What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 PA OLB Deaysean Rippy ('13 TNFR to Colorado)

UCLA is out by default.

That post by Deaysean shows that UCLA really didn't want him if they fed him that line about not taking a LB. Maybe they finally decided that oversigning by a dozen or so athletes (not sure of the number, but it's quite a bit over from what some were writing) isn't a good idea and gave this excuse instead. Maybe that reason was given to save his feelings. Only UCLA knows for sure.

All I know is that the top 4 inclusion sure makes it seem like the team is still on him, and that he's willing to listen. This would be a great if he clears and has taken any concerns Embree might have expressed to heart. I'd love to have another playmaker if things work out. If not, I hope he finds a place that works out well for him.

Denying on twitter that the staff stopped recruiting him because of academics.
Question:
@D_ripp11 reports coming from some is that CU stopped recruiting u due to grades, please set the story straight, Buff Nation needs 2 ripps

Answer:
@OklahomaBuff is not the reason don't you think everyone would stop doing the same

A couple hours ago he tweeted that we're one of his finalists (along with Arizona, Pitt, and West Virginia). Where did the info come from that we stopped recruiting him?

I hope that the reports of Deaysean showing a lack of academic commitment are just a bad rumor. I'd love to see another Rippy in the black & gold. We'll find out soon.

A couple hours ago he tweeted that we're one of his finalists (along with Arizona, Pitt, and West Virginia). Where did the info come from that we stopped recruiting him?

Ringo first reported that we were backing off and then AZ posted some detailed confirmation.

Yup, all morons.
1617295_i_see_what_you_did_there_holysmurf_super_RE_Sharenator_Community_UNITE-s444x475-150637-580.jpg

I guess I thought he had gone in a different direction. Glad to see that I was mistaken. Hope he's a Buff.

He's all over the place and if I recall correctly we weren't mentioned in his latest Rivals update or if we were it was at the end. Truth is though that no one knows where the hell Yuri is going, not even him.

Maybe he saved the best for last. Yuri did it in the ESPN interview and we got him.

edit: I see that he listed us first in his tweet. In that case we are first on his mind.

Back