What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA OLB Victor Egu (Verbal to Yale)

Why is he popping up again? Did I miss something-he decommitted? If so is there any info that suggests he is seriously looking at us?

I think it's more speculation than anything. But with Ragin flipping to Cal, who knows?

Actually, as a west coast kid, going to Yale isn't that much of a help unless he's going to spend his life back east. Depending on his major, Cal may be a better school (CU as well) but certainly, for undergrad, I just don't see the point. Go to Cal, get a great education and have a real shot at the league and if that doesn't work out, choose your graduate school wisely.

Choosing an Ivy as a football player for undergrad doesn't make sense to me. For the record, my brother chose Harvard over Cal for MBA and works in California. Says that was a terrible decision (Harvard that is). The alumni network in Cali is non-existent.

He wishes he went to Stanford, Cal, UCLA, or USC in rough order.... (for graduate school).

Last edited:
Maybe playing football is not the number one priority. Going to Yale is a very good decision. If you are good, the NFL scouts will find you regardless of where you play.

One of my co-workers went to Yale. She makes the same as me who went to Metro. I think she is better at grammar than I am though.

I worked with a guy from Harvard who had a history degree but was doing database stuff making trade wages. The degree and what you do with it matters more than the school, but for some professions the school matters a lot (like, say, Supreme Court Justice where all come from either Harvard or Yale law schools).

I worked with a guy from Harvard who had a history degree but was doing database stuff making trade wages. The degree and what you do with it matters more than the school, but for some professions the school matters a lot (like, say, Supreme Court Justice where all come from either Harvard or Yale law schools).
Whizzer would disagree with that.

One of my co-workers went to Yale. She makes the same as me who went to Metro. I think she is better at grammar than I am though.
I find that hard to believe...the grammar part, not the Yalie in the cubicle next to you.

Back