What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA ATH Dalis Bruce (Signed to Eastern Washington)

Bruce expolded against Poly last week be interesting to see what he does tonight. Bruce Update:

Dalis Bruce shines in opening scrimmage against PAC-5 Division power Long Beach Poly. His first touch resulted in a 75 yd punt return for the game's first touchdown. Below is a recap of Dalis' performance

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/590207/dalis-bruce

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/varsitytimesinsider/2011/08/football-dalis-bruce-makes-impressive-debut-for-st-john-bosco.html

rep!

Thanks Guapo 22.

Latest ESPN update seems to indicate he is about to get several BCS offers. I really like him as a prospect, would like to get him to Boulder for an official visit.

Sounds like he is looking for a big name school. I am guessing he ends up at Oregon or USC if they offer

Scout.com Player Evaluation:
STRENGTHS
eval_pro.gif
Backpedal Quickness
eval_pro.gif
Body Control
eval_pro.gif
Closing Speed
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
eval_con.gif
Size
Bruce has good backpedal and body control and great closing speed. He's good at jamming at the line of scrimmage and recovers well. Needs to put on a little more weight. -Brandon Huffman

ESPN scouting report (6/6/11):

Bruce is a talented, two-way skill prospect who will most likely get recruited to play defensive back at the next level. Has just adequate size for a major level corner and will need to continue adding bulk and building up his upper-strength. Speed is good but he does appear quicker than fast and feel his long- speed will be challenged at the next level. Needs to become crisper and more polished in his footwork at corner but overall is a very fluid athlete with naturally good feet and agility. Shows he can stop-start sharply and mirror over receivers tightly in off-man and in and out of their breaks. Would like to see him sink more in his pedal and become more balanced; can get on his heels quickly off the line versus more explosive receivers. Shows he can recovery though from wasted transitional movement with good quickness and burst out of his pedal. Jumps routes effectively and has a nose for finding the ball. Overall a very active underneath defender who comes up quickly on perimeter run and pass support. Closes strong and makes solid contact as a tackler. Is reliable in the open field. Offensively he is a guy that is very quick into and out of his breaks as a WR and is capable of sperating vs. one-on-one coverage. Has quick hands, but also double catches and can be a body catcher at times. Is a candidate to play as a slot receiver for the next level. Also possesses terrific return capabilities and this gives him value. Bottom line, Bruce has some weaker areas that could be exposed early on at corner, but we feel it's the position with the most upside. He has some natural quickness and talent to develop at the next level. A utility guy on offense with good feet, vision and cutback skill that adds to his versatility as a prospect.

Rivals update:

Bruce said he expects to meet with defensive tackles coach Mike Tuiasosopo, who recruits his area from the Buffaloes' staff, in early January.

"I took an unofficial visit to Colorado in the spring and they have a good program," Bruce said. "They have a new coach, Coach Jon Embree, and I can see that he is trying to do a lot of great things and Colorado is a beautiful state. I am originally from Denver, so it would be nice to be back in my home state."

Also of note is that Bruce's dad played at Cal. My worries are primarily them and also UCLA, which is sniffing around.

Scout.com Player Evaluation:
STRENGTHS
eval_pro.gif
Backpedal Quickness
eval_pro.gif
Body Control
eval_pro.gif
Closing Speed
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
eval_con.gif
Size
Bruce has good backpedal and body control and great closing speed. He's good at jamming at the line of scrimmage and recovers well. Needs to put on a little more weight. -Brandon Huffman

ESPN scouting report (6/6/11):

Bruce is a talented, two-way skill prospect who will most likely get recruited to play defensive back at the next level. Has just adequate size for a major level corner and will need to continue adding bulk and building up his upper-strength. Speed is good but he does appear quicker than fast and feel his long- speed will be challenged at the next level. Needs to become crisper and more polished in his footwork at corner but overall is a very fluid athlete with naturally good feet and agility. Shows he can stop-start sharply and mirror over receivers tightly in off-man and in and out of their breaks. Would like to see him sink more in his pedal and become more balanced; can get on his heels quickly off the line versus more explosive receivers. Shows he can recovery though from wasted transitional movement with good quickness and burst out of his pedal. Jumps routes effectively and has a nose for finding the ball. Overall a very active underneath defender who comes up quickly on perimeter run and pass support. Closes strong and makes solid contact as a tackler. Is reliable in the open field. Offensively he is a guy that is very quick into and out of his breaks as a WR and is capable of sperating vs. one-on-one coverage. Has quick hands, but also double catches and can be a body catcher at times. Is a candidate to play as a slot receiver for the next level. Also possesses terrific return capabilities and this gives him value. Bottom line, Bruce has some weaker areas that could be exposed early on at corner, but we feel it's the position with the most upside. He has some natural quickness and talent to develop at the next level. A utility guy on offense with good feet, vision and cutback skill that adds to his versatility as a prospect.

Rivals update:

Bruce said he expects to meet with defensive tackles coach Mike Tuiasosopo, who recruits his area from the Buffaloes' staff, in early January.

"I took an unofficial visit to Colorado in the spring and they have a good program," Bruce said. "They have a new coach, Coach Jon Embree, and I can see that he is trying to do a lot of great things and Colorado is a beautiful state. I am originally from Denver, so it would be nice to be back in my home state."

Also of note is that Bruce's dad played at Cal. My worries are primarily them and also UCLA, which is sniffing around.

i thought he had committed to cal a while ago?

[video=youtube;FkxLqIwp2Lo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkxLqIwp2Lo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Bruce attends St. John Bosco Prep...incase your not familiar he's a Scholastic Honors Athlete 3.2 core GPA 3.4 overall AP courses. If Tui is agressive i believe CU can compete with the UC's. According to coaches Bruce's dad knows and Likes Embree.

Bruce attends St. John Bosco Prep...incase your not familiar he's a Scholastic Honors Athlete 3.2 core GPA 3.4 overall AP courses. If Tui is agressive i believe CU can compete with the UC's. According to coaches Bruce's dad knows and Likes Embree.

Thanks for the info. I'm really high on Bruce. I hope this happens. He needs to get a visit scheduled.

Now a 3* on 247sports, but still no visits scheduled.

Maybe not qualified?

Back