What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX SG Alex Caruso (Signed to Texas A&M)

youve lost your posting privileges... as of right now... :lol: seriously tho... what depth askia booker is a frosh... carlon brown is a senior and sabato chen is a walk on jr... as it stands we have one SG on the roster... we need help

we have Adams, Dinwiddie, and Booker all coming is as frosh, and hopefully one or 2 of them can contribute by the 2012 season and hopefully Shannon Sharpe will reach his potential.. and wow, as im typing this, i realize all the "depth" is based of my hopes :bang:.. i guess youre right about not much depth at gaurd and between roberson and scott we could have pretty decent depth at forward. on second thought, i hope we do get this guy, and unless we can magically get House, we bank the last scholarship, and go into 2013 with 2 openings, to get at least one of the talented gaurds that we have a chance at.

Also just thinking out loud, this kid is big enough and skilled enough that he could easily be a wing in a three guard offense, which Tad ran a lot of at UNC.

It's nice to balance classes and positions but when you get a shot at a guy who has serious talent you take it and figure out how to balance later.

it's not that i want to turn him down, i just hope we dont miss out on any opportunities or lose recruiting momentum by having no room in 2013

are you a UNC fan in disguise? seriously if any top 100 players wants to play at CU, we take them. Period.

it's not that i want to turn him down, i just hope we dont miss out on any opportunities or lose recruiting momentum by having no room in 2013
I think Boyle would be taking a much bigger chance of killing momentum by turning down a borderline top-50 kid after one NIT appearance. As much confidence as we all have in the future of CU basketball, continued success on the court is the only thing that's going to draw one of the premier '13 players like Hamilton or Thomas. A 2012 class of Scott/Gordon/Caruso and one of Zena/Hairston/Wallace would be huge and could set the program up for a few really nice years. As long as one '13 scholly is available, I'll be happy. The numbers tend to work themselves out long-term through transfers, injuries, etc. I wonder how long a guy like Sharpe would stick around the program with Dinwiddie possibly ahead of him this year, then facing the prospect of competing with Dinwiddie/Hairston/Booker next year. I'd certainly prefer a guy with that kind of talent fulfill it in Boulder, but stranger things have happened.

are you a UNC fan in disguise? seriously if any top 100 players wants to play at CU, we take them. Period.

I think you've missed where I came back and said that he would be a good get for CU before you even posted, and then again, in response to your first post. I said I wouldn't want to turn him down, I only said that I hope we can still get a talented GUARD from the 2013 class.. I dont see how it makes me look like UNC or CSU fan by saying i hope that by taking talent now, we dont have to turn down even more talent later.. most CSU fans wouldnt be to concerned about CU getting the best talent available

of course we need kids like Caruso, but I think Boyle could be selective with his scholarship. We really don't have any Juniors on the squad, so aside from transfers, we're not picking up any openings. I hope we don't take two more players in this class unless they're exceptional talents.

breaking news: Shabazz Muhammad was ready to commit to Colorado, but Boyle pulled the offer saying he didn't want too many guards on the team. crisis averted.

breaking news: Shabazz Muhammad was ready to commit to Colorado, but Boyle pulled the offer saying he didn't want too many guards on the team. crisis averted.

again, i've already stated 3 (this will be 4) times now that i dont want to turn down caruso, after my first post. in my second post, i even said i had realized caruso would help a lot to get on the buffs. all im saying is that with our scholarship situation, we have to be careful about who we take, or we could end up kicking ourselves later.

and also, having to many guards would be a strange reason to turn down the top player in the country, especially considering he's a mainly a forward.

Based on recruiting futures, I kind of hope we don't get this kid.

Basic summary, we really need another forward, so i say we take Zena and, if possible, Danuel, and then go for a SG in 2013

again, i've already stated 3 (this will be 4) times now that i dont want to turn down caruso, after my first post.

yeah I don't know where we got that idea :lol:

Looking at the roster we will have Mills and Tunks to play C (with 2013 and 2014 left to play) and Cain, Gordon and Scott (with 2013, 2014, and 2015 left to play). I think Gordon and Scott can both play a bit of Center, but it would be nice to pick up a big man for the 2014 class with the one scholarship we have left.

Looking at the roster we will have Mills and Tunks to play C (with 2013 and 2014 left to play) and Cain, Gordon and Scott (with 2013, 2014, and 2015 left to play). I think Gordon and Scott can both play a bit of Center, but it would be nice to pick up a big man for the 2014 class with the one scholarship we have left.
I think that we already have the 2014 Center ... Mills will readshirt this year.

Yeah, i know where you got the idea, ive been trying to say that i realized i was wrong

The thing with 2013 is, we only have 1 scholarship, its a weaker class of forwards as far as kids we have a shot at, and a strong class of CU interested guards. basically, and not saying i dont want caruso, i just think that we take a guy like zena to fill up our forwards right now if we have to get selective, and then we focus on our needs at guard next year when our talent pool is rich

I agree that we don't want to punt on the '13 class. That said, I wouldn't get too focused on positions outside of PG and C. Scott and Cain look to be pure 4's, Gordon should play both 4 and 5, Roberson should see time at both forward positions, and Adams should play both the 2 and 3. If Caruso signs, I'd expect to see him playing multiple positions, depending on match-ups. In the college game, you really can afford to just stockpile athletes in that 6'5" to 6'10" range and let positions sort themselves out.

