What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 NC ATH Jermaine Clark (Signed to Colorado)

We graduated 13 from last year's team. That's where that number came from.

Ringo is wrong on his available scholarship count.

We seem like we are loading up at LB. Is there some specific attrition expected here? If one were to read Rippy's Tweets you'd think he long ago left for Jupiter....

We only took 1 linebacker last year even though we wanted 2 or 3. So we're making up for that a bit. Also, Embree understands that the best way to improve your special teams is to have a lot of athletic linebackers and defensive backs on the depth chart.

We only took 1 linebacker last year even though we wanted 2 or 3. So we're making up for that a bit. Also, Embree understands that the best way to improve your special teams is to have a lot of athletic linebackers and defensive backs on the depth chart.

We actually took 2 linebackers last year, Harrington and Williams. I too dont understand why we are adding 4 and maybe 5 linebackers this class when our biggest need is corner and were losing 3 dt's after this year. You take Willingham because of the talent but Clark does not seem like anything special. Either way Embree knows a lot more about football then I do so i'll give hime the benifit of the doubt.

We actually took 2 linebackers last year, Harrington and Williams. I too dont understand why we are adding 4 and maybe 5 linebackers this class when our biggest need is corner and were losing 3 dt's after this year. You take Willingham because of the talent but Clark does not seem like anything special. Either way Embree knows a lot more about football then I do so i'll give hime the benifit of the doubt.

I meant freshmen, but yes.

I haven't seen enough video on Clark to make much of an evaluation. I need to look more closely at the film Rivals has on him. At first glance, he did look like a very smooth athlete with good feet & hips.

Woot!!!
:dance5::dance5::dance4:
:gobuffs::gobuffs::gobuffs:
:dance::dance::dance::dance:

FWIW, I don't mind signing people in this class that are over 6 feet, over 200 pounds and can run. We'll have all next year to get guys that are over 6 feet, and over 300 pounds. If we can get people in here to increase size and speed, we'll find them places to play.

This is different from our previous regime, where we would find big guys to sit on the bench and learn the super complicated 3 plays in their grouping, and little guys who worked hard in practice would go play for the other 96% of the game.

Woot!!!

FWIW, I don't mind signing people in this class that are over 6 feet, over 200 pounds and can run. We'll have all next year to get guys that are over 6 feet, and over 300 pounds. If we can get people in here to increase size and speed, we'll find them places to play.

This is different from our previous regime, where we would find big guys to sit on the bench and learn the super complicated 3 plays in their grouping, and little guys who worked hard in practice would go play for the other 96% of the game.
Agreed. I don't know why, but I have a suspicion that this kid really surprises a lot of people on the field.

Woot!!!

Agree! As much speed as we can haul in. Size added to speed is something we are lacking. And did I mention speed! Welcome to the Buff Family!

Back