What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 LA ATH Jeffrey Hall (Signed to Colorado)

Last few days must seem like fantasy draft for Greg Brown. After a season of trying to patch together a defensive backfield with out even having duct tape he is looking at a load of talented players coming in who should be multi-year difference makers.

Hall may be an under the radar guy but he has athletic talent that all the coaching in the world can't make happen. If he can turn that athletic abiity into football ability we have a difference maker on our hands.

I like the stats and measurables of this kid, and I'm all for taking a few sleepers every year.

However, while the class has gotten a big boost the last few days, I must say that some offers/pickups seem interesting.

edit: I thought this kid was Tillman...man, never mind on the measurables...hmm...well, welcome aboard young man. Hope you love CU and the relationship is mutually beneficial. Take any of our skepticism to fuel the fire to help the team - you'll love CU.

Last edited:
Teams in the Pac 12 need as many DB (and pass rushers) as possible to counter spread offenses, especially now with Arizona joining the fray. The NFL carries 3 top flight corners along with the safeties (some teams more). Also, not all of these guys will pan out. Remember Sammy Joseph was supposed to be the most talented/athletic of the CU/NU Joseph clan and he didn't even make it out of college.

Also, our safety play sucked ass as well, so some of these guys with roam center field.

Last edited:
Good call, Assimus.

Haha, pass me some crow please. I thought Yuri would be the last DB taken (I also hoped that our next commit would be Rippy or Jacobs).

But I agree that it is wise to hedge our bets on DL's and DB's. The cream will rise!

Until now, I hadn't reviewed his senior highlights. I can see that he may not have elite 4.4 speed, but he gets his hands on the ball and isn't going to shy away from hitting. I love play makers! You also have to like how hard he is to bring down. He wants to pick it and score no matter who is in his way. He could be good as a nickel or safety if his speed limits him from playing on the outside.

Welcome to CU!

4b2008ca-df0b-e9fc.jpg

So once again I wonder if that offer is truly still on the table after the recent DB commits.

Per Adam: He is making his announcement at 630 tonight, he wants to call all the coaches today. Gave a 'soft verbal' to a school on tuesday. Apparently Mizzou got involved late and wanted him to visit this weekend, but that didn't happen.

Positive news about Hall... Staff once again has beaten other BCS schools to punch in regards to a lithely regarded prospect garnering fan-boys calling them out in droves.

In Embree we trust!

Positive news about Hall... Staff once again has beaten other BCS schools to punch in regards to a lithely regarded prospect garnering fan-boys calling them out in droves.

In Embree we trust!

Embree has a serious leak of info coming out of his area.

It will be very interesting to see what happens when someone in the AD gets around to finding out who the leak of confidential information is to AZ. There's potential far-reaching implications beyond the press. NCAA doesn't allow ADs to talk about recruits you know....

Embree has a serious leak of info coming out of his area.

It will be very interesting to see what happens when someone in the AD gets around to finding out who the leak of confidential information is to AZ. There's potential far-reaching implications beyond the press. NCAA doesn't allow ADs to talk about recruits you know....

what if Embree is AZ's source?

Then if that became public, Embree would be guilty of violating NCAA rules for every incident. He'd be fired, banned from coaching... Stuff like that.

Embree is very careful with the media to not comment on specific recruits, who is visiting etc. He knows the rules.

So, if he gets drafted high for MLB we'll have a spot open up. Interesting. Also, Arizona and Indiana were pushing hard for him last week.

Hall has now gone public with his commitment: http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1324665

"Coach Embree said he likes my instincts. He said I have very good ball skills. I don't know if he knows I played receiver before," Hall said. "Coach Embree also mentioned that most long-legged people like me play safety but he said I can play corner real well."

Hall is also an excellent baseball player. He batted .453 as a leadoff hitter while playing centerfield last spring.

"There is a chance that I will get drafted [in the Major League Baseball draft] but if I am not picked in the top three rounds, I am going to college to play football at Colorado," Hall said.

:dance5:Welcome to the Black and Gold. Good luck with whichever sport you end up in, but I hope it's with us.

Last edited:
Back