What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 MO PG Kyleesha Weston (WBB) (Signed to Colorado)

That certainly fits in with Coach Lappe's emphasis on defense. Right now Chucky is leading in both defense and offense but I think the staff's druthers would be to have a guard like Kyleesha for the defense and distribution to the other scorers on the roster who are developing.

Kyleesha scores a triple double in a quarter and a half. She left 4 min into the 2nd quarter with 14 points, 10 steals and 12 assists.

Kyleesha scores a triple double in a quarter and a half. She left 4 min into the 2nd quarter with 14 points, 10 steals and 12 assists.
So that means her team had scored at least 38 points by that time in the game ... her 12 plus 2 each for each of her 12 assists. WOW!! A bit of a blow-out was it??

Sounds like she did everything but drive the bus. Can't wait to see Kyleesha in the black & gold.

So that means her team had scored at least 38 points by that time in the game ... her 12 plus 2 each for each of her 12 assists. WOW!! A bit of a blow-out was it??

I guess thats why she didnt get so many rebounds, there were none to get...

Sorry, she had 3 rebounds. i don't know what the score was when she left, the end of the second quarter the score was 49-5. We ended up winning 72-19. Her coach talked to all of them, yesterday after practice, and stated, that this was the first time in his 15 year coaching career, that he had a player do a triple double.

Kyleesha's got back in the swing of it this week. She's been out for the past 3 weeks, with a slight concussion. 2 games in this week. 1-1. Monday, a very tight game, but we end up loosing 56-58, she had 22 pts, 7 steals & 4 assist. But what a way to get back in the game. She told me, she was a little torn, she was mad that they lost the game, yet she was so excited to get back on the court. :thumbsup: 2nd game, played against Lee's Summit West, we won 44-34, she had 20 pts, 6 rebounds, and 1 steal.

She is putting up some absolutely ridiculous numbers. Wow.

Glad to hear she's over the concussion. That's some scary stuff.

There is still alot of room for improvement. And she knows it. She's just happy to be back to playing. :nod:

Is she targeted to be point guard at CU? Right now Checky Jeffrey is running the point but is also the best scorer, best at driving and creating her own shot, etc. It would be nice to have her free to do those things with another player running the point. It might be asking too much for a freshman to do that but maybe on a part time basis.....?

Is she targeted to be point guard at CU? Right now Checky Jeffrey is running the point but is also the best scorer, best at driving and creating her own shot, etc. It would be nice to have her free to do those things with another player running the point. It might be asking too much for a freshman to do that but maybe on a part time basis.....?

The Wilson sisters are also better suited to the "2" than the "1", right?

B Wil has played a fair amount at the point both last year and, to a lesser extent, this year. But from watching their games, I think they are also not the answer for point guards. Lexy has even played some point to give Chucky a breather. Kyleesha was described by Coach Lappe as a point guard in the press release after signing day, but the reason I asked the question is that the stats that are being reported seem to vary a lot in the "assist" column. And that should be a key number for a point guard. The points and steals seem to always be terriffic numbers. I'm hoping she will be the answer for the point.

B Wil has played a fair amount at the point both last year and, to a lesser extent, this year. But from watching their games, I think they are also not the answer for point guards. Lexy has even played some point to give Chucky a breather. Kyleesha was described by Coach Lappe as a point guard in the press release after signing day, but the reason I asked the question is that the stats that are being reported seem to vary a lot in the "assist" column. And that should be a key number for a point guard. The points and steals seem to always be terriffic numbers. I'm hoping she will be the answer for the point.

I think it's pretty rare for a high school PG to consistently rack up a lot of assists unless there's a lot of scholarship talent on the roster. Dinwiddie did on the men's side, but his high school team would beat some college teams and his AAU team would probably make the dance.

so so true. We get so aggreviated on the assists. it should definitely be alot higher, but its definitely based off of what other players do. Don't get me wrong, the kids try, but you get alot of kids that aren't BASKETBALL kids. the angles of the passes that Kyleesha does, or how she anticipates what they should do, they don't. And they have to catch the ball. It's so different in Summer ball. No complaints though. The kids are all doing a good job. Ky's just ready for the next level. She'll help in any way that she can. Defense or point, she's getting ready.

Sorry its been awhile, since i've posted. Last 4 games, she's did (17, 15, 24 & 22pts) but what i'm writing about today is her game yesterday. First shot of the game, she hit 3 pointer, but her shot was off the rest of the game, at half we were down 24-11. Didn't look that good. We came out in a full court 1-3-1, kyleesha, being the top defender. Totally different half, we shut the other team down 16-0 in 3rd quarter and 4th quarter 16-8. Ended up winning 43-32 for tournament. We play for championship on Friday. One of the coaches, who we'll play on Friday for championship, specifically told Kyleesha, that he has never seen a defensive performance executed that well. And that one person, changed the whole game, without scoring. She ended up with 8pts, 7 steals, 12 rebounds, and 11 assists. The rest of points were from free throws 5 out of 6. I think that was the best compliment that she had gotten, regarding her game.

"She ended up with 8pts, 7 steals, 12 rebounds, and 11 assists."

That's a basketball player, folks.

And so is this, trainer made her do an ice bath last night when she got home. She also had to do one this morning before going to school. Trainer is also given her another after school today. Both ankles are sore, knee is swollen and ribs bruised. It was a dog fight last few games. She's a trooper.

I love these updates. We might have gotten one hell of a steal here.

Kyleesha's team, ended up loosing the championship. She made all tournament team, and also won MVP of the tournament. :)

We played St. Joe Central this past Thursday night, in my home town, about 45 miles away from Kyleesha's school, we had over 100 family and friends come out to see Kyleesha's last perforrmance in St. Joe. Also, the team we was playing the coach was playing for his 500 win. Please read article. Kyleesha's final stats were 23 pts, 13 rebounds, 7 assists and 7 steals.

http://www.newspressnow.com/high-school-sports/30424064/detail.html

We played St. Joe Central this past Thursday night, in my home town, about 45 miles away from Kyleesha's school, we had over 100 family and friends come out to see Kyleesha's last perforrmance in St. Joe.

We'll have to have everyone come out to Boulder for a few games then. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that they lost, but sounds like she played great. She has a lot to be proud of. Hopefully she can rest up because it sounds like she was a little banged up at the end of the season. We're going to need her next year!

I like the fact that something other than stats matter to this young lady. She seems a bit po'ed at missing out on the coach's 500th win.

Back