What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 CO WR Rayshon Williams (Verbal to UCF)

I think that the chances of him staying and signing at CU are very slim. You can never tell exactly what a HS kid is going to do but with Brandon in Miami and his family ties I see him returning to Fla.

The one chance we would really have with him is if he decided to stay because of a relationship built with the coaching staff. This is unlikely to happen because unless the team makes a major turnaround on the field Hawk and Co. are going to be gone and the new staff will not have time to build that relationship. At the same time with the limited number of schollies available and the young talent we have at WR I think that Williams will be more of a want to have than a have to have type of guy.

Rayshon Williams

Whats the word on this kid. He has to be down to atleast a top 3 by now. We need to get a better pipeline going to Mullen HS than we have in the past as far as getting more than maybe one commit out of there a year. We gotta secure more commitments out of that school a year or two in advance before those kids have a chance to think of any other College. We can't afford to not be getting the best talent in our state anymore. Not in this league.

Whats the word on this kid. He has to be down to atleast a top 3 by now. We need to get a better pipeline going to Mullen HS than we have in the past as far as getting more than maybe one commit out of there a year. We gotta secure more commitments out of that school a year or two in advance before those kids have a chance to think of any other College. We can't afford to not be getting the best talent in our state anymore. Not in this league.

not a chance...

Rayshon isn't from Colorado. He just stayed with his uncle (Brandon Marshall) while he was with the Broncos. Williams nearly left the state to play his senior year in Florida after Marshall was traded, but decided at the last minute to finish up at Mullen. Word is that he's a UCF lock, even though he hasn't announced.

Neither Rayshon Williams nor Adonis Ameen-Moore were ever coming here... and that is fine by me.

Neither Rayshon Williams nor Adonis Ameen-Moore were ever coming here... and that is fine by me.

Yes, because our current group of recruits are night & day better :rolling_eyes:......granted we didn't have a shot at Rayshon, just don't think you phrased that very well

Yes, because our current group of recruits are night & day better :rolling_eyes:......granted we didn't have a shot at Rayshon, just don't think you phrased that very well

I don't think that is BB's point. I think his point is that neither of these guys were going to stay in state, so why waste time, energy, and resources trying to get blood out of a turnip?

If we close at WR with Devin Lucien and Michael Thomas to go along with Spruce, I do think that is better than Rayshon Williams. I have already made my thoughts known on Ameen-Moore plenty of times.

If we do not get Willingham, that will be the big loss. If we do get him though, we got the two best Mullen players this year.

If we close at WR with Devin Lucien and Michael Thomas to go along with Spruce, I do think that is better than Rayshon Williams. I have already made my thoughts known on Ameen-Moore plenty of times.

If we do not get Willingham, that will be the big loss. If we do get him though, we got the two best Mullen players this year.

Agreed on all points, including my opinions of AAM being a bit different....just a lot of real big "IF's" right now.....hopefully the chips start to fall our way

Rayshon Williams has committed to play for UCF.

Orlando says so.
Receiver Rayshon Williams (6-1, 190), who is from Mullen High in Denver, Colo., is following in his cousin's footsteps and is headed to UCF.
Williams confirmed via Facebook that he committed to UCF Sunday.
He is a legacy for the Knights. His cousin is former UCF star Brandon Marshall, who is now a receiver with the Miami Dolphins

Thomas? Is he the back-up plan to lucien after signing day?

Rayshon Williams has committed to play for UCF.

shocked.jpg

im stunned

Good for him. That's a nice program down there. I am surprised he waited so long to commit, though.

Back