What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 TX SF Andre Roberson (Signed to Colorado)

I think Andre is a great pick up for the Buffs, but no he isnt the Big guy we are looking for. He is going to be a good fix for Higgins, Relphorde, and possibly Burks leaving after next year. You will probably see him getting a few minutes next year, but really taking off after his sophmore year, this is a good pickup for the future of the program, not just a quick fix.

With the recent (and long term) history of this program we can't afford to be picky. Would I like to see a 6'11" 245lb guy who can run coming in? Absolutely. Those guys are not exactly in abundance right now for schools that haven't sniffed the tourney in recent years. Lacking that we need to bring in quality players at the other positions who can and will play hard on both ends of the floor and give us a chance to compete. The current roster is a step forward compared to what we had in recent years, bring in quality guards and wing players and it gets easier to recruit quality big men. What we can't afford is a seven footer who spends four years watching from the bench because he can't play.

The one thing I disagree on is his impact next year. If he is capable and willing to play tough defense I can see him being an important part of the rotation next year.

Rivals has now rated Roberson as a 3* prospect.

ESPN has added a profile of Roberson. They've graded him out as an 89, at the top of the "High Major" scale.

:thumbsup:

Welcome, young man! Interesting how the 3 recruiting services are all over the board on this guy. espin has him on the verge of being an immediate impact player, rivals has him rated as a solid 3 (contributor), and scout has no ranking.

I like the length and athleticism. He's gonna be a beast when he fills out.

I thought that CU asst coach Tom Abatemarco (who Bdzelik just brought on board in March) kept up the recruiting when BZ left, and Abatemarco and Doyle sealed the deal with Andre.
Something like that.

Welcome, young man! Interesting how the 3 recruiting services are all over the board on this guy. espin has him on the verge of being an immediate impact player, rivals has him rated as a solid 3 (contributor), and scout has no ranking. I like the length and athleticism. He's gonna be a beast when he fills out.
this year?

This thread can never get bumped enough. Always good for a reminiscing laugh.
Reminds us how bad our talent evaluation is based on scouting information.

I just read the entire thread again. What a great pickup this kid is. What does everyone think of his defense in the post?

There is some irony on the first page of this thread:

Reported Offers: Colorado, Clemson, Penn State, Tulsa, UNLV, Wichita State

in that we ended up playing both Wichita State and UNLV. And, of course, I can't even imagine what would be going through his mind right now if he had chosen to go to Happy Valley.

Back