What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 PA OLB Deaysean Rippy ('13 TNFR to Colorado)

It looks like we can definitely focus on the others we really want. Good luck to Rip wherever he ends up.

I think he ends up at Pitt too. He is pals with that RB shell
Pitt has standards(having a trustworthy coach isn't one of them) and he loved his Arizona visit. Hopefully the kid is able to qualify some where though good luck to him.

Yeah, but stupid of whom? A coach with a positional need or a student-athlete not taking care of the student part?

The coaches have been clear the entire time with Rippy. Cannot blame the staff on this one.

In my book Embree just lost all of the goodwill he had built up from getting Crawley and Wright. You have a blue chip player call to commit to your program and you turn him down because he didn't accept some silly ultimatum? It just seems like a power play by Embree. We can’t afford to turn away this kind of talent and if Embree is interested in longevity in his CU head coaching career then he better get more talent in here. If Rippy doesn't qualify then so be it, if we can take a risk on huge reach like Derek McCartney simply because his grandfather is one of Embree’s buddies then we sure as hell can take a risk on blue chip recruit like Rippy. I guess nepotism was able to find its way through Embree’s rigid and high moral standards. Embree didn’t even have to put in any work, all he had to do was accept the damn commitment. The devil on my shoulder is hoping that Rippy goes to Arizona and dominates every time we play them for the next four years. Maybe I’m just expecting too much to assume that Embree would make a logical decision here, after all we are talking about a coach who decided to have a player fair catch a punt inside our own 20 yard line with 10 seconds until halftime.

In my book Embree just lost all of the goodwill he had built up from getting Crawley and Wright. You have a blue chip player call to commit to your program and you turn him down because he didn't accept some silly ultimatum? It just seems like a power play by Embree. We can’t afford to turn away this kind of talent and if Embree is interested in longevity in his CU head coaching career then he better get more talent in here. If Rippy doesn't qualify then so be it, if we can take a risk on huge reach like Derek McCartney simply because his grandfather is one of Embree’s buddies then we sure as hell can take a risk on blue chip recruit like Rippy. I guess nepotism was able to find its way through Embree’s rigid and high moral standards. Embree didn’t even have to put in any work, all he had to do was accept the damn commitment. The devil on my shoulder is hoping that Rippy goes to Arizona and dominates every time we play them for the next four years. Maybe I’m just expecting too much to assume that Embree would make a logical decision here, after all we are talking about a coach who decided to have a player fair catch a punt inside our own 20 yard line with 10 seconds until halftime.

You really can't be serious here.

Troll!

You're right, we should fold to the will of a 17 year old. What could possibly go wrong?

Tell what you really think. Oh but don't use any logic or reason

Back