurdles: 13.79

Makes you feel pretty good about Ray Polk roaming around the secondary this year, doesn't it.

Texas and Okie are probably close to having their '10 class filled out already. Looks like that trend won't end soon so that works in the Buffs' favor that guys who get overlooked or come along later will find few schollies available in the fall at the power programs, limiting their interest in taking an official visit there during the home stretch of recruiting. Really like Zack's interest in CU and CSU of all places. It shows me he was really interested in going to school in Colorado, so with a little luck we won't have another case of homesickness and transferring here.

Craig mentioned he talked to 3 coaches and all 3 wanted him to assure them he was 100% in on the commitment. It's become clear that the coaches don't push hard for the kids to commit using tactics such as "this deal is only good for today and tomorrow". They in fact want kids to be full and done with their trips etc. We've had very few de-commits here in the last few years.

NU just had their 2nd decommit and they have 5 commits as well...
http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2009/08/30/4a9b1fc12e8a8

those time are pretty damn fast, I was a hurdler so Im pretty famailiar. nice not 1 but 2 and we need speed.

We need to keep bringing in more Texas talent if we are to contend in the Big 12.

Smithson Valley gets on track, drops Judson

By Pat Turner - Special to the Express-News

Everything seems to be back to normal at Smithson Valley.

A week after sputtering through an opening loss to Wagner, the Rangers made a full recovery by blending a well-executed offense with a stout defense in rolling to a 28-13 victory over Judson on Friday night at Rutledge Stadium.

Offensively, Smithson Valley totaled 330 yards, with running back Robbie Mecke providing many of the highlights with 121 yards and two touchdowns on 21 carries.
Defensively, steady play from Alex Rubin, Luke Hyde, Zach Craig, Logan Russell and Brennan Crutcher enabled the Rangers to hold Judson (1-1) to just 145 yards of offense.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/Smithson_Valley_gets_on_track_drops_Judson.html

LSG Preview — Smithson Valley Rangers
July 30, 2009

Team: Smithson Valley Rangers
District: 26-5A
Coach: Larry Hill (16 years) 166-45 at Smithson Valley (#1 all time wins in Smithson Valley history); 176-56 overall
Last Years Record: 13-2 overall 7-1 Distirct

2008 Games:

vs Converse Wagner (6-5) (W 42-20)
vs Converse Judson (8-3) (W 23-13)
at *San Antonio Reagan (11-3) (L 7-10)
vs *New Braunfels (6-4) (W 20-7)
at *San Antonio Johnson (1-9) (W 42-7)
vs *San Antonio MacArthur (5-5) (W 30-7)
at *San Antonio Madison (9-3) (W 31-21)
vs *San Antonio Churchill (2-8) (W 34-13)
at *San Antonio Lee (2-8) (W 35-21)
vs *San Antonio Roosevelt (7-4) (W 24-7)

Playoffs:
Division II Semifinals
Won 14-7 vs Pflugerville (8-3) — bi-District
Won 38-14 vs San Antonio O’Connor (8-4) — Area
Won 30-14 vs San Antonio Southwest (9-4)– Regionals
Won 19-14 vs San Antonio Reagan (11-3) — QuarterFinals
To hear the audio from the Smithson Valley vs. San Antonio Reagan game go to:
http://www.lonestargridiron.com/2008/12/06/120508-bonus-smithson-valley-vs-san-antonio-regan
Lost 19-41 vs Katy (13-3) — SemiFinals
LIVE blog: Katy vs. Smithson Valley @ Rice University
http://www.lonestargridiron.com/2008/12/13/live-blogging-katy-vs-smithson-valley

Returning Lettermen:
Returning Starters: Offense: 3 Defense: 3
Key Players:
RB Robbie Mecke 610 yards 8 TDs rushing
WR JR Matt Hilston 33-341 yards 3 TDs receiving
LB Alex Rubin 107 tackles
LB Luke Hyde 64 tackles
CB Zack Craig 83 tackles 4 INTs

Notes:

Year in, year out, Smithson Valley is one of the most solidy coached teams in the state. They dont make mistakes. This year they do not have a lot of starters coming back but the defense will be solid. With that being said….it will be another 10+ win season for the Rangers. It will be a tough battle for the district 26-5A title with San Antonio Madison. Look for them to go 8-2 or 9-1 in the regular season and they will be a tough out again in the playoffs. I would expect at least a quarterfinal appearance.

History:

13 consecutive winning seasons
12 consecutive 9+ wins in season
10 of the last 12 years they have been in the regional championship game
Head Coach Larry Hill graduated from East Central in 1979 and was a ball boy when he was growing up there.
Playoff Appearances (14) 1994,96,97,98,99,2000,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08

Championship History:
Smithson Valley (3) 0-3
2001 4A Division I - Denton Ryan 42, Smithson Valley 35 - OT
2002 5A Division II - Southlake Carroll 45, Smithson Valley 14
2004 5A Division II - Southlake Carroll 27, Smithson Valley 24

Last 5 year record:
60-11
Last 10 year record: 121-19

Has reportedly switched his commitment to OSU.

As in Okie State? That is disappointing. I can't say whether I konw this kid will be any good or not at the college level, but it always stinks to have a kid commit and then bail...gee, I wonder why?

As in Okie State? That is disappointing. I can't say whether I konw this kid will be any good or not at the college level, but it always stinks to have a kid commit and then bail...gee, I wonder why?

Because OSU is his dream school.

Wow, that was fast. We had him for what, a week? I guess these things happen I just hope it's not the canary in the coal mine.

Wow. He is gonna be a 4th generation Cowboy... Can't blame him. GL Zack

:huh: Things are going in the right direction?

Folks, this has nothing to do with CU and everything to do with OSU. He got his dream school offer. Sucks to lose him but this is no shock to me. I'm just glad he didn't go rammin.

Re: '10 TX S Zack Craig (Committed to Oklahoma State)

That sucks.

Folks, this has nothing to do with CU and everything to do with OSU. He got his dream school offer. Sucks to lose him but this is no shock to me. I'm just glad he didn't go rammin.

I'm sure the game didn't help, but this is 99% of it. If OSU had offered him a scholarship right before signing day in Feb and the Buffs had gone 12-0 it likely would've been the same story.

OK, so who will out next commit be?

I believe we will get both Jered Bell and Anthony Beard this month.

Stanford pulled in another top OL prospect, so our chances of getting Dillon Bonnell may have also gotten a bit better.

Back