What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 WI C Ben Mills (Signed to Colorado)

Great get. But realistically doesn't the kid need a redshirt year to eat meatloaf?

Kid is pretty skinny but when was the last time we had a legit 7 footer here? Ideally he redshirts but If he can contribute as a role player off the bench to some wins, that works too.

Kid is pretty skinny but when was the last time we had a legit 7 footer here? Ideally he redshirts but If he can contribute as a role player off the bench to some wins, that works too.

Sean Kowal has avg. 10 and 6 each of the last two years for Rico at UNI. Mac's not a bad league. i have to believe SK would have helped us the last couple years seeing as how we had zero inside presence. Mark Van Burck is on the Cornell roster that beat #1 Kentucky. not saying one thing or another, but hey.

just to play Devil's Advocate: how many legit 7 footers has Missouri or KSU had recently. they've both been in the Elite 8. I throw out Kansas since they've got that big, anvil-headed frankensteinish tradition in the post with Dreiling, Ostertag, Cole Aldrich.

on Mills: sounds good, and we sure to finally fill out a 12 man roster with D-1 players...and I like that Boyle is getting results. but, if this kid is another Caleb Patterson...then, not so good.

I hope we're not jumping the gun here. Rivals doesn't list him as a commit anymore

Here's some video of Mills from the state championship game: http://host.madison.com/sports/high-school/basketball/article_4d5ab040-32e0-11df-a0ac-001cc4c03286.html?mode=video&type=1&vid=1#videos

He can score with either hand around the basket, gets up and down the court well for a big man, and seems to have good timing on his jumps (rebounding and shot blocking). Basically, good tools in place that Boyle and company can develop while they get him on a training regimen to increase his strength. Given how young he looks, he may still be developing (growing? looks like he added an inch to get to 7'1"), so adding weight may be difficult for him. But there's no reason he can't make some big gains in the weight room between now and the start of next season. iirc, I added about 60 lbs to my bench max during that period before freshmen reported for football.

Needs a redshirt season, but he's a skilled big man and will be a big contributor down the line. I subscribe to a midwest basketball service, and he's been on the radar for two years now. He made a big jump between his junior and senior seasons offensively, and has the drive to continue to improve. He needs to add 40 pounds before he hits the court in the Big XII (or PAC) or he'll get killed out there.

Want to see this guy compete at at least 240. Hope the gain doesn't affect his jumping ability because he looks like a solid shot blocker but with some added mass and the right attitude hopefully he develops into the nasty rebounding presence we so desperately need.

Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel: Arrowhead star Ben Mills settles on Colorado

mjs-wiaa21_spt_-sieu_-22-wiaa21.jpg

"I think it's a good situation for him," Arrowhead coach Craig Haase said. "They were excited about Ben and he'll be able to play in the Big 12, a great conference."

Mills chose the Buffaloes after making official visits this spring to Colorado, Georgia Tech and Oregon State. He also had offers from Iowa State, Northwestern, Utah State, Bradley, UW-Green Bay, Toledo and Xavier.

Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel: Arrowhead star Ben Mills settles on Colorado

mjs-wiaa21_spt_-sieu_-22-wiaa21.jpg

"I think it's a good situation for him," Arrowhead coach Craig Haase said. "They were excited about Ben and he'll be able to play in the Big 12, a great conference."

Mills chose the Buffaloes after making official visits this spring to Colorado, Georgia Tech and Oregon State. He also had offers from Iowa State, Northwestern, Utah State, Bradley, UW-Green Bay, Toledo and Xavier.

I like this photo because of the emotion and energy that transforms his face into a young man, since the official shots all have him looking so young.
Mills' commitment gives me a lot of hope for Boyle's tenure, he sure did better finishing recruiting this season than I expected with so little time left.

I don't think he redshirts. I think Boyle gets him in here this Summer and puts him on a serious training regimen. We need big men and we need them now. No time to waste.

im 99% sure i saw him at taco bell on baseline last night... kid is tall and has an amazing wing span... however hes as skinny as a stripper pole

Back