What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CO OG Alex Kozan (Signed to Auburn)

When did Kozan come out and rip Embree...I missed it so please let me know. If you mean the dipwad that claimed to be a friend of Kozan's then you cannot put much stock in those type of anecdotal accounts.
That is probably fair. I wasn't there so cannot say what really happened. I think if you go way back to when the story came out, I questioned whether or not Embree really made the "sit on the bench somewhere else" statement. Who the hell knows?

I don't have a problem with what Kozan is doing. He thought he wanted to go to Iowa, now he's not sure. It's the biggest choice of his life thus far and he should take as long as he needs to make a decision rather then having to abide by some arbitrary date set by an NCAA administrator. If the schools don't mind (and they don't since there still pursuing him) then none of you should either. Every other HS kid in America has until the spring to decide where they want to go. If he was second guessing his commitment and considering CU insetad none of you would have a problem with it.

That is probably fair. I wasn't there so cannot say what really happened. I think if you go way back to when the story came out, I questioned whether or not Embree really made the "sit on the bench somewhere else" statement. Who the hell knows?
He sort of said that at the recruiting luncheon....he said when he was recruiting he asked kids when they thought of playing CFB whether they dreamed of themselves playing or watching someone else play...

I don't have a problem with what Kozan is doing. He thought he wanted to go to Iowa, now he's not sure. It's the biggest choice of his life thus far and he should take as long as he needs to make a decision rather then having to abide by some arbitrary date set by an NCAA administrator. If the schools don't mind (and they don't since there still pursuing him) then none of you should either. Every other HS kid in America has until the spring to decide where they want to go. If he was second guessing his commitment and considering CU insetad none of you would have a problem with it.
I find myself agreeing with this. Amazingly.

When did Kozan come out and rip Embree...I missed it so please let me know. If you mean the dipwad that claimed to be a friend of Kozan's then you cannot put much stock in those type of anecdotal accounts.

I'd like to agree with you but there was speculation and accounts across the various boards about how Embree turned off kids by his approach to them at the Spring Game. There was a lot of smoke to this fire to call it untrue.

I'd like to agree with you but there was speculation and accounts across the various boards about how Embree turned off kids by his approach to them at the Spring Game. There was a lot of smoke to this fire to call it untrue.

The question was "Did Kozan come out and rip Embree?" To my knowledge he never did any such thing. As you say - speculation!!!!

Yup Speculations, I find it strange how his comments didn't turn off Hennington, Nogard and Yuri Wright. BTW Kozan visited with parents during Fall camp.

Last edited:
I admit it. I'm throwing him under the bus because he didn't chose CU. Just like I've thrown every in state kid under the bus for not chosing CU. Oh, wait....

I'll be as honest as I can be. I get upset when in state kids leave. I do. Sorry. But I rarely rip them for it. But in this case, Kozan came out and ripped Embry during the recruiting process. So that did piss me off. I admit that. So, maybe, I was a little more atune to him. So, maybe, when he committed to Iowa only to not sign and admit he was looking for a better deal I was a little more critical. But still, I believe it is bad form to give a commitment and then renege. Perhaps we should look at it more like a bride running from the alter before saying "I do." Its good she didn't finalize the marriage, on the one hand. Better to be honest and not enter into a painful relationship. But should the groom stay at the alter waiting for her to return? Also, shouldn't a new suiter at leat be a little nervous?

Think about all of the Texans that were devastated when you moved to Colorado.

The question was "Did Kozan come out and rip Embree?" To my knowledge he never did any such thing. As you say - speculation!!!!

You can take it however you want. Several witness reports stated that Embree reportedly turned off many of the top seniors at our Spring game with his speech. Others found it motivating and what they needed to hear. We found out what we were all thinking when Kozan's classmate came on here and spilled the beans on what were hearing as true. Beyond that, actions spoke louder than words. Did he take an official visit?

You can take it however you want. Several witness reports stated that Embree reportedly turned off many of the top seniors at our Spring game with his speech. Others found it motivating and what they needed to hear. We found out what we were all thinking when Kozan's classmate came on here and spilled the beans on what were hearing as true. Beyond that, actions spoke louder than words. Did he take an official visit?
In his presser Embree blamed himself for the poor in state recruiting. Was he referring to his message to recruits that was probably taken out of context by the likes of Kozan?

Thinking about Embree's presentation to the in state guys, I think what he must have meant was that they will most likely start early at Colorado whereas at more established programs, they will have to work their way up the depth chart.

