What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO C Josh Scott (Signed to Colorado)

not sure about Creatini's statement that Scott's team won the tournament. It looks like Dreamvision won it all...Chaos won their pool but that was about it. Dreamvision fielded a great team though (Shabazz Muhammed is the best in my opinion next season), so I'm impressed on the Hawks' and Chaos' showing. I hope Josh has a great summer and validates Boyle's scholarship.
I may have read it wrong but either way, he was named MVP which is very impressive. Glad to see Boyle getting in some great talent so early. Great things are to come for CU basketball!

The stuff I had about the Jayhawk Invitational was a few weeks ago. Josh Scott didn't play in that one, but his younger brother Jordan did.

I'm still trying to find anything on the KC Classic. Supposedly it was a huge coming out party for Josh.

RalphieReport RalphieReport
RT @ebosshoops: This guy Josh Scott headed to Colorado is out here destroying.
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

RalphieReport RalphieReport
RT @ebosshoops: Getting a nice look at 6-9 Colorado commitment Josh Scott. Nice get for Buffs, he and Wes Gordon are a nice in-state duo.

not bad.

Scott Causes Chaos in Kansas City

KC Classic standouts

Josh Scott, PF/C, Colorado Chaos- The KC Classic was Rivals.com's first good look at the Colorado Springs product who has already committed to Tad Boyle's Buffaloes. Scott made a big impression as an interior scorer. A strong kid, Scott uses his body to establish position, turns to either shoulder to score and has some touch out to 15 feet. Scott takes the action to his opponent and doesn't lack for effort.

JOSH-SCOTT200.GIF

but Boyle is not only looking at the immediate future, he is looking at the overall future of CU basketball. Something that I havent seen from Patton and definatly not from Bz.

What would you call Bz having a clause in his contract that demanded a practice facility.

Bz did his part for the program. Boyle is just taking it to the next level because he is a better recruiter.

Let me preface that I do think Boyle is more of an engaging recruiter/personality.

However, we don't know if Boyle is a better recruiter, because talent evaluation is a big part of recruiting. Sure, this current crop of recruits are promising, but we have yet to see them play a minute of college basketball. Yes, they are nicely rated by services out there, but so was Hornbuckle. Relphorde and Burks were shown love by sites as well. (The entire notion that Burks was an amazing diamond in the rough is overplayed in my opinion - just because he wasn't a four star guy doesn't mean people didn't know about him during his senior season of HS. Sure, he was relatively unknown, but it's not like he was a two-star dud entering college.)

Bz got us Higgins, Knutson, Relphorde, and Burks. I think it's safe to say they're all solid contributors to the program. He signed STH, Tomlinson, Dufault, and Sharpe...the jury is still out on them, but they're still contributors. He had one bust in Eckloff, although that was just a gamble I think he made due to not having any bigs. He did a lot for the program.

Boyle's doing a great job so far, but we have yet to see what type of talent evaluator he really is. Roberson - yes, he's good, but for all the love fans have for him, he's not THAT amazing. Mills...I haven't seen one thing yet to like, but that's expected right now with him (next year too). Cain, Dinwiddie, Booker, I like them all. I'm impressed that Scott has shown up a little on the summer circuit. However, let's not be so quick to state Boyle is better than Bz, back-handed discounting what Bz did for CU. Boyle's only had two of his recruits play in college.

Boyle's got Abatemarco. I can't emphasize enough how great that guy is on the recruiting trail. He knows everybody. It's rare that someone doesn't immediately like him. And he's got an eye for talent with a great track record on finding guys that the elite programs pass on because they don't have a prototypical build. From Spud Webb to Andre Roberson, that guy's been finding gems for decades.

Boyle's got Abatemarco. I can't emphasize enough how great that guy is on the recruiting trail. ... From Spud Webb to Andre Roberson, that guy's been finding gems for decades.

Excellent point, Nik. Bz did the program a service by bringing him back to CU. The really lucky thing was that he stayed through the transition. It's always nice to have coaches with connections on your sideline.

Let me preface that I do think Boyle is more of an engaging recruiter/personality.

However, we don't know if Boyle is a better recruiter, because talent evaluation is a big part of recruiting. Sure, this current crop of recruits are promising, but we have yet to see them play a minute of college basketball. Yes, they are nicely rated by services out there, but so was Hornbuckle. Relphorde and Burks were shown love by sites as well. (The entire notion that Burks was an amazing diamond in the rough is overplayed in my opinion - just because he wasn't a four star guy doesn't mean people didn't know about him during his senior season of HS. Sure, he was relatively unknown, but it's not like he was a two-star dud entering college.)

Bz got us Higgins, Knutson, Relphorde, and Burks. I think it's safe to say they're all solid contributors to the program. He signed STH, Tomlinson, Dufault, and Sharpe...the jury is still out on them, but they're still contributors. He had one bust in Eckloff, although that was just a gamble I think he made due to not having any bigs. He did a lot for the program.

Boyle's doing a great job so far, but we have yet to see what type of talent evaluator he really is. Roberson - yes, he's good, but for all the love fans have for him, he's not THAT amazing. Mills...I haven't seen one thing yet to like, but that's expected right now with him (next year too). Cain, Dinwiddie, Booker, I like them all. I'm impressed that Scott has shown up a little on the summer circuit. However, let's not be so quick to state Boyle is better than Bz, back-handed discounting what Bz did for CU. Boyle's only had two of his recruits play in college.

the fact that you just gave relphorde positive rep and roberson negative....smh. relphorde ****ing sucked.

