What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 PA OLB Deaysean Rippy ('13 TNFR to Colorado)

Qualified at Pitt.

Remind me again why Embree wouldn't accept his commitment? Because he was an academic risk? Whoops.

On the plus side these first two games have demonstrated that we don't really need talent of this quality, we're all set.

Qualified at Pitt.

Remind me again why Embree wouldn't accept his commitment? Because he was an academic risk? Whoops.

On the plus side these first two games have demonstrated that we don't really need talent of this quality, we're all set.
gotta agree

This one hurts, but Embree is still batting pretty well on these. Berglund, Martin, Jones were all good moves to avoid. This one may prove to not be so much. I doubt Rippy would be playing much for us, though. Dude was like 190 and our LB is actually sorta kinda deep.

Qualified at Pitt.

Didn't he slow play us for the commit, and when we was ready to commit we were already full?

Didn't he slow play us for the commit, and when we was ready to commit we were already full?
He tried to commit but the staff told him not to take any more visits and work on his academics and he didn't so they moved on. Gotta think Embree used up the amount of risks he could take last class.

Is he playing this year? Refusing 4 star LB commitments from him and not keeping the kid from CU who bolted to Central Florida (Willingham?) for a year could be major mis steps by Embree. We would have two young 4 star LB's on the roster to go with Daigh.

Is he playing this year? Refusing 4 star LB commitments from him and not keeping the kid from CU who bolted to Central Florida (Willingham?) for a year could be major mis steps by Embree. We would have two young 4 star LB's on the roster to go with Daigh.

Embree's stubborness>winning

Wow. So you are saying if we had good players, we are still ****ed?

The players we have are certainly good enough to beat the likes of CSU and Sacramento State. They're good enough to put up a fight against Fresno, UCLA and ASU. The players we have are good enough to be 3-3 or 4-2 right now instead of 1-5.

The players we have are certainly good enough to beat the likes of CSU and Sacramento State. They're good enough to put up a fight against Fresno, UCLA and ASU. The players we have are good enough to be 3-3 or 4-2 right now instead of 1-5.

You have to remember that we want the next head coach to have some talent to work with...

Still rumors circulating that Rippy is going to transfer following redshirting as a freshman. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Embo has worked miracles in recruiting. I have been impressed with the players signed considering the state of the program before Embo was hired. Looks like it was a good decision to drop him if he is already looking to transfer after his redshirt season with Pittsburgh. I am not for taken anybody just because they have a 4 star next to their name. We need to look at the entire package.

Embo has worked miracles in recruiting. I have been impressed with the players signed considering the state of the program before Embo was hired. Looks like it was a good decision to drop him if he is already looking to transfer after his redshirt season with Pittsburgh. I am not for taken anybody just because they have a 4 star next to their name. We need to look at the entire package.
:lol:

CU depth is a lot better than when Embo first took the job. Recruiting wasn't the problem. The problem was coaching and the the youth of the team.

CU depth is a lot better than when Embo first took the job. Recruiting wasn't the problem. The problem was coaching and the the youth of the team.

Signed,
The OL/S/LB depth chart

2011 - #12 in the Pac 12 (yes I realize this was a short time frame to recruit for)
2013 - #12 in the Pac 12
Average: #10.6 in the Pac 12

Coaching was absolutely a problem, but so was recruiting.

'12 PA OLB Deaysean Rippy (Signed to Pitt)

Signed,
The OL/S/LB depth chart

2011 - #12 in the Pac 12 (yes I realize this was a short time frame to recruit for)
2013 - #12 in the Pac 12
Average: #10.6 in the Pac 12

Coaching was absolutely a problem, but so was recruiting.

I'm no math wiz, but how does 12 and 12, average 10.6?

Turning down/letting go Willingham and Rippy as 4 star LB's were both poor decisions. Not being able to recruit a decent RB when you have E.B. pitching that he coached up A.P is just as baffling. Recruiting was certainly a problem.

'12 PA OLB Deaysean Rippy (Signed to Pitt)

I'm no math wiz, but how does 12 and 12, average 10.6?

Because Embree's first and last class were ranked #12 in the PAC 12. His second was a good class and I didn't feel the need to include it in the list because it was a good class relatively speaking. (12+8+12)/3=10.6 average

Lots of swings and misses during JE's reign, but I'm still not sure that I would include them passing on Deaysean as one of them.

If you are going to include the swing and misses, might as well include the home runs. . In hindsight the decision not to recruit Willingham, Rippy and Berglund were good decisions. I want Coach MacIntyre to look at the entire package. Is the student athlete the right fit for CU, not just because he is a 4 star.

Back