What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 AZ Forward Jamee Swan (WBB) (Signed to Colorado)

Didn't the previous coach recruit pretty well early on? Or are these players even better?

Yes and yes. KMM and staff did recruit fairly well, especially early on. But never this well.

The only top 100 player KMM's staff ever got was Alyssa Fressle, out of Highlands Ranch, who came here all excited about playing for CU but by middle of her sophmore year she looked and played like she was really discouraged. It seemed to me that Fressle had her mind made up to transfer before KMM was fired and Lappe hired. Lappe could not get her to change her mind.

The best class, from a ranking prespective, that KMM got was the 2009 class which was ranked #32. That was Chucky Jeffrey, the Malcolm-Peck twins (both ranked between 100 and 150 IIRC), and Melissa MacFarlane. MacFarlane left the team at the start of the 2010-11 season. She evidently had almost quit basketball in high school then did quit last year. You have to really want to play to keep up with the workload of being a student athlete.

The class that Lappe and staff are putting together for 2012 currently has 2 players ranked in the top 65. If they get another good player (3* or better good) I think this class has the chance to be ranked in the top 25 or 30.

The things that KMM and staff seemed to not be able to do was develop their players once they were here or do any kind of in-game coaching and adjustments to win games!

Last edited:
KMM and staff did recruit fairly well, especially early on. But never this well.

Love your summary, BeBe. Fressle was definitely the most heralded of the KMM era. Depending on what rating service you look at (All-Star Girls Report, Blue Star Basketball...), I believe that some that had Putnina, Dale and the Malcolm-Pecks in the 80-100 range at some point in the process. But again nothing as high as Huggins and Swan.

ESPN just posted some nice things about this class.

Colorado scored its second verbal commitment from a top-100 player this week when Jamee Swan made her pledge to the Pac-12 school. Swan becomes part of a three-person class, joining Lauren Huggins, ranked No. 63, and Kyleesha Weston, a two-star prospect. Swan, a gifted offensive talent with the ability to contribute at both forward spots, pairs well with Higgins, a 6-foot-1 wing with a smooth perimeter stroke. Weston should be able to contribute as a defensive presence. The significance of Swan picking Colorado over her other finalists - Arizona, Oklahoma and Oregon - is that it gives Colorado the premier recruiting class of any West Coast-based team in the country, as well as a great chance at an overall top 15 ranking in our ESPN HoopGurlz class rankings come signing period.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r.../darius-faulk-jamee-swan-two-bigs-names-board

Bam.

.... I believe that some that had Putnina, Dale and the Malcolm-Pecks in the 80-100 range at some point in the process. ......

Putnina probably was in that range....I forgot to go back that far. If Chelsea Dale was in top 80-100 range (and I do kinda remember that from BlueStar now that you bring it up jeb) it just underscores KMM's inability to do anything with players once she got them. Dale finally showed something last season under Lappe. Prior to that she was mostly riding the bench!

As for the HoopGurlz comment ........ potential top 15 !!! WOW! ALLSOME! I was trying not to get too ambitious when I suggested top 25 or 30 and was really hoping it would be more like top 20 to 25. Top 15 would be fabulous. I don't think CU has ever been up in that range. Great job by this coaching staff.

The significance of Swan picking Colorado over her other finalists - Arizona, Oklahoma and Oregon - is that it gives Colorado the premier recruiting class of any West Coast-based team in the country, as well as a great chance at an overall top 15 ranking in our ESPN HoopGurlz class rankings come signing period.

I just want everyone to read that again.

Wow.

This committment is pretty awesome. I've long thought that CU WBB has a better chance to be really successful on the national scene due to the great HS girls ball in the state. If we can bring in top talent from around the nation and keep some of our better kids in-state, Lappe will return the program to the national scene.

This is really great

I just want everyone to read that again.

Wow.
SwEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT! I'm not a huge WBB fan, but I sure pull for CU in every sport. The better we are in one sport, the better it can rub off on the others.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I guess this is what it's like to be a Kansas fan. 4 games into the football season and I'm already starting to look to Bball.

Welcome Jamee! Can't wait to see you play!

We can now officially welcome the #38 recruit in the nation to the black & gold!

We can now officially welcome the #38 recruit in the nation and the #1 ranked player in Arizona to the black & gold!
WOW!! Lappe signing the #1 player in Colorado and Arizona. Way to show 'em how it's done Coach!!

Like XJ with the men, I'm really excited about this signee for the women. I've heard from people in the know that Lappe is well liked by her players, and from an outsider, she seems like a good coach. Jamee can be a really special Buff when it's all said and done.

Bebe - I apparently never read your post from a long time ago. I can confirm that Fressle did have her mind made up well before KMac was fired. The team didn't like KMac, but they do like Lappe.

I can't wait to see Jamee next year.

"High Flying Jamee Swan" from AZ Varsity (Rivals network).

1201044.jpg

She looks like she might be able to dunk.

(I think the linked interview is open to non-members.)

Beat me to it, Nik. Anyone who wins shot put, even in a lower division in high school, has also got the needed strength to play in college in the front court.

That picture is fantastic.

What is that bit about Italy in the interview? Italy sounds nice.

Back