Dissing Relphorde during games is definitely gonna be something I DONT miss. God he gave me ****ing heartburn :lol:

Dissing Relphorde during games is definitely gonna be something I DONT miss. God he gave me ****ing heartburn :lol:

Relphorde would have sequences where he would completely check out mentally and make a ton of mistakes in a row. He also had a habit of trying to force his offense. But there were also those sequences where he would dominate on both ends of the floor for us. I've never seen a player I could love and hate so much during the same game or be so high or low on after a game and then see the opposite performance the next time out. When he was on, there weren't many teams that had enough firepower to beat us last season. But when he was off and forcing it, he also cost us some games.

As usual with Marcus and my schizophrenic feelings for him, I can't decide whether I'm more missing him or glad he has moved on. It was certainly an adventure that increased my alcohol consumption. :lol:

Relphorde would have sequences where he would completely check out mentally and make a ton of mistakes in a row. He also had a habit of trying to force his offense. But there were also those sequences where he would dominate on both ends of the floor for us. I've never seen a player I could love and hate so much during the same game or be so high or low on after a game and then see the opposite performance the next time out. When he was on, there weren't many teams that had enough firepower to beat us last season. But when he was off and forcing it, he also cost us some games.

As usual with Marcus and my schizophrenic feelings for him, I can't decide whether I'm more missing him or glad he has moved on. It was certainly an adventure that increased my alcohol consumption. :lol:

This captures it perfectly. I will always give Relphorde serious cred for the way he played defense, especially when he was basically playing the four when we went with Alec, Cory, and Levi on the court together. The Buffs would not have been as potent an offense if he wasn't able to allow all three guards to spread the floor so that Levi could shoot 3s and Alec and/or Cory could drive. But nothing was more frustrating than when he'd make an excellent play on defense (either a steal or a tough rebound) and then proceed to throw the ball right to the other team or force up a terrible three pointer on the next possession.

ESPN just upgraded Scott to a 4* prospect and the #24 PF prospect in the nation (#99 overall). :thumbsup:

He had previously been 3*-90 grade; #36 PF. This bump is in direct relation to his dominating performance against top competition at the Kansas City AAU tourney over the weekend.

Nice review they have on him, too: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/130252/josh-scott

:thumbsup:
thanx Nik, nice info. Are you gonna update page 1?

Schools with commitments from ESPNU's Top 100: Baylor, Texas, Arizona, Duke, Villanova, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Florida, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Memphis, Va Tech, Michigan, Virginia, Notre Dame, Purdue, Wake Forest, Butler and...COLORADO. Not bad company, my friends. Here's hoping Scott sticks with his commitment.

Per pimpin_aint_easy over on Rivals:

pimpin_aint_easy said:
..he really did "blow up" this weekend. Yesterday he was extended an invitation to the NBA Players Association top 100 camp next month in Virginia. This is a cream of the crop camp for the top 100 HS players in the country where they are coached, trained, and mentored by present and former NBA players on what they need to do to get to the elite level (NBA)

Quite an honor. If he shows well at that camp he could end up as CU's first 4 star in a long time.

Props to Boyle and staff for getting on this kid early. :thumbsup:

I'm absolutely loving this class. Need to find a couple scorers for the 2 and the wing to round it out, but it's looking really good so far.

why is it important for us to get the top instate guys? CO is not a hotbed for top D1 bball talent, so we need to first build up the program with the best players available from wherever. If CO just happens to have a kid that fits that bill, great, but let's be honest...CO's top player isn't always worthy of a major conference scholarship. I'm hopeful for Scott's improvement, but as said before, I'm still a little confused on the offer at this point - would've been nice to see him over this upcoming summer.

yeah...I agree. But to add on to this, Berglund was going to try to convince solid DI prospects to play for CU. I'm on the fence if we even should have offered Scott, let alone Gordon. I think they can play DI, but Pac 12?...I'm just not convinced. He's here, so I really hope Josh exceeds all my doubt and puts me to shame.

...and this is the reason why I'm torn on this one. I'm not trying to put Josh down here, but I just feel like he needed to prove himself a little more before the offer. He's rail thin, and plays in a rather weak conference/classification. I hope Boyle is right on this one, because we need some beef up front. Matt Christiansen looks like a great guy to be really targeting. One interesting thing though is how his little brother develops.

Scott has to be a second option in my opinion. Boyle's the coach so it's his call obviously...and I of course wish the best for Scott...but I think we need to go after higher caliber of players.

Not trying to knock the kid, but seems like a stretch. This sort of reminds me of Jonathan Sanders, who dominated competition at Bellevue Christian, but simply put, wasn't good enough against top competition.

If they keep developing, both Scott kids could be worthy of a scholarship. Right now though, they seem like they need more development - I would take Allen and Christiansen over Scott.

you_got_some_splainin_to_do_products_tshirt-p2358593476341571443g1w_400.jpg

I think dyemeduke was very clear. He said that he hopes he is put to shame on his early opinions of Scott and Gordon.

Now that they're both Top 100 guys on various lists, I think it's time for dyemeduke to make, "In Tad I Trust" his AllBuffs signature. :smile2:

Back