What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'11 TX RB Dustin Garrison (Signed to West Virginia)

Lots of similarities with Speedy. He has some skills that are difficults to teach -- good vision, strong cuts, good burst; and other skills that display good coaching -- switching to ball to the outside hand, dropping the shoulder at the right time, catching with his hands.

I may be wrong but I'm not sure that his speed and quickness will equate to D1 level against top athletes. If this is true, given his size, durability might be an issue. jmho

I do like the way he plays, and it does seem unusual that he doesn't have any offers, even from smaller schools. Red flag? Not sure, but it does make you wonder.

Size is an issue but he is certainly worth a look for a team that has a severe lack of speed and game breakers. He may never be an every down player but if he can contribute some plays as a situational guy and give us a real threat (finally) as a punt and KO returner he is worth considering. Give his a couple of years in the weight room and he may develop into a more physical guy as well.

If anyone understands that height is not a requirement to be effective in college football it should be Bienemy.

Another factor is playing for one of the best teams in Texas he might be a way to get the ear of other guys on the team or from the area who are following him in future classes.

I watched that game against Euless, he is a player. Not real big but knows and plays the game well. It's not like he was playing against scrubs in Euless, alot of that team will go d1.

The guy can easily add 20lbs of muscle to his frame and shouldn't lose any speed with a good S&C. 180-185 is where I'd want him at. I've always said the same for Speedy too. It just helps you breaks tackles a bit more.

If this guy is as strong as Speedy in the weight room it might be a good offer. Even if he doesn't come here I hope he gets an offer. The guy is a football player.

I wanted a bigger RB this cycle, but this guy looks pretty good. Reminds me more of LaMichael James than Speedy. If EB deems him worthy of a scholarship, I think we'd be lucky to have him. Hell maybe by some miracle we could get him to walk on even? Doesn't seem likely though, since he said he had a few offers now.

By the way, 2,700 yards and over 40 scores this season? On a competitive Texas team? That's impressive no matter how you slice it.

Apparently he's now gotten calls from several D1 schools including Oklahoma, Oregon State, and Colorado.

From his head coach: “Someone is going to get a heck of a back come signing day. That is the problem with all the early recruiting. Dustin gets overlooked and programs miss out on a kid that was banged up as a junior.

By the way, 2,700 yards and over 40 scores this season? On a competitive Texas team? That's impressive no matter how you slice it.

Apparently he's now gotten calls from several D1 schools including Oklahoma, Oregon State, and Colorado.

From his head coach: “Someone is going to get a heck of a back come signing day. That is the problem with all the early recruiting. Dustin gets overlooked and programs miss out on a kid that was banged up as a junior.”

So you're saying firing that guy late in the season, and failing at early recruiting as a result, put us in the perfect position to snap up some guys (like Forest West in 2009) who fell off the radar. I'll buy it.

Hey gang, first time/long time and really enjoy the discussion here. It's clear that this kid is a gamer and has expressed some interest in CU, but do we know if our staff is even giving him a look at this point? Notwithstanding the size issue, I hadn't really thought of TB as being a real position of need for this team. Granted, it's not like we have a stable full of Adrian Peterson's, but we do seem to have more bodies than we have carries with only Speedy and B-Lock due to move on after the season.

Hey gang, first time/long time and really enjoy the discussion here. It's clear that this kid is a gamer and has expressed some interest in CU, but do we know if our staff is even giving him a look at this point? Notwithstanding the size issue, I hadn't really thought of TB as being a real position of need for this team. Granted, it's not like we have a stable full of Adrian Peterson's, but we do seem to have more bodies than we have carries with only Speedy and B-Lock due to move on after the season.

We don't know that Garrison has an offer from CU (as far as I know from reading what I can find out there in the media) - if he did, it sounds like he would have committed already. But as far as recruit profiles go, when there's a kid out there who shows some talent and expresses an interest in CU, we usually add him to the recruit list and open it for discussion. If we limited this to kids we knew had offers, there wouldn't be much to discuss.

And sometimes, we end up being right: these under-the-radar guys become buffs. Not all the time, but often enough to want to play recruit roulette on the board and try to figure out which long-shot is going to be the next Rodney Stewart.

I can dig it, and I tend to agree with his coach that some team will end up with a good football player, but was just hopeful that maybe an official visit was imminent. I suppose only time will tell.

I can dig it, and I tend to agree with his coach that some team will end up with a good football player, but was just hopeful that maybe an official visit was imminent. I suppose only time will tell.

Well, none this weekend, but CU expects to do a bang-up business in official visits the next three weekends. After that, it's signing day.
Buckle up, this ride may go pretty fast the next three weeks.

MTc4MzY3
volcano-o.gif

Committed to West Virginia.

I know that we didn't really need a RB this year since we redshirted 3 of them last year. I also realize that if we do recruit one, the need is for a big back to complement what we already have on the roster. But I'm afraid that we'll look back on Garrrison as "the one who got away".

Committed to West Virginia.

I know that we didn't really need a RB this year since we redshirted 3 of them last year. I also realize that if we do recruit one, the need is for a big back to complement what we already have on the roster. But I'm afraid that we'll look back on Garrrison as "the one who got away".

agree 100%.

Playing as a true freshman for West Virginia and led them in carries on Saturday against LSU. For the season he's averaging 5.0 yards per rush has scored 2 TD's and caught 9 passes. The best player on the best highschool team in Texas basically "recruits himself" to CU and we didn't even reciprocate with any interest. All we had to do was offer and he would have in all likelihood ended up a Buff. I'm not saying that he's a future all-american but he is starting at RB for a ranked team while we ended up with one back who couldn't even qualify, another who was planning to be a walk-on at North Texas prior to us offering, and another who I think eventually gets moved to DB.

Today v Bowling Green - 32 carries, 291 yards, 2 TDs - 2 catches, 4 yards

Back