What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 AZ SG Jaron Hopkins (Signed to Colorado)

You know what team led the Pac-12 in FT% this year? Utah.

I care very little about FT%. I care a lot more about FTA. Getting to the line a lot matters.

The only part of me that cares is if a guy is a liability in the last 5 minutes of a game. Dre and XJ, as bad as they were from the line this year, seemed to be clutch when it mattered. So no big deal.

I care very little about FT%. I care a lot more about FTA. Getting to the line a lot matters.

The only part of me that cares is if a guy is a liability in the last 5 minutes of a game. Dre and XJ, as bad as they were from the line this year, seemed to be clutch when it mattered. So no big deal.
Andre has always seemed to have a knack for knocking down the pressure free throws.

Rivals just lost all credibility IMO. In fairness they never really had much to begin with.

I trust Tad over Rivals when it comes to basketball.

I think I trust Rivals the least of the 3 major recruiting services (Scout, ESPN, Rivals)

I think the player they missed on ratings wise, was Fletcher though. To rank him where they did, I'm not convinced they had anyone even watch a game of his.

Be warned stat geek talk here:

Yes, it's been proven statistically that the rate at what you get to the line is much more important than what you actually shoot as a % in determining the outcomes of games. One of Dean Oliver's "Four Factors of Basketball" is Free Throw Rate. This is basically how often a team/player gets to the line per field goal attempted. His other factors are turnover %, effective FG% and offensive rebounding %. But when you do regressions of the four factors eFG% is the most important four factor, followed by OR%, TO%, and finally Free Throw rate. Free throw rate actually has little effect on points per possession overall, but it is still more statistically significant than other parts of the game.

We are definitely improving athletically. He can definitely get up. I hope he is working on his shot this summer because he can definitely get some minutes off the bench next year.

Nice bump on ESPN's final rankings for the year. Went from the #38 SG in the nation to #21. High 3 star prospect.

Nice bump on ESPN's final rankings for the year. Went from the #38 SG in the nation to #21. High 3 star prospect.

That seems to be the consensus rating now, with ESPN moving him up and Rivals dropping him a little bit. He's just outside the top 100, but solidly in the top 150.

Back