What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA PG Dominic Artis (Signed to Oregon)

He honestly looks like he's just toying with them out there.

He is very good at getting separation. With his height he has to be, but he has figured it out when he was playing other 6 foot players. He will be a step ahead of the game when a 6'4' guard is working against him.

Just wondering, is Dominic really considering us or is all the talk about him just an effect of his decommit. because we didn't make his list of top schools before he committed to UCLA, and I havent really heard anywhere that he has actually given CU any more thought

id still rather have wallace but that video narrowed the gap... still think artis ends up at UCLA

Apart from believing that Tad should and will be loyal to his offer to Wallace ... my issue with Artis is that he "decomitted". I know that conditions can change, but this can be a sign of immaturity or worse. Values are reflected in being consistent with one's word ... and are an important consideration in the addition of anybody to the team.

I think having Dinwiddie and Sharpe for a couple of years means that there may be more value in landing a combo guard with pg skills -- that would be Wallace. jmho

Apart from believing that Tad should and will be loyal to his offer to Wallace ... my issue with Artis is that he "decomitted". I know that conditions can change, but this can be a sign of immaturity or worse. Values are reflected in being consistent with one's word ... and are an important consideration in the addition of anybody to the team.
We don't know enough to make that judgment

He's a 17 year old kid making one of the most important decisions of his life. If he isn't going to be comfortable with the situation at a certain school, then by all means, decommit instead of going through the hassle of transferring. The most likely reason is that he wasn't feeling comfortable with Howland breaking his word by still going after certain other players of the same position when he said he wouldn't. I'm sure that can be interpreted by some as a negative, that he isn't "welcoming competition" or something, but it's perfectly fair for him to look out for his own interest, find a coach + staff he can really connect with, and a situation where he can get the most PT.

From everything I read he decommitted because UCLA got Kyle Anderson to play his position. Do you think if UCLA told this kid, "We are recruiting another guy who plays PG, and we think he is better than you and will most likely play in front of you your whole career", that he would have committed to them? Maybe it was UCLA that was not consistent...

From everything I read he decommitted because UCLA got Kyle Anderson to play his position. Do you think if UCLA told this kid, "We are recruiting another guy who plays PG, and we think he is better than you and will most likely play in front of you your whole career", that he would have committed to them? Maybe it was UCLA that was not consistent...
I agree we should know the "conditions" before coming to judgement on him.

It is just me or did anyone else want to see more of him driving to the hoop? I can see he has a wicked crossover and a nice step-back, but you got to be able to attack to the rim in college basketball, you will have opportunities for layups/dunks if you beat your man and the defense doesn't collapse or a quick dish if the defenders do collapse. I know Kemba Walker did pretty will with his step-backs or pull-up jumpers, but he could also drive to the hoop at will which kept him dangerous.

It is just me or did anyone else want to see more of him driving to the hoop? I can see he has a wicked crossover and a nice step-back, but you got to be able to attack to the rim in college basketball, you will have opportunities for layups/dunks if you beat your man and the defense doesn't collapse or a quick dish if the defenders do collapse. I know Kemba Walker did pretty will with his step-backs or pull-up jumpers, but he could also drive to the hoop at will which kept him dangerous.
I would love to see him driving to the hoop pulling a few defenders then throwing it up to Dre for a nasty oop

Artis gets to the rim very well and is an incredible distributor within the paint. Probably my favorite part of his game.

I don't know **** about bball, but it seems like perimeter moves like that are going to get a defense out of position and tear them to shreds. He has a multitude of options when the d is off-balance like that. Captain obvious, I know

has set up his first official visit... but since i dont have a scout sub... i cant tell where?

As I posted on Buff Scoop before, we decided not to go after him very hard. Boyle doesn't like him for CU.

He reminds me a lot of AI in that video. I think having good handles is probably the most important aspect a guard can have in order to transition from HS -> college and college -> NBA. He obviously has the handles to change the pace and create his own shot. However, you have to be able to create FTs if your shot isn't falling and despite how quick he is, he seems timid at going to the rim and he doesn't appear to have all that great of a first step. I also don't see him being able to d up any guard over 6'. If Tad's not interested in him, I trust that he's not right for our team. Plz get Wallace tho. :)

Junction, if you see the timeline of the posts that should take care of your confusion. Initially, CU figured to be very involved and the reasons were posted on Buff Scoop. Then, new scoop came in that said they decided not to go after him and like I posted here, Boyle didn't end up liking him for his system. As I'm sure you know, things change over hours, let alone days and weeks. One of those benefits to having a BS sub I guess :thumbsup:

Junction, if you see the timeline of the posts that should take care of your confusion. Initially, CU figured to be very involved and the reasons were posted on Buff Scoop. Then, new scoop came in that said they decided not to go after him and like I posted here, Boyle didn't end up liking him for his system. As I'm sure you know, things change over hours, let alone days and weeks. One of those benefits to having a BS sub I guess :thumbsup:

I checked the timeline. And I'm very skeptical that Boyle went from "going after him hard" on 10/6 to "doesn't like him for the system" on 10/13. If this staff is prone to such massive swings in talent evaluation from one week to the next, we're screwed. I don't think we're screwed.

And guess what? I know all this for free, right here on Allbuffs.... :thumbsup:

I checked the timeline. And I'm very skeptical that Boyle went from "going after him hard" on 10/6 to "doesn't like him for the system" on 10/13. If this staff is prone to such massive swings in talent evaluation from one week to the next, we're screwed. I don't think we're screwed.

And guess what? I know all this for free, right here on Allbuffs.... :thumbsup:

So then you know that in a week, there is absolutely plenty of time to review film, talk to coaches, scouts etc regarding a player and change your mind. It's how recruiting and evaluation works.

Back