What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CA K Will Oliver (Signed to Colorado)

If you put out a video of hitting 60 yarders in pregame is missing a 54 yarder forgivable? If your range is 50 and you miss a 54 thats forgivable.

That's just ridiculous. Crosby had a range out to 70 or so. Yet he missed several from 50+. Is that unforgivable as well?

That's just ridiculous. Crosby had a range out to 70 or so. Yet he missed several from 50+. Is that unforgivable as well?
why is that ridiculous? If your range is only 50, is missing a 30 yarder unforgivable? It was just a question, relax.

Hopefully we're not needing to kick too many 50-60 yard field goals. Glad to have this young fella on board, though. Welcome to the Buffs!

Okay i see they have changed the format, now there is writing portion involved in the SAT, the old days the full score was 1600, now it is 2400.

Will Oliver must get used to the idea that kicking is not just legendary at CU; it's the force that binds the universe/university together.

451350d59a7a9-89-1.jpg
masoncrosby.jpg

There are some big boots to fill.

I like what i see, smart kid 1980 SAT score, that can get you into most schools, strong leg. Mason Crosby was also a NR K coming out of HIgh School, hopefully Will Oliver can follow in his footsteps.

Welcome aboard Will Oliver! Here's to many moments of held breath followed by unbelievable celebration during your CU career.

Will's visiting Boulder this weekend - the more guys at once, the more fun it should be.
I think we are expecting 5-6 visitors --- and there can always be surprises on the last weekend before signing day.

Decent weather predicted, I believe. High of 56 and partly cloudy.

Love this. Love it. Love it.

We've lost too many games over the years due to poor field position and special teams play. I'd love to have a long snapper as good as Drescher was as well. That's difficult to find, but worthy of a scholly. People forget that when we had Crosby he:

During college, Crosby developed a reputation for kicking in the clutch, making 12 of 13 field goals in the fourth quarter, and a perfect 10-10 in the final 8½ minutes of games. This bent was most evident when Crosby played rival Colorado State University, against which Crosby made kicks of 55 (2004), 48, and 47 yards (2005) in consecutive years to win the Rocky Mountain Showdown.[citation needed]

Henery at NU won them the game against us a few years back with a fg prayer. He was clutch as well. This position is too undervalued to not try and get the best guys, especially when a lot of teams only ask players to walk-on and have the opportunity for a scholarship.

Love this. Love it. Love it.

We've lost too many games over the years due to poor field position and special teams play. I'd love to have a long snapper as good as Drescher was as well. That's difficult to find, but worthy of a scholly.

Well, there's THIS GUY. Every bit as good as "Drescher."

or ask Colorado.... we've had awful kickers since Crosby (although Eberhart wasn't half bad)... I still haven't been able to comprehend why we haven't been able to get a stud in here since Mason graduated. I mean, he's a special talent, but kicking at mile high isn't going to hurt things at all. If I was a kicker, I would love kicking up here or even Wyo, which is 2000 ft higher than Boulder. But between Laramie and Boulder there is no comparison.

Glad to have Mr. Oliver on board! Hopefully we will see your name on that wall of fame beside Mason's in a few short years!

I still haven't been able to comprehend why we haven't been able to get a stud in here since Mason graduated.

All you need to do in order to understand why we haven't had a good kicker here since Mason left is look at who the head coach was. Hawkins flat out didn't care about the kicking game. He was too busy setting up special teams clinics for the Riddler to run.

Back