What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 MN OT Nick Davidson (Signed to Stanford)

Soooo, that leaves Colbert, Siragusa, Brostek, and Moore as the remaining top targets. I think the odds of someone resurrecting the 'O-Line Recruiting Sucks Thread' tomorrow as pretty good.

Nah, we just need to recruit a couple of really athletic kickers and put 130lbs on them, position switch solves all problems.:lol:

Colbert? :lol:

Colby Cyburt. Not the Comedy Central host. :wink2:

Can't fault a kid for going to Stanford one bit.

Helps us with Cyburt though with Stanford still having the chance to get some highly recruited OL and them running out of space.

Marshall, pick it up or pack it up.

Did not expect Davidson, but pretty disappointing overall. We can absorb it with the guys we took last class, but it makes the 2013 class important for the OL. Hope we see better results.

Marshall wasn't his recruiter.
Of course not, why would an OL coach recruit an OL.

Never understood this. Shouldn't the guy who's going to be coaching the position be recruiting the position? Other than the "closer" on the staff?

He and brookhart are on the clock...

Of course not, why would an OL coach recruit an OL.

Never understood this. Shouldn't the guy who's going to be coaching the position be recruiting the position? Other than the "closer" on the staff?

He and brookhart are on the clock...

agree

I didn't think we were going to get this guy anyway, so I suppose it's good that it helps us in regards to Cyburt. Still, sucks to lose out on this kid.

What's with this Stanford and their top-notch education and good football team? I don't get the appeal...

What's with this Stanford and their top-notch education and good football team? I don't get the appeal...

It's going to take some time because they have a lot of talent there but I think that Stanford's success had a lot to do with Harbaugh. Long term I don't see them maintaining it and they will slowly come back to being Stanford football.

It's going to take some time because they have a lot of talent there but I think that Stanford's success had a lot to do with Harbaugh. Long term I don't see them maintaining it and they will slowly come back to being Stanford football.

Hopefully sooner rather than later. Duke and Vandy are lonely at the bottom.

I was hoping that would be the case, but they're still killing it on the recruiting trail. They didn't skip a beat this last year without Harbaugh. I'm sure Andrew Luck had a lot to do with that, but you can do pretty well with a bunch of 4* OL punching holes in defenses.

anyone else think it is weird we don't lose more recruiting battles with Stanford or even go after the same recruits. We are going to be running the same/similar offense as them

I think it is quite possible that Stanford will struggle next year. There is no clear successor to Luck at Qb. I watched the spring game, and the talent they have at the position doesn't seem very developed. Also, some of the strategic coaching decisions last year were pretty questionable. Shaw is still an unproven commodity, imho.

They have been recruiting very well the last couple of years, but that doesn't equate to wins... at the risk of opening pandora's box of debate and dissension again.

Stanford will decline, but it's going to take some time. Think a Larry Coker situation where it's drawn out over 5+ years

I think it is quite possible that Stanford will struggle next year. There is no clear successor to Luck at Qb. I watched the spring game, and the talent they have at the position doesn't seem very developed. Also, some of the strategic coaching decisions last year were pretty questionable. Shaw is still an unproven commodity, imho.

They have been recruiting very well the last couple of years, but that doesn't equate to wins... at the risk of opening pandora's box of debate and dissension again.

The decline will take some time. They still have lots of talent at virtually every position and you don't forget how to win right away. They won't be as good but with a lot of the teams they will play in the PAC next year they will still be good enough to win and usually fairly easily.

Back