What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO OG Alex Kozan (Signed to Auburn)

Are schools allowed to give out clothing, accesories etc. to recruits or would he have to have bought that shirt?

Would have needed to buy it himself. Players can get their pictures taken in school gear while on a visit, but they can't leave with it.

Sorry to get off topic again Nik, but are we looking favorable to any of the Colorado OTs? I haven't read anything very reassuring recently.

Sorry to get off topic again Nik, but are we looking favorable to any of the Colorado OTs? I haven't read anything very reassuring recently.

None are a lock to go anywhere, except maybe O'Connor to Penn State. Thurston might be our best shot. If Callahan returns from is unofficials to LSU and Auburn this week without a quick commitment, I'll feel pretty good about our chances there. Kozan seems to want to leave the state, but it's so early and it's hard to tell.

Plus, it's a long way to signing day. If we have a season that surprises people with some signature wins, there's a pretty good chance that some of the in-state prospects I'm not confident on would buy in later and decide to stay home.

According to a rivals update we are recruiting him the hardest along with LSU. So our staff must think we're still in it

Sounds like Iowa is recruiting him pretty hard as well. Doubt we have much of a shot here, but it was interesting to hear us named in one of his updates for a change.

I do like Kozan a lot as a guard. I think there's been some over-rating of him where he has been projected as a top 20 OT this cycle, but I'm very comfortable with him as a top 20 OG.

I do like Kozan a lot as a guard. I think there's been some over-rating of him where he has been projected as a top 20 OT this cycle, but I'm very comfortable with him as a top 20 OG.

It seems like we're projecting all of the OT that we're recruiting as guards or maybe RTs. Of guys that are still considering us, do we think any of them can play OT or more imprtantly LT?

It seems like we're projecting all of the OT that we're recruiting as guards or maybe RTs. Of guys that are still considering us, do we think any of them can play OT or more imprtantly LT?

Good question.

I think Walker Williams could play LT. Excellent athlete with a multi-sport background. Definitely a guy who could protect the blind side.

Jeromy Irwin could also play LT. His twin brother is a TE, so that gives some insight into the athleticism. Jordan Williams is another basketball guy who I project there. Potentially Cyburt, too. And if we can flip one of the in-state guys, Callahan and Thurston could potentially play LT.

I think Walker Williams and Colby Cyburt look like the best bets at LT. Callahan and Jordan Williams look more like RTs to me.

I think Walker Williams and Colby Cyburt look like the best bets at LT. Callahan and Jordan Williams look more like RTs to me.

I'm wondering if it matters so much now that we're pro style. The more I was thinking about this, I ended up going along the path of just needing to play our two best tackles and putting the one with better feet on the left side. I think it's more a matter of OT vs. OG than it is LT vs. RT in the new system. If a guy is 6'5" or taller with long arms and decent feet, he's going to project as an OT. Otherwise, I see him as an OG. Bakhtiari may be the one exception on the roster since he's such a technician that we're leaving him at OT. But that could be a depth issue and it wouldn't shock me if he moved inside for 2012 with Mustoe or Lewis moving into a starting OT role.

I think Iowa leads with LSU second then who knows. We have a better shot than I thought a month ago, but we need a fast start because he wants to decide sometime during the season.

I think Iowa leads with LSU second then who knows. We have a better shot than I thought a month ago, but we need a fast start because he wants to decide sometime during the season.
would love to get him... but im really not optimsitic

unless he's going to make a huge difference I rather redshirt him.

I'm starting to agree with not playing these freshman. Once Mac had things rolling, you'd never see freshman playing. Hopefully one day we can get to that point.

We need OL bad, don't know if marshall is the guy. So far, not doing to well (any coach recruiting ol) this year, especially in-state.

My guess is he commits to Iowa on his official visit there in a few weeks.

Back