What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CA S Su'a Cravens (Verbal to USC)

The board's opinions on opposing coaches is always good for few laughs. Lane Kiffin sucks. David Shaw sucks. Who else am I missing?

If they have an injury season like the Buffs had last year, they'll be in serious trouble.
Everyone is thinking about outlying situations. The facts have shown that they can pull in 15 4* & 5* players every year and have a two deep that is better than 90% of College Football. The NCAA sanctions were not harsh enough.

The board's opinions on opposing coaches is always good for few laughs. Lane Kiffin sucks. David Shaw sucks. Who else am I missing?

Gary Pinkel
Mack Brown
Rich Rodrigues
Philip Fulmer
Mark Richt

Lane Kiffin sucks as a coach though, even USC fans agree.

I don't think David Shaw sucks, it was that Jim Harbaugh was really really good.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Lane Kiffin sucks as a coach though, even USC fans agree.

I don't think David Shaw sucks, it was that Jim Harbaugh was really really good.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I think most USC fans today have a much different view of Kiffin now than they did when he was hired. He may not ever be an an Xs and Os wizard, but you do not have to be if you recruit lights out. I originally thought Kiffin was nothing more than a placeholder, not so much anymore.

Lol. I'd take Lane Kiffin 365 days a year over Embree.
With the way Kiffin recruits, how could you not? You also get Ed Orgeron too.

I think most USC fans today have a much different view of Kiffin now than they did when he was hired. He may not ever be an an Xs and Os wizard, but you do not have to be if you recruit lights out. I originally thought Kiffin was nothing more than a placeholder, not so much anymore.
I thought he was a placeholder as well, still think he might be. I just don't think he's the right guy for USC, personally think he's playcalling is terrible and that kind of offsets the talent he has on there. But that's just me though, and I'm not in the heat of the moment during the game so I just sit on my couch and play MMQB :)

Everyone is thinking about outlying situations. The facts have shown that they can pull in 15 4* & 5* players every year and have a two deep that is better than 90% of College Football. The NCAA sanctions were not harsh enough.

The NCAA sanctions went the wrong direction. Scholarship reductions help recruiting no matter the program. It makes the offer more special due to the limited numbers. If the NCAA wants to hammer a program in the future, it should not reduce scholarships at all. Rather, give them a multi-year ban on post-season.

The NCAA sanctions went the wrong direction. Scholarship reductions help recruiting no matter the program. It makes the offer more special due to the limited numbers. If the NCAA wants to hammer a program in the future, it should not reduce scholarships at all. Rather, give them a multi-year ban on post-season.

plus make 'em pay back a couple of years of bowl money.

I bet Dan Hawkins could win 10+ games with SC's talent. All you have to do is say go play football

get so d@** tired of these teams dragging talent in over two deep and still sign 4* and 5* guys.... really don't even need a coach on the sideline. They can just play every game like a pick-up game and win, s**t gets old!!

Is this year 2 or year 1 of USC's scholarship limitation?

It was supposed to be year 2, but USC challenged it and ran business as usual until the NCAA ruled. This past signing day was the beginning for recruiting. They signed 30 with a bunch counting back in 2011.

U$C will not hurt with quality of athletes. They always have and always will average a high 3* to low 4*.

They are in year 2 I believe of sanctions.

What will hurt is depth over the next few years. When their starters get injured... Their starters and classes will always be at the top in the Pac if not the country. They are as big-time as it gets in college football. What will hurt them is depth. They are still a year or two away from feeling the full effects of the sanctions with their depth, but they will hurt (as in suffering .500 seasons, sigh)...

I wish Lane Kiffin was stinking it up but he's turning out to be pretty good for them so far...

Don't expect them to take on lower recruited athletes... Look at them to take 15 4* average players. Their depth and coaching is the only thing that will limit them.

Now, if/when Oregon hits the sanctions.... THAT will hurt:devil: They are not U$C and cannot weather the same sanctions in the same way...

Back