What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TNFR TX WR Mike Davis

I will have to disagree on the analysis on P.Rich. I think he has late first or second round talent but needs to add about 5 to 10 pounds to his frame.

Davis is hated, apparently, by the Horn faithful. Lazy head case, supposedly.

I'm less concerned about opinions from Horn faithful than I am about the opinions of his former coach. Kennedy knows this kid. If he's happy, I'm happy.

Also - what this rumor (if true) says to me is that there are a few guys in Texas who think Kennedy is a good coach, and that Wood is a better QB option than what is currently on the Texas roster.

I will have to disagree on the analysis on P.Rich. I think he has late first or second round talent but needs to add about 5 to 10 pounds to his frame.

PRich has the frame to add weight without losing speed, he can easily get to NFL preferred size. He already (when healthy) has the speed.

Problem for him is that to be an NFL 1st or 2nd round pick you have to show that you can dominate at this level week in and week out. There are lots of college guys who can go out and have big games, the pros want guys who can have a big game every week. PRich hasn't shown the abilitity to do that yet. Some weeks he looks like he is unstoppable, other weeks you have to remember back to a couple of easy drops across the middle to be sure he was in the game.

Love him as a college player, he can be spectacular and change games, just think we are getting ahead of ouselves talking about him being a high NFL pick until he develops some things he is currently missing in his game.

Having a guy like Davis in here could help him a lot. Davis has the pure talent to push PRich and make him realize that he has to do it on more than raw physical talent. Davis could also make it impossible for teams to build their defenses around stopping PRich and let him be more consistently involved in the game.

Last edited:
PRich has the frame to add weight without losing speed, he can easily get to NFL preferred size. He already (when healthy) has the speed.

Problem for him is that to be an NFL 1st or 2nd round pick you have to show that you can dominate at this level week in and week out. There are lots of college guys who can go out and have big games, the pros want guys who can have a big game every week. PRich hasn't shown the abilitity to do that yet. Some weeks he looks like he is unstoppable, other weeks you have to remember back to a couple of easy drops across the middle to be sure he was in the game.

Love him as a college player, he can be spectacular and change games, just think we are getting ahead of ouselves talking about him being a high NFL pick until he develops some things he is currently missing in his game.

Having a guy like Davis in here could help him a lot. Davis has the pure talent to push PRich and make him realize that he has to do it on more than raw physical talent. Davis could also make it impossible for teams to build their defenses around stopping PRich and let him be more consistently involved in the game.

I agree on the bolded. He did disappear after the Cal game because he was double, if not triple teamed from there on out. The only games he started to come back was when Clemons started to pick it up. He did have a few drops however the ball was hardly thrown his way because of the coverage.

Obviously don't know anything about the young man, but if this staff's handling of Clemons and bringing out the best in him is any indication, they will do fine with Davis.

We struggled to put P.Rich in a place to succeed with our offense as well. I can admit that I didn't see every game but the games I did watch P.Rich was clearly the best player CU fielded from an NFL potential standpoint. Alot would depend on drills and such at the combine but I think P.Rich is really going to develop over the next two years and he has alot of things going for him.
Long
Makes plays on the ball in the air
Fast
Runs pro style passing routes
Good at running after the catch

As far as Davis goes. I think he would have the potential to be a 3 year starter for us here if he transfers over to us and burns his redshirt. I love the kids we pulled out of Texas this year but from a potential standpoint Davis has more. I would love to see him come here and then talk Snead to transferring to us the following year.

God bless Texas for letting some of these guys go.

We struggled to put P.Rich in a place to succeed with our offense as well. I can admit that I didn't see every game but the games I did watch P.Rich was clearly the best player CU fielded from an NFL potential standpoint. Alot would depend on drills and such at the combine but I think P.Rich is really going to develop over the next two years and he has alot of things going for him.
Long
Makes plays on the ball in the air
Fast
Runs pro style passing routes
Good at running after the catch

P Rich struggled after his injury...that was the biggest issue. He was not the same player.

P Rich struggled after his injury...that was the biggest issue. He was not the same player.

^^This^^

He just didn't have any explosion, couldn't make his cuts or burst to get open.

Also really hurt PRich when Speedy got hurt. That took away a lot of our big play threat in the running game (and Speedy's ability as a reciever out of the backfield) letting defenses put more attention on PRich.

I don't get it. Our coaches likely made Clemons into an NFL draft pick. Oh well. Oh, and what the hell is "SOPA?" "Standard Operating Procedures Asshole?"

Stop Online Privacy Act. the site was down all day in protest of this bill, which Congress is considering.

I don't get it. Our coaches likely made Clemons into an NFL draft pick. Oh well. Oh, and what the hell is "SOPA?" "Standard Operating Procedures Asshole?"
SOPA= **** on the people always, it is Congress' new motto...

Back