What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA ATH Jonavaughn Williams (Signed to UNLV)

Commit?
Aztec Rivals mod states on their board: "looks like Jonavaughn to CU". Not able to read it because it's premium content.

looks like he got his free SDSU party weekend with his best friend. I really don't blame him.

For me

1.Crawley
2. Yuri
3. Walker
4. Jonavaughn
5. Mosley

I think we only take 3. This will be very interesting indeed

At this point we don't really know what Yuri is going to do. He's an outstanding player and has the opportunity to play almost anywhere he wants. Crawley sounds promising, but he is currently committed to Tenn, and SEC team, closer to home. So couldn't really say that either of these guys are a lock, (unless some of you more connected guys know better). So that leaves us with Walker, Williams, and Mosley to fill a position of need. So if this kid wants to commit, it might be worth our while to take him.

For me

1.Crawley
2. Yuri
3. Walker
4. Jonavaughn
5. Mosley

I think we only take 3. This will be very interesting indeed

I'd put Lewis over Mosley, and possibly Williams. Also, does anybody know what happened with Hasty? He seemed like another quality, under-the-radar CB, but I haven't heard an update in awhile.

Still want Yuri and Crawley along with Lewis but Williams is a good enough athlete that if he wants to commit it would be hard to turn him down. One issue is that he is a good enough athlete that he could help at other positions. He has the size and strength to be a safety, could also play some on offense if needed.

We're in good position for pretty much all these CB's... the staff just need to start landing them

1. Yuri
2. Crawley
3. Ryan Lewis
4. Jonavaughn Williams
5. Leo Thomas or Mosley

Last edited:
What happened with this guy? He didn't commit to SDSU & their site indicated he was going to commit to CU, no?

must of not accepted his commitment. I think thats a bummer, i liked this kid a lot. love the film on him

I wonder if they wanted to put him on a waiting list. We will take you if these other guys don't commit.

I'm pretty sure I read on Buffscoop several days ago that we did not take him. I believe the Embree and Co. have now rejected about 3 that we had offered previously (again from what I recall reading on Buffscoop). That included Breslin too I believe.

Do we know if Williams was being recruited as a Safety? I'm wondering if there's a silent commit out there at the Safety position...

In the Hawkens years we all hoped for the stud who is a "silent commit". We never had one that I recall, It's fools gold let it go.

In the Hawkens years we all hoped for the stud who is a "silent commit". We never had one that I recall, It's fools gold let it go.

The only time a silent commit means anything is when you find a guy like Rodney Stewart and don't want to draw attention to him. It's rare.

looks like he still wants to come here.
"Both trips were great, but I really liked Colorado,” Williams said. “I’ve been to San Diego State a few times already, but this was my first trip to Boulder, so it kind of stood out a little more. That campus is amazing, and I really enjoyed it up there. San Diego State was cool, too, and I’m still strongly considering both of these schools. "

went on to say that he has visits set up in JAN with Oregon st and Wash St. and those were his main 4.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/

Back