Thinking about Embree's presentation to the in state guys, I think what he must have meant was that they will most likely start early at Colorado whereas at more established programs, they will have to work their way up the depth chart.
Are you postulating on something you never heard?

In his presser Embree blamed himself for the poor in state recruiting. Was he referring to his message to recruits that was probably taken out of context by the likes of Kozan?
I think it was more of a leadership thing. He's in charge and he's taking responsibility for the lack of production in-state. Right thing to do, imo.

I think it was more of a leadership thing. He's in charge and he's taking responsibility for the lack of production in-state. Right thing to do, imo.

Correct. He fell on the sword while not so subtly challenging Brookhart to do better.

Ive seen or heard basically every presser Embree has had. Every one fired me up. One set of kids at the spring game felt the exact same way as I do, the other used it as their reason to step away from CU. completely their choice and while letting talent walk sucks, I'd be in favor of Embree doing it to weed out the weak every year if that's the case. Get the babies as far away from the program as possible. On an individual level I hope Kozan finds what he's looking for and has success. On the other hand he's had a long time to make this choice and seems to be enjoying holding the process hostage... I'm not sad he's bound for someplace most likely outside Co.

I guess I refuse to criticize someone because of something an anonymous Internet poster claims to have heard him say. By the way the guy said he played football against Kozan so he was not a teammate. My point to DBT is that you cannot accuse somebody of an action based upon third hand information from a questionable source. To the best of my knowledge Kozan never came out and ripped Embree in any public statement or interview so accusing him of such is just wrong - and DBT manned up and said that was fair.

A lot of times recruits will not take an official visit to the local schools so they can take their official visits elsewhere but he took at least 2 unofficial visits up to Boulder. Miles, Thurston, Baylis, O'Connner did not take official visits to CU either.

Actions speak louder than words comment is ironic in this context because we are talking about words....He chose no to go to CU (so far) that is his only action.

Anyone know what is going on with Kozan? He seems to have dropped off the radar. Did he wait too long and lose an opportunity to commit to his preferred schools? Just curious.

I understand the kid wants to go where he wants to go...but the longer this drags on, the more it looks ike a kid who wants special rules, just for him. Maybe there is a good reason for him to delay his signing, but from where I sit, this is beginning tolook a lot like Terrelle Pryor, without the game breaking skills, all over again...I wish him well, but this is a potential headache IMO.

Awfully quick to judge around here. We don't know if he's holding out or if Iowa is throwing a curve ball or what. Hell, maybe he just said "I want to see who the new OC is before I commit".

Interesting that it no longer says "verbal to Iowa" in his profile. Is that just an accommodation to the obvious, or did he actually say something?

Anyone know what is going on with Kozan? He seems to have dropped off the radar. Did he wait too long and lose an opportunity to commit to his preferred schools? Just curious.

Have no idea what is going on with him now, pure speculation. I wonder if he is one of those guys who is just tired of football. Normally a guy who is really excited about playing college ball can't wait to get committed. Sometimes, and not saying this is the case here, after working so long with lifting and camps and all the other work guys just get burnt out. Kozan is highly enough rated and has enough interested schools that you would think if he was that excited he would be committed already. Not saying this is the reason he isn't, there could be a lot of other reasons but you have to wonder a bit if he has temporarily lost his enthusiasm for the game.

I actually think the whole Kozan thing got blown way out of proportion on AB. Lots of ABers get p'd off if an in-stater wants to go somewhere else. I know he may have said something about how he interpreted JE's speech, etc. So what if he did? He has a right to his opinion.

I too, however, am quite surprised he is not signed yet. There is probably something going on behind the scenes on this one, regarding qualifying at his preferred school, maybe he waited too long and is being asked to GS or maybe he has second thoughts about CU :rofl:

I dont know what went on with Iowa and him. What I do know is he doesnt wanna come here, he'd be here if he did. In state recruiting has to get better and Id expect that it will. Jmho but I think losing Thurston and the Auburn kid hurt worse than this one.

He seemed to be enjoying the recruiting process but he was looking at some of the top programs around and they don't usually hold a spot for you unless your are a very top recruit (Jordon Diamond). Recruiting sites list Auburn, IOWA, and Michigan as his top choices. IOWA and Michigan both list 25 recruits and Auburn has 5 Oline commits already. Maybe he no longer has a commitable offer from his top choices anymore. ONCE AGAIN pure speculation on my part. He certainly will be able to land somewhere but his top schools may not have room for him. Maybe he will end up at CU...just curious as to what is happening. Most coaches are just glad that recruiting is over.

I guess getting him by default wouldnt be a terrible thing. That is, if he's 100% committed to being at CU.

Back