The thing with 2013 is, we only have 1 scholarship, its a weaker class of forwards as far as kids we have a shot at, and a strong class of CU interested guards. basically, and not saying i dont want caruso, i just think that we take a guy like zena to fill up our forwards right now if we have to get selective, and then we focus on our needs at guard next year when our talent pool is rich
Remember, we have to leave room for the second Scott sibling in the 2013 class ... he would be a at least a small forward IMO. I think that we go for one more person in this class and leave two scholarships for next year. Given Mills redshirts, we have three bigs in the 2012 class ... I think that a point or two guard might be a logical for the 2012 class to go with the two guys that we have

Remember, we have to leave room for the second Scott sibling in the 2013 class ... he would be a at least a small forward IMO. I think that we go for one more person in this class and leave two scholarships for next year. Given Mills redshirts, we have three bigs in the 2012 class ... I think that a point or two guard might be a logical for the 2012 class to go with the two guys that we have

I could see Boyle being conservative in recruiting this year in order to have spots open next year for a couple of top guys, but I don't think Jordan Scott is going to affect what happens with this years class to much.. unless he is starts to blow up like his brother did, I don't know that we'll even offer, but we'll have to wait to see how he starts improving.

I've been looking into a lot of stuff tonight, and I'm starting to feel like the most likely outcome will be that we add Caruso to this years class of Scott and Gordon, along with Zena Edosomwan/Rosco Allen, and next year we take a SG

I think that we already have the 2014 Center ... Mills will readshirt this year.

We don't have a guarantee that he will so it seems silly to count on it happening. We just don't know how sht will recover from his injury or that he won't get injured again. It would be great if mills gets a red shirt year and I hope he can be around in 2014

I could see Boyle being conservative in recruiting this year in order to have spots open next year for a couple of top guys, but I don't think Jordan Scott is going to affect what happens with this years class to much.. unless he is starts to blow up like his brother did, I don't know that we'll even offer, but we'll have to wait to see how he starts improving.

I've been looking into a lot of stuff tonight, and I'm starting to feel like the most likely outcome will be that we add Caruso to this years class of Scott and Gordon, along with Zena Edosomwan/Rosco Allen, and next year we take a SG

There is absolutely no way Rosco Allen comes here...Zena is a maybe, but even then, a big maybe. Caruso isn't even LIKELY to come here. It'd be nice if we Caruso and Zena want to commit to us, but I highly doubt we get both of them.

Even if Mills redshirts, I want another big, because I just don't think he has what it takes.

A point guard this year is the last position we need...I don't understand that statement. If a great talent wants to join us, sure, take him, but point should not be a focus in my opinion. We have Dinwiddie, Sharpe and Booker that all fit the one size-wise, and they are all underclassmen next season.

There is absolutely no way Rosco Allen comes here...Zena is a maybe, but even then, a big maybe. Caruso isn't even LIKELY to come here. It'd be nice if we Caruso and Zena want to commit to us, but I highly doubt we get both of them.

Even if Mills redshirts, I want another big, because I just don't think he has what it takes.

A point guard this year is the last position we need...I don't understand that statement. If a great talent wants to join us, sure, take him, but point should not be a focus in my opinion. We have Dinwiddie, Sharpe and Booker that all fit the one size-wise, and they are all underclassmen next season.

Whos talking about a point?

that wasn't all a response to your comment - it was to the entire thread - read the other comments. Hoops Fan said a 1 or 2 would be logical, and I understand a 2-3 but not a 1 this class.

Am I missing something? I count 10 scholarships for 2012-13 so far, with zero seniors. So assuming we have 13 scholarships, that would give us 3 more. If I remember correctly Chen is still a Walk-on, that has been given a scholarship on a year to year basis.

1. Shannon Sharpe (Jr)
2. Andre Roberson (Jr)
3. Jeremy Adams (Jr)
4. SHT (Jr)
5. Ben Mills (Jr/So)
6. Dinwiddie (So)
7. Booker (So)
8. Cain (So)
9. Scott (Fr)
10. Gordon (Fr)

Am I missing something? I count 10 scholarships for 2012-13 so far, with zero seniors. So assuming we have 13 scholarships, that would give us 3 more. If I remember correctly Chen is still a Walk-on, that has been given a scholarship on a year to year basis.

1. Shannon Sharpe (Jr)
2. Andre Roberson (Jr)
3. Jeremy Adams (Jr)
4. SHT (Jr)
5. Ben Mills (Jr/So)
6. Dinwiddie (So)
7. Booker (So)
8. Cain (So)
9. Scott (Fr)
10. Gordon (Fr)

You're not missing a thing. The debate is over whether we take 3 more for the 2012 class, find another guy for this year + 2 more for 2012, or we bank one for 2013 + 2 more for 2012.

You're not missing a thing. The debate is over whether we take 3 more for the 2012 class, find another guy for this year + 2 more for 2012, or we bank one for 2013 + 2 more for 2012.

I was told there would be no math.

Back