What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA ATH Ryan McDaniel (Signed to Washington)

This team needs athletes at almost every position on the field.

Bring him in with an offer to look at the various positions, try what he wants, and stick where he and the coaches decide is best for him. If he has in the back of his mind that he wants to be a RB let him come and try it. If he is effective at RB we have a RB, if not he will recognize it and the move to LB or TE or something else will be mutualy agreed on and he and the team will be better off.

When we get to a point were we have solid talent at every position then we can get picky, until then if a guy can make us better give him a shot at it even if it isn't where we would prefer him to be.

I like him at LB, but I'd honestly bring him in as a fullback. I think he'd start there as a true freshman.

angry-mob.png

I think that in the Embo/EB offense, we'd like to see our fullback put up Vickers-type numbers (5-7 carries and 2-3 receptions a game). If I'm wrong and our fullback is solely a lead blocker, then I wouldn't use McDaniel there. But if I'm right, he'd be a big difference maker in 2012 from the FB position.

I think that in the Embo/EB offense, we'd like to see our fullback put up Vickers-type numbers (5-7 carries and 2-3 receptions a game). If I'm wrong and our fullback is solely a lead blocker, then I wouldn't use McDaniel there. But if I'm right, he'd be a big difference maker in 2012 from the FB position.

Didn't read. You're dead to me nik.

:smile2:

It's not that I disagree with you guys that McDaniel could be an impact player at LB or FB, I just wanted to see him at RB. That said, if we get Payne along with Crowder, then it's kind of redundant. I just hope we get this kid and get him on the field at whatever position.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1116468.html

“Washington is my No.1 right now, ASU then USC.”

http://colorado.scout.com/2/1118189.html

While McDaniel maintains the Huskies are his leader, he said he still plans to take all of his visits, meaning that Arizona State and USC, along with two other schools, will likely get official visits.

Doubt we have a shot here, but sure sounds like he will stay in the Pac-12. He suffered an unfortunate injury a couple weeks and tore up one of his knees pretty good.

He chose the Huskies. If he can make it all the way back from the knee injury, I am guessing he will do good things at the next level.

He chose the Huskies. If he can make it all the way back from the knee injury, I am guessing he will do good things at the next level.

I think he may still be taking visits. He's listed as a "soft verbal".

Back