What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 JC SF Jeremy Adams (Signed to Colorado)

no offense meant, just asking. don't know alot bout colorado but u will have to admit the bball history is not the same as ucla, usc, bama, seton hall for example, all have made deep tourney runs in their history. n utah st was a top 25 team this year. hey more power to ya. i have been educated and have new respect for the program.

None taken. We don't have a national rep in basketball and Mississippi isn't our normal recruiting grounds. Completely fair and honest questions.

As stated, there's a lot of excitement around our program right now. I think that our move to the Pac-12 is also helping that. It plays into the "new era of CU basketball" thing along with the new coach, season that got national attention this year, a likelihood of having our first 1st round NBA pick since Chauncey Billups, setting new attendance records this season, and being about to complete a pretty impressive new practice facility.

Rivals has a new article up on Adams' commitment:

Adams said he plans to be on campus and enrolled in school for the summer sessions.

"I want to get to know the school, the town and the players," Adams said. "I want to get there and work really hard and get ready for the start of practice in the fall."

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1203730

Hey Nik, small correction. David harrison was our last #1 2004 to the pacers. I think Alex makes a bigger splash.

Adams said he plans to be on campus and enrolled in school for the summer sessions.

"I want to get to know the school, the town and the players," Adams said. "I want to get there and work really hard and get ready for the start of practice in the fall."

nice. we need him ready to roll on day 1.

Originally Posted by Buffnik

is it possible for you to copy and paste that article? i don't have access

corsicana,

I wish I could, but anything beyond a teaser is copyright infringement. I push it as much as I can. And part of the deal for why Rivals and Scout don't complain about us utilizing so much of their material is that we respect that they have premium content and actually drive traffic/membership for them by the way we handle things.

P.S. I absolutely love the way interest in basketball and basketball recruiting has picked up. I'm glad you signed up to add to it. Good times.

i understand. that makes sense. i wish i could read it. this is a fascinating story to me. colorado goes against ucla, usc, etc. and now i heard that georgetown offered out of high school. where do you see this program going. can the success continue. obviously you guys out there know something the rest of us dont

Boyle has shown he's not afraid to compete, whether that's on the court or the recruiting trail. We're starting to beat teams on both that people wouldn't normally expect. Momentum's definitely building. We've still got a ways to go before the majority of our recruits are Top 150 prospects and the NCAA tourney becomes a yearly expectation. But I'm hopeful and believe that's the trajectory we're on. Call me crazy. :smile2:

Boyle has shown he's not afraid to compete, whether that's on the court or the recruiting trail. We're starting to beat teams on both that people wouldn't normally expect. Momentum's definitely building. We've still got a ways to go before the majority of our recruits are Top 150 prospects and the NCAA tourney becomes a yearly expectation. But I'm hopeful and believe that's the trajectory we're on. Call me crazy. :smile2:

If you don't ask, you never know the answer. Boyle is willing to aim to high which we have seen some other coaches in Boulder not do. Sure he is going to get turned down a lot, especially at the beginning but we have already seen some top guys look at CU as a fallback situation which is way ahead of where we could be.

The combination of the success we are having on the court and the buzz it is generating along with the fun style of ball that Tad coaches and the fact that his players seem to genuinely like playing for him and being part of the team will all eventually draw higher quality recruits. Tad has the resume to have credibility and with his stops as an assistant, his success in greeley and now his success at CU he has the credentials to get players and HS coaches to listen to him. We may hit some bumps in the road but I think we have the right guy to make CU basketball a consistent winner.

we survive next year with momentum and watch out world. Even beebe won't be able to keep us out of hte tourney.

i understand. that makes sense. i wish i could read it. this is a fascinating story to me. colorado goes against ucla, usc, etc. and now i heard that georgetown offered out of high school. where do you see this program going. can the success continue. obviously you guys out there know something the rest of us dont

It could be the weed talking, but I think this guy is an AD plant.

None taken. We don't have a national rep in basketball and Mississippi isn't our normal recruiting grounds. Completely fair and honest questions.

As stated, there's a lot of excitement around our program right now. I think that our move to the Pac-12 is also helping that. It plays into the "new era of CU basketball" thing along with the new coach, season that got national attention this year, a likelihood of having our first 1st round NBA pick since Chauncey Billups, setting new attendance records this season, and being about to complete a pretty impressive new practice facility.

David Harrison would like to have a word with you.

Happy to have Adams but concerned that he only averaged 12 PPG at the juco level. Anyone know how the level of competition at a juco compares to D-1?

navarro college coach johnny estelle has a system that plays 9 to 10 guys every night and 3 to 4 of thse guys are guard types. no one guy got huge minutes jeremy was the leading scorer before an injury had him missing the last 6 or 7 games. the second leading scorer greg allen is going to usc. generally speaking juco is not going to be anywhere like d1 overall, you will find a few super players on most every roster. but this is the toughtest juco league in the country. last year navarro was a final four team and 2 yrs ago an elite 8 team. so this is one of the best programs in one of the best juco leagues in the country with 2 of the best players- one going to usc and one to cu

Last edited:
navarro college coach johnny estelle has a system that plays 9 to 10 guys every night and 3 to 4 of thse guys are guard types. no one guy got huge minutes jeremy was the leading scorer before an injury had him missing the last 6 or 7 games. the second leading scorer greg allen is going to usc. generally speaking juco is not going to be anywhere like d1 overall, you will find a few super players on most every roster. but this is the toughtest juco league in the country. last year navarro was a final four team and 2 yrs ago an elite 8 team. so this is one of the best programs in one of the best juco leagues in the country with 2 of the best players- one going to usc and one to cu

Thanks for the info.

As long as he plays defense, sets screens, and rebounds he'll do just fine in Boyle's system.

New Scout Article on Jeremy Adams

Gut feeling made Adams a Buff
premium.gif
919134.jpg

By Kyle Ringo
Publisher
Posted Mar 30, 2011

Read More Here

Last edited by a moderator:
well the best thing I found in the article if the fact that the style of play that we use drew him to Boulder. I think that this is going to be a big selling point. I think a lot of athletic players would prefer to play in a high scoring offense. I would rather play on a team that averages in the 80s versus the 60s. Your ppg, apg, and rpg will all be higher due to those extra possessions and that can me higher conference accolades and possibly a shot at the pros.

I'm really excited to see him play. Carlon Brown is good, but he seems more like the slasher type. I'm not convinced his overall game can open up the game for others. If Adams can provide another good wing option though, they could really work well together.

Goose bumped Carlon, so I figure we ought to bump this as well. Has there been any word as to how his game is. Is Adams going to be impact for us this year?

Goose bumped Carlon, so I figure we ought to bump this as well. Has there been any word as to how his game is. Is Adams going to be impact for us this year?
I remember a report out of practice saying he was doing good things. We better hope he does.

Back