What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA ILB Ryan Severson (Signed to Colorado)

Severson's 4.46-second electronically timed 40-yard dash was the second-best time out of the nearly 1,300 prospects that attended the Long Beach Nike Combine last April. That time was no fluke. Severson clocked in with a 4.44-second electronically timed 40-yard dash at Oklahoma's camp during his sophomore year.

"My fastest hand-timed 40-yard dash is 4.38-seconds," he said. "My whole life I have been fast. I was blessed to have that."

Says he has "wanted to be a Buffalo ever since he was a kid". Said they are not sure yet on D or O, but looking to judge his growth as well.... Chalk one up for Coach Mike Mac!

I admit I haven't been enamored with this signing. I do like the speed. It appears to have been validated. The guy is Jeremy Bloom fast and athletic. It appears he instantly becomes the most athletic guy on the team. We certainly need guys like this to play on special teams immediately and grow into a position down the road.

I admit I haven't been enamored with this signing. I do like the speed. It appears to have been validated. The guy is Jeremy Bloom fast and athletic. It appears he instantly becomes the most athletic guy on the team. We certainly need guys like this to play on special teams immediately and grow into a position down the road.

He is Jeremy Bloom fast, but he's probably 2 inches taller and this guy jumps really well. Jeremy? Only jumps I saw him do, he had skis on his feet!

'13 CA ATH Ryan Severson (Verbal to Colorado)

Jeremy was ridiculously quick and agile. That's what made him special.

Guy could change direction on a dime. I think he was drafted fairly high by the Eagles. Not sure what happened there.

Guy could change direction on a dime. I think he was drafted fairly high by the Eagles. Not sure what happened there.

Jeremy was quick and fast and I wasn't meaning to take anything away from him. He was drafted in '06 in the 5th round (147th overall). Never played. He was hurt that first year (hamstring), and his destiny was strictly as a punt/kickoff returner. May have been a Welker type in the right system. Great Buff and he's doing great now. And, he was very under-recruited.

I know these types of comparisons happen all the time. But I do think there is racial stereotypes that work against really fast white guys. I think they are all under-recruited. It's hard for staffs (and fans) to accept that white guys can play the speed positions in football. The ones who prove they can, almost always have to prove the doubters wrong.

We will see. CU needs lots more speed for sure.

I know these types of comparisons happen all the time. But I do think there is racial stereotypes that work against really fast white guys. I think they are all under-recruited. It's hard for staffs (and fans) to accept that white guys can play the speed positions in football. The ones who prove they can, almost always have to prove the doubters wrong.

We will see. CU needs lots more speed for sure.

I think there's something to this. Though it was a different era, Jeff Campbell started as a walk-on. I knew several people who went to Battle Mountain HS with him and they all knew he was ridiculously fast, but still no Div. 1 scholarship offers. As I recall, he got a scholarship after like a day of Fall camp.

So do we need to start having our WR's hit the slopes to develop speed and lateral agility or was Bloom just genetically blessed? All I know is he was a stud in the return game and on reverses.

AllSome ! I really like this kid and what he brings to the field... Welcome aboard Young Man !

I expect we will see Severson play more of a hybrid LB/S than a true every-down ILB.

I expect we will see Severson play more of a hybrid LB/S than a true every-down ILB.

Yep. I think we'll see him as a "Rover" in the 3-3-5 and 4-2-5. And I expect us to be in those defenses a lot.

Ya he seemed plenty physical to play Defense on film, but I'd say ILB is a stretch.

This Buff really gets me excited. Not to knock on Orms, but this is a faster and bigger version. He will be roaming the field with great closing speed. :thumbsup: After watching more film and reading about this kid I am really excited.
Ryan is a bigger version of Christian Mccaffrey. Just as fast, just as slippery and a great athlete.

Last edited:
Back