What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 WA TE Caleb Smith (Signed to Oregon State)

In the new system, the play is called by one of the TEs in the huddle. The players approach the LOS, all eyes on the TE on their side of the ball. The center hovers over the ball, waiting for the TE to wink at him. This keeps the QB on his toes and in the game. After taking the snap, the QB throws the ball to a TE, hands off to a RB who runs in the direction of a TE or the TE takes out the middle LB, the TEs pass protect or decoy, or the QB runs in the direction of a TE and throws deep. Everything revolves around the TE. I thought you knew something about this system?

Quality work. Would rep you, but I gotta spread some around.

Funny, I thought he meant the tight end in the skirt on the sidelines. Oh yeah Caleb, just one more reason to come to CU, girls actually see the sun and don't look like vampires.

In the new system, the play is called by one of the TEs in the huddle. The players approach the LOS, all eyes on the TE on their side of the ball. The center hovers over the ball, waiting for the TE to wink at him. This keeps the QB on his toes and in the game. After taking the snap, the QB throws the ball to a TE, hands off to a RB who runs in the direction of a TE or the TE takes out the middle LB, the TEs pass protect or decoy, or the QB runs in the direction of a TE and throws deep. Everything revolves around the TE. I thought you knew something about this system?

What do you mean by "the" TE? You completely ignored that we will have a minimum of 2 and as many as 4 TEs on the field for every offensive play. This is what confuses the defense, because they don't know which "wink" is the dummy call and which one is for real.

What do you mean by "the" TE? You completely ignored that we will have a minimum of 2 and as many as 4 TEs on the field for every offensive play. This is what confuses the defense, because they don't know which "wink" is the dummy call and which one is for real.
Like this?

[video=youtube;gA02GZLHd8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA02GZLHd8M&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Actually, read the post - I refer to multiple TEs in just about every instance, "a TE", "TE on their side of the ball", "one of the TEs".... as I like to say (but don't always follow myself) reading is an important skill.

Actually, read the post - I refer to multiple TEs in just about every instance, "a TE", "TE on their side of the ball", "one of the TEs".... as I like to say (but don't always follow myself) reading is an important skill.

Consider it a clarification, not a correction. :smile2:

The important thing is that TE recruits understand that our coaches are trying to figure out a way to get more than 11 TEs on the field at the same time.

The important thing is that TE recruits understand that our coaches are trying to figure out a way to get more than 11 TEs on the field at the same time.

Can you imagine the innovation JE is about to bring to the game when he introduces TE's to the DEFENSE?

I wasn't taking it as a correction, more.just.as.wrong. Like the 11+ TEs though - hadn't thought of that... maybe we get TEs signaling in the plays, too?

We already have a bunch of tight ends on the field all the time, how many cheerleaders do we have by the way?:lol:

This is getting ridiculous. Our TE depth or lack thereof should make it easy to recruit a group of quality TE's. After Irwin, I'm not sure who else is out there

I guess the coaches need another year to lay a foundation. That and start winning. I selfishly thought this staff would recruit lights out this year but it's not over, it's august. CU can chance and flip some guys with a decent season.

I guess the coaches need another year to lay a foundation. That and start winning. I selfishly thought this staff would recruit lights out this year but it's not over, it's august. CU can chance and flip some guys with a decent season.

It's definitely a kinder, gentler syko in the recruiting forum when we've got 2 DTs committed and straight shooting coach interviews. :smile2:

Gotta give these guys some time. This class isn't bad, and remember how many kids we flipped at the end of last cycle. I'm hopeful that this staff will find some difference makers.

Gotta give these guys some time. This class isn't bad, and remember how many kids we flipped at the end of last cycle. I'm hopeful that this staff will find some difference makers.

The overall class looks solid so far, but TE and OL were key positions that looked very promising early. At this point, not only has the promise not translated into results, but the well looks pretty dry with available prospects. The in-state exodus really hurt at TE and OL.

The class isn't ruined or anything, but we continually miss on solid prospects at TE and OL. When your offense is based on the TE, having severe depth issues is going to be a problem going forward.

The class isn't ruined or anything, but we continually miss on solid prospects at TE and OL. When your offense is based on the TE, having severe depth issues is going to be a problem going forward.

That's the scary thing in all this.

I think there's some good news on the horizon, though. Our OL and TE recruiting should look much better 2 months from now.

It's definitely a kinder, gentler syko in the recruiting forum when we've got 2 DTs committed and straight shooting coach interviews. :smile2:

Buzzkill :lol:

I would have been fine if we had no DT's by now....no..i'm serious...I swear.......:thumbsup:

I am guessing we get Irwin this year and Embree takes a developmental type also. Next year he again will shoot for a top 10 TE. It would help if one of our TE's have a good season. 700 yards and 6 TD's would look nice to show recruits.

To me Caleb Smith was the development TE of this class so we are going to have to start searching again. Time to start looking at some athletic Power Forwards and bring them in. Embree should be able to develop TE's as good as anyone in college so I am much more worried about landing premier OL, DB, Athletes than TE's.

A player to keep an eye on... the coaches may reach out after the dead period. He is taking visits.

He had a very productive senior year for a mediocre team: 31 catches, 457 yards, 3 TDs.

A player to keep an eye on... the coaches may reach out after the dead period. He is taking visits.

He had a very productive senior year for a mediocre team: 31 catches, 457 yards, 3 TDs.

I really like him. Would love to see him in black & gold instead of a halloween uniform.

Back